• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\team fortress 2\tf\maps

Paste the bsp file in this directory.

When you load up. map tr_walkway or whatever the map name is.

Tenck

Cloudius12 said:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\team fortress 2\tf\maps

Paste the bsp file in this directory.

When you load up. map tr_walkway or whatever the map name is.

Not understanding the loading up part. Where would I do the command?

Yeef

Wendel Clark said:
Create a server (the + button near the browse servers button) and select the map you want from the list
Faster to just just open console (~) and do map tr_walkway.

Chinner said:
maybe they'll give us more hats? you know, when there's a hole in the road you don't make it bigger, you fill it up!

After they gave us a paper hat for the mannconomy anniversary and all their free hat for that matter... I'm kinda afraid of what hat they could possibly offer for the survivors of the crashweek...

Yeef

JAS-769GLJupiter769AltoSaxSaxophone.jpg

ton.png

alan-hale-jr.jpg

Is Valve really just fucking with us? Or is there some secret way to craft/goose the system to get that crate to drop that nobody has figured out yet?

How rare have the other special crates been?

I'm really just pissed off because the Strange Gunslinger was pretty high on my wishlist before this business started.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Valve is "experimenting" (re: trying to drag out the whole crate thing before every weapon in the game is strange quality and key sales drop off)

DarkKyo

divisionbyzorro said:
Is Valve really just fucking with us? Or is there some secret way to craft/goose the system to get that crate to drop that nobody has figured out yet?

How rare have the other special crates been?

I'm really just pissed off because the Strange Gunslinger was pretty high on my wishlist before this business started.
Tell me about it. I've wanted a strange gunslinger for a long time, and a strange machina gets me ultra horny(never expected strange machina to come out so soon after the normal version).

DarkKyo

Chinner said:
man if #series 30 crates are hat rare p much not worth my time playing or idling then. i never get good shit.
I dunno, I got one on my main account during the last drop cycle so I don't think they are as rare as they say. Didn't get one on any of my idlers though. I hope I get one or two this cycle as well.

Well anyways I opened a strange caber and that went for a few keys lol

DarkKyo

Chinner said:
so what is more valuable, the crate or the contents within?
My guess would be.... the contents. Machine and gunslinger are top tier godly items.. caber is pretty popular too... the fish is meh but I'm sure it is still rare. Then you gotta factor in the crate itself which could give you an unusual I guess.

Though I'd still take a strange machine or gunslinger over the crate.

Edit: Oh right, and the kritzkrieg.. I bet that goes for a lot too.

Dechaios said:
Edit: Oh right, and the kritzkrieg.. I bet that goes for a lot too.

I've seen a Strange Kritzkrieg go for a Team Spirit Bill's if you can believe it. And Dreams-Visions said in the trading thread that someone traded a Buds for one. ~_~

Chinner said:
so what is more valuable, the crate or the contents within?
99% of the time, I'd say neither. but if you get a #30 crate dropped, it's contents are worth a pot of TF2 gold.

Most crates aren't worth the cost of opening them...and odds are heavy that you'll spend more to open the crate than if you had simply bought its contents on the open market. But the #30? Always a good investment to open it. You're guaranteed to get something worth more than the key you opened it with. and most of the time significantly more.

For now, at least.

I just found my second #30 crate. Are they dropping more now?

I sold the first one a few days ago for a whole lot. Today I succumbed to temptation and opened it. Got a fish. Anyone know how much it's worth right now?

Top Bottom