• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Archie said:
Valve should have a double drop week after they fix the crashing debacle. /senseofentitlement
screw double drop... I remember after one particular update we had a night where people were getting 3-4 drops an hour.

MrPing1000 said:
Now young grass hopper, get a reflected arrow headshot.

I've done it 3 times in over 220 hours of pyro, good luck and all 3 were against the sniper that fired it. Reflected arrow headshot that isn't the sniper, is the holy grail of reflects

from now on, this is what i will be trying to do

Clydefrog

I love juking with a pyro with my arrows. "oh, you think I'm gonna shoot my arrow now.. oh! not now! ... nope! not now either! haha, tricked you aga-" *reflected arrow death*

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Acerac

Banned
fallengorn said:
screw double drop... I remember after one particular update we had a night where people were getting 3-4 drops an hour.
That sounds amazing.

I'm all for it! My idle accounts got between 0-3 drops apiece this week. :(

it seems that the haloween update might hit around the 22nd.

if you set your system date to 10/22/11 ( translation for ass backwards America: 22/10/11 )

you get:

5eh20l.png

Tenck

The Omega Man said:

if you set your system date to 10/22/11 ( translation for ass backwards America: 22/10/11 )

you get:

5eh20l.png

I thought other countries did it by day, month, and year. I've never seen it any other way here in the USA.

Blizzard

Banned
The Omega Man said:

you get:
So you mean, 10/22/2011 for Americans. ;)

And there's a house in the background! Clearly a house map is confirmed!

Tenck

The Omega Man said:
boring? there is like a Mansion and a carved pumpkin there, that's 2 things confirmed for the Halloween update! plus a possible date.

How about that fence? Looks interesting. I'm 100% sure it represents something. Maybe, a fence :eek:

Yeef

The Omega Man said:
boring? there is like a Mansion and a carved pumpkin there, that's 2 things confirmed for the Halloween update! plus a possible date.
It was obvious that they were going to do a Scream Fortress update because:
  • They do one every year
  • Some company (can't remember which) posted on their facebook that they'll have promo items or something in this year's update.

Also, that's the background image from last year. Which, again, would be boring. They should make a new one.

Tenck said:
How about that fence? Looks interesting. I'm 100% sure it represents something. Maybe, a fence :eek:

sarcasm, finally someone gets it!!!!

Yeef said:
  • Some company (can't remember which) posted on their facebook that they'll have promo items or something in this year's update.

EVGA is having an event I think, but haven't seem any promos related to it.

ArtistDude88 said:
Boy, did I ever chose the wrong damn week to start playing TF2 again. Stopped playing for a month to calm down and cool it on the rage, and it worked! I was having fun and laughing... But this constant crashing has brought the rage back almost instantly. At this rate I'll be taking another long break from TF2.

yep, this one of the worst crash bugs TF2 have ever had, my computer crashes every 5 minutes literally

Boy, did I ever chose the wrong damn week to start playing TF2 again. Stopped playing for a month to calm down and cool it on the rage, and it worked! I was having fun and laughing... But this constant crashing has brought the rage back almost instantly. At this rate I'll be taking another long break from TF2 soon.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Boy, did I ever chose the wrong damn week to start playing TF2 again. Stopped playing for a month to calm down and cool it on the rage, and it worked! I was having fun and laughing... But this constant crashing has brought the rage back almost instantly. At this rate I'll be taking another long break from TF2 soon.
I've only one thing to say to this...

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
The correct format is YYYY-MM-DD, because it's easiest to sort. U:
This is pretty much objectively correct. If you're sorting filenames alphabetically, you want everything from the same year together, and everything in the same month together.

Clydefrog

WprcW.jpg

Man, look how happy that pumpkin was just a year ago. If the update were to happen today, the pumpkin would have a giant frown and probably be rotten.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Clydefrog said:
Man, look how happy that pumpkin was just a year ago. If the update were to happen today, the pumpkin would have a giant frown and probably be rotten.
If that were to happen today people would be all, "ZOMG FREE MASSED FILES UNUSUAL~!!!!111"

Acerac

Banned
Woohoo! My car is a piece of shit and my plans with my friends fell through so I get to play TF2 on item reset day for the first time at a while!

Gotta put a happy face on things. Gotta put a happy face on things. Gotta put a happy face on things.

AcciDante

Acerac said:
Woohoo! My car is a piece of shit and my plans with my friends fell through so I get to play TF2 on item reset day for the first time at a while!

Gotta put a happy face on things. Gotta put a happy face on things. Gotta put a happy face on things.
But then you'll have no drops when the halloween patch comes out on the 22nd!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
hl2.exe has stopped working

People who are text idling that get consistent hat drops, can you post your launch code? I have a feeling the reason I haven't been getting any hat drops in a long-ass time is due to Valve identifying my idling and giving me crappy drops. I thought I read somewhere that you get lesser items if you are idling or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Omega Man said:

you get:

http://i51.tinypic.com/5eh20l.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]
I'll post here what I posted there.

[quote]If it hasn't been bursted, I'll just burst it now.

This happens when you set it to that day, any year. 2012, 2013, 2020, that image will display (Not 2080, that just crashes the game). Not only that, the current selection of buttons does not fit on the tomb stone. It confirms nothing. In fact, Valve will likely patch it out.[/quote]

Acerac

Banned
Archie said:
So you're telling us that the game is crashing less now than it was previously?

Top Bottom