• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Rapstah

I've only crashed today since people started crashing. First time was seemingly from someone's strange weapon levelling up, as that was the only thing happening when it crashed, and the second time was less clear. Haven't tried this very latest patch yet.

Sanic

Every time I try to search for a game, i'll get a list of 100+ servers, and then be told that an appropriate server couldn't be found. If I try to search again, or go to the server browser, than zero servers are found until I restart the game or wait awhile. Rinse repeat. Same thing happens if I try to join via server browser (click to join game, 'server is not responding', etc.)

Is this something on my end? It's been going on for a long time now.

Rummy Bunnz said:
I just found my second #30 crate. Are they dropping more now?

I sold the first one a few days ago for a whole lot. Today I succumbed to temptation and opened it. Got a fish. Anyone know how much it's worth right now?
Fish? Well...it's worth more than it cost you to open the crate, but not as much as the other weapons to be found in #30 crates. Not by a wide margin. I'd sell it for top dollar ASAP.

my replay of that arena_well round last night is broken, so someone who got it record "that" moment

i'd record the demo, but for some reason it's not saving the tga files and the wav is 1kb????

EmCeeGramr said:
my replay of that arena_well round last night is broken, so someone who got it record "that" moment

i'd record the demo, but for some reason it's not saving the tga files and the wav is 1kb????
also please edit it so there's appropriate slo-mo, black fade transitions, chariots of fire in the background, and then a sudden cut to normal replay with voices enabled

Dreams-Visions said:
Fish? Well...it's worth more than it cost you to open the crate, but not as much as the other weapons to be found in #30 crates. Not by a wide margin. I'd sell it for top dollar ASAP.
Yep, the valuable ones are Machina, Kritzkeig and Gunslinger. Those might even get you earbuds. Crazy.

Dreams-Visions said:
Thanks. I sold it for a bunch of the new hats. So I guess that's pretty good. Probably shoulda just sold the crate though.

Can't believe I got two on the same account within days of each other.

OH HEY another trading question. I bought Football Manager 2012, cuz I like to manage footballs. Anyone know the best time to trade the genuine items? Like is it best to dump 'em as soon as they can be traded or will they be worth more if I sit on them for awhile?

It's so hard not to use up that entire Vuvuzela noise maker right now.

commissar

There's a dedicated trading thread in Community (should be on the first page) which will give you a better idea of current values.
Make sure you read the OP for prices and ways to avoid being scammed.

I'm not that knowledgeable about the market, bit I'd say that due to being genuine they will become craftable later on.
Which means value will lower over time I guess. Ask in trading thread for a better idea anyway!

Assuming I have enough hats etc, I'd be keen on the scarf :p

Rummy Bunnz said:
Thanks. I sold it for a bunch of the new hats. So I guess that's pretty good. Probably shoulda just sold the crate though.
which new hats and how many exactly? you may have made out like a bandit, bro.

New hats are going for no less than 4 ref at the moment, or roughly 2 keys. Some for much more than that. So depending on the combination and total, you may have done better than if you had just sold the crate.

AcciDante

I'm never sure if my text idling is working anymore. I always get messages about item schemas and updates being queued. If I do get any items, there's no notifications, so I'm not sure if I had them anyways. WHAT DO!?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Rummy Bunnz said:

Can't believe I got two on the same account within days of each other.

OH HEY another trading question. I bought Football Manager 2012, cuz I like to manage footballs. Anyone know the best time to trade the genuine items? Like is it best to dump 'em as soon as they can be traded or will they be worth more if I sit on them for awhile?

It's so hard not to use up that entire Vuvuzela noise maker right now.

Sell early since those items will eventually make it into the drop pool and depreciate.

I was going to record my own video of the Great Steelpocalypse when I discovered there's a specific part in the replay where hl2.exe will always crash.

AcciDante said:
I'm never sure if my text idling is working anymore. I always get messages about item schemas and updates being queued. If I do get any items, there's no notifications, so I'm not sure if I had them anyways. WHAT DO!?
Play and get your drops normally? ;)

Salsa

crashing constantly

QQ: you guys play with v-sync? i kinda got used to it even with the bit of mouse lag that comes with it, but im thinking about taking it out and dealing with the tearing.. dont know

moojito

I crafted a reserve shooter (madness, I know but I don't like trading) for my pyro. Getting the old air blast and mid air shotgun kill is a hoot.

Also, shotgun hadouken taunting at every available moment.

webrunner

Looks like there was an item schema update, but all it did was apparently turn "Loadondemand" from 1 to 0 on a bunch of hats, whatever that is.

EmCeeGramr said:
also please edit it so there's appropriate slo-mo, black fade transitions, chariots of fire in the background, and then a sudden cut to normal replay with voices enabled
You could always get the replay from the stat site. Don't know how you would edit it though.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Togglesworlh said:
Like, sometimes all the clips don't actually render? So you'll only get one side of a conversation, or whatever.

Might it have something to do with alltalk? Maybe it's only rendering the voice chat of the team you were on?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
http://www.newyorkbrass.com/images/articles/JAS-769GLJupiter769AltoSaxSaxophone.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_34UOTIsUJJg/TTmRTeNdYpI/AAAAAAAABzM/6DV9cFyHZ40/s1600/ton.png[/IMG
[IMG]http://tigerbeatdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/alan-hale-jr.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
You are going to install the Saxton Hale mod on the server? Alright, sounds great!

webrunner

AcciDante said:

My drop rate this and last week have been.. less than stellar as well.. but I am getting items just at like, half rate: http://www.tf2items.com/id/webrunner

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Archie said:
Valve is "experimenting" (re: trying to drag out the whole crate thing before every weapon in the game is strange quality and key sales drop off)
Personally, I always wanted a super rare crates, I just wish the contents was a bit more spectacular.

Drkirby said:
Personally, I always wanted a super rare crates, I just wish the contents was a bit more spectacular.
I can see it now, unusual crates. Very rare, you will get an unusual if you unlock it no matter what, but you have a 1% chance of getting........ and unusual strange hat!

IF this happens I would kill myself lol.

Cipherr

I absolutely can NOT play a game without crashing now. Its fucking terrible. Crash crash crash repeatedly fucking ridiculous.

Blizzard

Banned
Cipherr said:
I absolutely can NOT play a game without crashing now. Its fucking terrible. Crash crash crash repeatedly fucking ridiculous.
It seems hard to understand why anyone is trying to play the game currently. Clearly Valve intends for you to not play, yet you keep trying to thwart them!

Clydefrog

I've been having fun with Portal 2 for the past two nights. But I fear the game will end soon and I'll be forced back into Crash Fortress 2.

commissar

Clydefrog said:
I've been having fun with Portal 2 for the past two nights. But I fear the game will end soon and I'll be forced back into Crash Fortress 2.
Nope. Not done.
After singleplayer you have to co-op!

DarkKyo

MatthewB92 said:
I can see it now, unusual crates. Very rare, you will get an unusual if you unlock it no matter what, but you have a 1% chance of getting........ and unusual strange hat!

IF this happens I would kill myself lol.

You need to buy an unusual key for this-- 20 dollars.

XeroSauce

Togglesworlh said:
I recall doing the exact same thing on the other team. At least I think I was red.

Anyway, do you find you have problems with rendering voice? Like, sometimes all the clips don't actually render? So you'll only get one side of a conversation, or whatever.

That's the first time I did it with voice so there was no problems (I heard Drirby in that video and he was on the other team) but I'll let you know if I run into anything later.

Sianos

Wendel Clark said:
I'm boycotting Valve forever I've had The Direct Hit drop twice today.
I seem to receive an unnatural number of booties.

So much so that the reskin was my first drop after the Crashiversary Update.

Top Bottom