• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Wish I could play longer than 20 minutes without the game crashing. Had no issues before the last big patch too. Hopefully the issue is fixed before the Halloween update.

still crashing 2 weeks later?

what the fuck are valve doing? oh well when u keep duct taping more and more bullshit on a 4(?) year old engine this is what happens.

ZombieSupaStar said:
still crashing 2 weeks later?

what the fuck are valve doing? oh well when u keep duct taping more and more bullshit on a 4(?) year old engine this is what happens.
those extra accessories brokered the game!

Dreams-Visions said:
those extra accessories brokered the game!

I wouldn't be surprised if adding in all these useless trinkets is fucking with the engine, is the exe large address aware?, or is there a 64bit executable?

And lets be real here im sure they didn't have anything in mind like this for tf2 back when they were making the engine in (2004-7 OB update) as it is now with all this crap bolted on.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
ZombieSupaStar said:
I wouldn't be surprised if adding in all these useless trinkets is fucking with the engine

It is, and has been since the first update that included new weapons.

Well it is a good time to take a break. Only until they fix the issues that is. For now, I'm interested in Dungeon Defenders 4pack =D Anyone want to do this?

Tenck

ZombieSupaStar said:
at this moment a Fallout New Vegas WITH 20+ mods is MORE STABLE THAN tf2.

Valve should give themselves a hat for that.....distinction.

Comparing the Gamebryo engine (that supports single player mostly) to the Source Engine (when used in multiplayer) is pretty absurd.

Out of all the games that use the Source Engine, TF2 is the most demanding game of them all. Sure it's pretty shitty that Valve has the game crashing a load of times, but major online games will have problems regardless of who's handling it.

mojiimbo

Yep, just as I was doing my victory taunt. :(

Pnk69.png

Yeef

I updated the demo page so that you can see who played in each game as well as which class they played and which team they were on. The stats are taken from the class/team your were closest to the end of the map. Click the question mark on the left to toggle the info view.

http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/

Yeef said:
I updated the demo page so that you can see who played in each game as well as which class they played and which team they were on. The stats are taken from the class/team your were closest to the end of the map. Click the question mark on the left to toggle the info view.

http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/
Some are ok, though some tend to break the layout.
iWsPinh3UtDP4.jpg

Yeef

Cloudius12 said:
Some are ok, though some tend to break the layout.
iWsPinh3UtDP4.jpg
yeah; it's a CSS issue. Support form columns is pretty spotty in firefox and chrome. I'm trying to find a workaround.

Tenck said:
Comparing the Gamebryo engine (that supports single player mostly) to the Source Engine (when used in multiplayer) is pretty absurd.

Out of all the games that use the Source Engine, TF2 is the most demanding game of them all. Sure it's pretty shitty that Valve has the game crashing a load of times, but major online games will have problems regardless of who's handling it.
To be bluntly honest, though - and I say this as a stark raving mad Valve fanboy - Valve has no valid excuse here. EVERY update comes with major issues. This has been probably the worst, but it's still pretty much always guaranteed to be buggy for a week or two, at least.

I'm completely serious when I say that at this point it might be better if they just quit updating the game forever, and focus on bugfixes and balancing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cavein does not end, ever. I personally like the map, but I don't think it should be in rotation.

I thought it would goto sudden death at the end of map time, but nope! And then I find the Ultimate map chooser is just busted. Got it to do a map vote though.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Cavein does not end, ever. I personally like the map, but I don't think it should be in rotation.
Do you mean it actually doesn't end, even when you win (or time runs out) or do you mean it's stalematey? From what I vaguely remember running around it, it was basically like Warpath Jr.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Do you mean it actually doesn't end, even when you win (or time runs out) or do you mean it's stalematey? From what I vaguely remember running around it, it was basically like Warpath Jr.
To stalematy. We were playing for 35 minutes, for one round. The instant respawn is too much.

in the middle of a fantastic scout run on lakeside, saving a replay since i just smacked twig, drkirby, and at least a few other dudes right in the face with meatshots, leading the scoreboard, still riding stro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-hl2.exe has experienced a problem

EmCeeGramr said:
in the middle of a fantastic scout run on lakeside, saving a replay since i just smacked twig, drkirby, and at least a few other dudes right in the face with meatshots, leading the scoreboard, still riding stro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-hl2.exe has experienced a problem
That's pretty much what happens every time I get a crash. I'm doing really well. I wasn't doing bad as sniper this time then BAM-AM-AM-AM-AM-AM-AM-AMetc

I am giving the game one more shot for now.

also lol can't wait for the replays/demos of tonight on steel

-people still fell for the door shit
-some sick pyro reflect/ambush action by a certain cool dude
-a terrifying serverpocalypse in the middle

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At first I thought the gamecrash was on my end, but then I realized I could still shoot people and here others. So I ended up killing half the red team before they disconnected.

EmCeeGramr said:
also lol can't wait for the replays/demos of tonight on steel

-people still fell for the door shit
-some sick pyro reflect/ambush action by a certain cool dude
-a terrifying serverpocalypse in the middle
??? The one in A-to-B?

Dug

Banned
Wow, everyone seems to be crashing except for me. Then again, I did crash a lot before this update Manniversary update so maybe Valve is giving me a grace period. :p

Acerac

Banned
We should only play Cave In to help people appreciate how lucky they are that they can vote for maps half the time.

Come to think of it, if we just set it as the first map for the weekly rotation it'll be the only one played til the rtv command is available.

XeroSauce said:
Does not compute. Vulcans don't have any emotions. Also, don't take my metal you jerks.
EmCeeGramr said:
pangloss talking gives away his location as spy, twice, on that terrible cave-in map (jpg not included)
Yeah, the steel doors behind A.
Didn't really care by that point and was messing around. I don't play spy for long. Usually go after teleporters and that's it. Too many spys on the GAF server as it is.

Cave-in is bad. Instant respawn. Capture a point and clock goes back to 30 minutes. There is no end to the madness.
Forkball said:
Pangloss is also lazy.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596951791306095158/DC7B9B51C29258CDA04C6729E0151058DC92F989/
I really don't think the Halloween update will be this week, no way they would push a major content update with TF2 as borked as it is. I'm surprised we didn't get another patch today.
Came back with the blue team to push that cart. So it all works out in the end.

Top Bottom