• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

XeroSauce

EmCeeGramr said:
Apparently they also changed the Bazaar Bargain (one of the few weapons I still don't have) so that it takes a head away if you miss instead of clearing the bonus.

That's fantastic! I might actually use it now!

Sanic

Wow, crashed seconds after getting into a game. It's getting worse!

edit: actually I crash everytime after picking a class.

edit2: everytime I hover over a class with my mouse, the game will crash.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I should wait to idle until the 22nd right? my cousins letting me use his acct for idling so now i got 2 accounts to work with.

edit:damnit im gonna need to use my laptop to trade with myself aren't I? lol.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I play this game every once in a while. I played a while ago for the Mac promotion, and have earbuds.

WHENEVER I play, I always have people wanting to trade for my earbuds. Why does everyone want my earbuds?

(._.)

Banned
K2Valor said:
I play this game every once in a while. I played a while ago for the Mac promotion, and have earbuds.

WHENEVER I play, I always have people wanting to trade for my earbuds. Why does everyone want my earbuds?
because they are a valuable item in game

give them to me

K2Valor said:

They're one of the more valuable items in the game. They probably target you because you don't have a lot of playtime, or something, and they're trying to get a good deal out of a trade with you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know, they just like them. They are "rare", and any class can wear them. They go for about $25 now (Yes, they are worth more then you would of paid for the game at the time)

I can only imagine it is due to the particle effect.

If you do go for a trade, make sure you get a whole screen of hats. At the very least, don't trade it for a single weapon.

Alienups

K2Valor said:

Its rarity makes it very valuable in trading. You can block people from sending you trade requests in the settings if it's bothering you.

edit: beaten etc...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alienups said:
Its rarity makes it very valuable in trading. You can block people from sending you trade requests in the settings if it's bothering you.
Its not rare though. It is uncommon.

Genuine Mauls, those are rare. Also, the Vintage Shogun weapons.

ant_

Drkirby said:
I don't know, they just like them. They are "rare", and any class can wear them. They go for about $25 now (Yes, they are worth more then you would of paid for the game at the time)

I can only imagine it is due to the particle effect.

If you do go for a trade, make sure you get a whole screen of hats. At the very least, don't trade it for a single weapon.
I almost traded for a single scout weapon. Woops
KuGsj.gif

ant_

I'm willing to give it to someone on NeoGAF whose willing to offer up a relatively fair trade. I don't really know what a fair trade would be, I just personally want some hats/weapons for scout (which is my fav class).

What is a "key" also?

Edit -- I'm gonna try out TF2 trading post. See what that gets me.

K2Valor said:
I'm willing to give it to someone on NeoGAF whose willing to offer up a relatively fair trade. I don't really know what a fair trade would be, I just personally want some hats/weapons for scout (which is my fav class).

What is a "key" also?

Mann co Key, used to open various crates.

Valued at $2.50 in shop or about 2-2.33 refined metal.

Don't fall for any lowball bs.

Hylian7

K2Valor said:

What is a "key" also?

Use Steam Trade and trade for some games!

Acerac

Banned
K2Valor said:

What is a "key" also?

Be cautious.

It is literally worth 10-25 hats or hundreds of weapons.

Keys are items purchased from the mannco store used for opening crates/trading.

mojiimbo

K2Valor said:

What is a "key" also?

Long shot but let me know if you'd be interested in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Alpha Protocol. I'd be happy to trade both of those for the buds. Wouldn't do you any good if you don't dual boot windows but V:TMB is an old Source engine game so I'd imagine it wouldn't run too bad on a meager modern video card.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34010/

Tenck

mojiimbo said:
Long shot but let me know if you'd be interested in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Alpha Protocol. I'd be happy to trade both of those for the buds. Wouldn't do you any good if you don't dual boot windows but V:TMB is an old Source engine game so I'd imagine it wouldn't run too bad on a meager modern video card.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34010/

Vampires!!

Such a great game. I'm stuck on it right now though :/

Damn you cops!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Acerac said:
Yeah that would have been a rather... poor deal for you.

I'd say it's worth what, 250 scout weapons? Give or take?
Give. Worth about 2.5x that.

But yeah, I would say it is worth 10 to 30 normal hats (Depending on just what the hats are), or about 600 normal weapons.

If you don't play TF2 much, just goto SourceOP and sell it for cash.

Also, a Key is a tool you can buy from the Mann Co store, the game's Microtransaction E-Shop. You can open up the crates you find, and is the only way to open them. You cost $2.50 a pop. There is a 1% chance a crate will have an Unusual Hat, which has a special particle effect. Unusual hats are worth from $25 for ones that people feel are poor, to upto $500+ for ones that are both a hat people like, and have a effect that is ether perceived as "good" or just goes well with the theme of the hat (Christmas hats having snow, Pyro hats being on fire)

Now, it is likely People will offer Keys for your Earbuds. They are currently worth about 13-14 keys (While keys cost $2.50, their market value is closer to $2, due to the whole back end of the TF2 economy of people buying keys to create additional accounts to idle for items, then selling the keys for cash, to make each account effectively $1)

Now, while keys may not be useful for you, they are really good trading chips. They are each worth about 2.66 Refined (2 Refined, 2 Reclaimed), so you could get a hat or two for each one. You could also get a big pile of weapons, each one would be roughly 45 weapons. Though people don't often keep large stashes of weapons around, so you would likely want to trade down yet again from a key about 2.33-2.66 refined, break the metal up into smaller bits, and use that metal to trade for weapons.

Also, for just normal weapons, just ask around on the GAF server, most people will do a 1:1 trade for any of your weapon for any weapon they have an extra of. After a few months, most weapons are more or less "worthless", in that they don't have any extra value other then their basic value to make metal with.

Now, for crates. Most crates are fairly worthless. You will be lucky to get a single weapon for them. It is to be noted though there is a single crate that is worth a lot at the moment, the Salved Mann Co Crates. This is Crate Series 30, the crate also has a unique icon. At the moment, they trade for about a key each.

Any follow up questions to the info dump?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
NBtoaster said:
Could this be a new halloween map coming?

http://i.imgur.com/sVgMB.jpg[/img

Or was the screen there last year?[/QUOTE]
New screen, so I am going to go with "Yes", for it being the new map.

moojito

This most recent patch has helped my titan's quest progress no end. Maybe this is gabe's secret plan to help people work through their steam backlog.

Proven

Cloudius12 said:
If only my game works =( getting this stupid version mismatch error.
There was an update last night that didn't come into effect until several hours later when my game decided to crash at 2:30AM. Since the game is peer to peer, probably everybody else online was like me and didn't stop playing until they were forced off.

Nabs

moojito said:
This most recent patch has helped my titan's quest progress no end. Maybe this is gabe's secret plan to help people work through their steam backlog.
Same here. 19 hours and counting.

i namedropped it in the trading thread but just gonna mention it here

tf2 warehouse is crazy

it's automated trading bots on a system based on credits and trading in your old items and shit and picking stuff from a "store" for a bot to contact you via steam trade to redeem them

it's not for finding everything, but it's great for picking up random weapons and stranges

zulfate

Pandoracell said:
Wow, crashed seconds after getting into a game. It's getting worse!

edit: actually I crash everytime after picking a class.

edit2: everytime I hover over a class with my mouse, the game will crash.

I had this issue too, i found a fix by going to steam library right click on tf2 then go to properties fix the chache and or also defragment it...and it fix the issue

sorry for bad writing, in hurry since im doing this at work and i am not suppose to be on lol

Exuro

The Omega Man said:
foggy swamp with a giant skull, probably on an island, the skull holding a big treasure, all this means only one thing: Dead Pirates!!!!!!
So raid mode is tf2 mmo style'd dungeon maps confirmed!

Top Bottom