• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

I only play one class, so I should be fine!

I've actually been practicing my demo jumps lately: might try to play demo more often when Scout doesn't seem like a good idea.

DarkKyo

QXL3j.jpg

Lol used my first decal tool.. cool stuff but I hope they bring back the color filter soon.. sepia is only good for a few designs really

okay yeah i can't even play for more than two minutes now

i'm done

2f2f didn't crash on me and i've played there like two hours on and off today so maybe it's something wrong with the gaf server

Blizzard said:
Since I haven't seen the movie, what's the reference?

He used to compete with his younger brother who was genetically superior, Ethan always got tired first and his brother swan the farthest, someday when he grew up he decided not to use his genetically inferior dna as an excuse and he finally beat his brother

something like that, I haven't seen the movie in a while

Blizzard

Banned
It sounds like the GAF server is crashing for everyone every couple of minutes, so I haven't even bothered getting on. If other servers don't crash then I guess we could play there.

Acerac

Banned
Blizzard said:
It sounds like the GAF server is crashing fir everyone every couple of minutes, so I haven't even bothered getting on. If other servers don't crash then I guess we could play there.
There's actually been like 4 or 5 of us just sitting there waiting for anyone to show up but nobody does.

Forkball

Dr. Pangloss said:
Is everyone waiting for the update tomorrow?

He's come to steal your soul! And, if you have one, your horse! Brace yourselves to see the new update next week. Of course, we won't be seeing anything... Because WE JUST ATE OUR OWN EYEBALLS! TWIST BLOG POST ENDING!

Brace yourselves to see the new update next week.

new update next week

For a doctor, you have poor reading comprehension.

Forkball

For the teaser image, it looks like the horns are coming out of the Pyro's eyes.

wFroe.jpg

Someone said a theory where you would turn into some special superpowered devil character ala the Saxton Hale mod.

Also, modders are releasing Night of the Living Update over the past few days. Some stuff is lame, but the Engy, Medic, and Mystery Meat sandwich need to be in the game immediately.

Yeef

We're going to be launching some new Halloween content in the near future and wanted to give you all a quick heads-up. There will be random gift drops, but this year we are requiring that participants register their servers. If you choose not to register, you can still run the Halloween maps, but no gifts will drop on your server. By registering, your server will also be included in matchmaking, which will potentially drive traffic to you. Note that cheating or otherwise abusing the gift drop system will result in losing your registration, access to gift drops and other potential value-adds in the future.

You still have plenty of time, as this change won't be going live until next week. Registration is quick and simple, and is outlined here<https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2825-AFGJ-3513#how>.

-Jon

Do you guys want gift drop or not? Keep in mind that the gift drops made Javaman quit TF2 forever last year.

Personally, I want to avoid adding the server to matchmaking, but if enough people want it, we can enable it temporarily for the Halloween event.

Yeef said:
Do you guys want gift drop or not? Keep in mind that the gift drops made Javaman quit TF2 forever last year.

Personally, I want to avoid adding the server to matchmaking, but if enough people want it, we can enable it temporarily for the Halloween event.

The only problem I had with last year was when we played Mann Manor for entire days at a time. As long as we don't get stuck on one shitty map for the entire event, I don't give a shit.

Yeef said:

I don't see why you shouldn't. Random people tend to join the server already when it's empty.

Forkball

Can we at least see what the gift drops are? If it's the paper bags again then no thanks.

Also seriously, gift dropping AGAIN? WHERE'S RAID MODE?

Sianos

pretty please don't add gift drops yeef

hmmm i wonder if there'll be any of those wacky gift drops this year

go to bed, quote

Yeef

Professor Beef said:
I don't see why you shouldn't. Random people tend to join the server already when it's empty.
There are several reasons I don't want to be in the matchmaking pool:
  • We already get enough people having to wait for a spot without randoms joining.
  • We'd have to turn damage spread back on.
  • Random players playing during the day could mess up the stats.

After doing a little research it looks like there's a cvar to disable quickplay, so I could probably set that so that matchmaking is only enabled for the halloween maps.

[EDIT]
NSQuote said:
Please don't, Yeef. Don't let the curse reach our fair Jank! If people want their one ref hat they can go to one of the other thousand 24/7 Mann Manor servers.

Really hoping they don't have gift drops again this year. That Pyro thing looks interesting: could be some kind of Vs. Saxton Hale mode or the first Raid Mode boss.
You should really only post when you're awake, so that you can read things more clearly.

Exuro

Crap so there's going to be random gifts dropping on the new map? I really didn't like that last year in mann manor.

zulfate

Pandoracell said:
I verified the cache files and that didn't fix the issue. I'll try a defrag, though i'm at 0% fragmentation and I don't it'll fix the issue anyway.

edit: nope, didn't fix it. I have a totally unplayable game. That's cool.

it takes awhile to defrag but that fixed my problem....sorry if that didnt help, it did for me

In fact, just tell anyone who wants to farm shit on Mann Manor -or whatever it is this year - to get the fuck to another server and kill themselves.

Maybe killing themselves is too much. BUT I WILL NOT BACK DOWN.

Forkball

Yeef said:
  • We already get enough people having to wait for a spot without randoms joining.

After doing a little research it looks like there's a cvar to disable quickplay, so I could probably set that so that matchmaking is only enabled for the halloween maps.

[EDIT]You should really only post when you're awake, so that you can read things more clearly.
Fuck it then. There will be plenty of servers running the map 24/7. We should still play it but I'm not going to miss the gift dropping.

Sianos

Yeef said:

[EDIT]You should really only post when you're awake, so that you can read things more clearly.
*reads post*

*reads post again*

*reads post once more*

geez quote how did you miss that

I still say no, there'll be enough 24/7 not-Mann Manor servers camping for not-one ref hats. Plus, we'd have to disable damage spread as well, which I'm not too keen on.

Tenck

I've been awake for 24 hours already :/

Had to leave because I've been doing horrible throughout the whole damn day. Tomorrow, I will get you all for killing me today!!

*shakes fist*

Yeef

Well, false alarm:

There seems to be some confusion as to the differences between registering your server and enabling quickplay.

Your server must be registered to enable quickplay.
You don't have to enable quickplay if you register (use tf_server_identity_disable_quickplay 1)

So, in order to participate in the event, you must be registered, but yo do not have to have quickplay enabled.

Hope this clears things up,
Jeff

Yeef

Damage spread makes your hits randomly do up to 15% more or less damage than normal. It's off because that's stupid.

Random crits are also stupid, but they create enough hilarity and frustration to be fun. Damage spread does not.

Blizzard

Banned
TF2 always takes forever to connect to the GAF server for the first time, but lately it seems to take even longer, like a minute or two. Has anyone else noticed anything?

Top Bottom