• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

EmCeeGramr said:
i namedropped it in the trading thread but just gonna mention it here

tf2 warehouse is crazy

it's automated trading bots on a system based on credits and trading in your old items and shit and picking stuff from a "store" for a bot to contact you via steam trade to redeem them

it's not for finding everything, but it's great for picking up random weapons and stranges
Yeah, that seems like a great way to unload unwanted stranges and paints. Will be nice for rounding out my weapon collection.

All we need now is an app that let's you manage trades and idlers from your phone, haha.

After the last patch I haven't had any crashes in the hour I played, hope they iron out all the kinks by the time I get back.

This cp coldfront is amazing, and I'll finally be able to catch up on sleep! See you all (on the server) some time Sunday, should be awake for once.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:

tf2 warehouse is crazy

it's automated trading bots on a system based on credits and trading in your old items and shit and picking stuff from a "store" for a bot to contact you via steam trade to redeem them

it's not for finding everything, but it's great for picking up random weapons and stranges
I saw this a couple days ago. I'm gonna have to get in touch with the guys behind it and see if they'd be willing to release a copy of the bot. It could be very useful for me.

Clydefrog

So glad the crashes are done with. Whoever fixed it deserves a raise at Valve (unless he/she caused it in the first place)!

and I don't know what to do with acerac's crates

Clydefrog said:
So glad the crashes are done with. Whoever fixed it deserves a raise at Valve (unless he/she caused it in the first place)!

Want more? My friend gave me all of his and now they are plaguing my backpack :(

Sanic

zulfate said:
I had this issue too, i found a fix by going to steam library right click on tf2 then go to properties fix the chache and or also defragment it...and it fix the issue

sorry for bad writing, in hurry since im doing this at work and i am not suppose to be on lol

I verified the cache files and that didn't fix the issue. I'll try a defrag, though i'm at 0% fragmentation and I don't it'll fix the issue anyway.

edit: nope, didn't fix it. I have a totally unplayable game. That's cool.

Proven

EmCeeGramr said:

tf2 warehouse is crazy

You just helped me get a Grenadier's Softcap and soon a Milkman Cap. This is great for completing item sets.

And a Reggaelator!

The only thing left is to do the math and figure out the differences between selling refinedes vs. selling single items.

Yeef

Proven said:
You just helped me get a Grenadier's Softcap and soon a Milkman Cap. This is great for completing item sets.

And a Reggaelator!

The only thing left is to do the math and figure out the differences between selling refinedes vs. selling single items.
It's just beta right now. Eventually they plan on having dynamic pricing based on how many of a particular item they have in stock.

Sianos

One odd thing is that a refined is currently worth ~4 reclaimed.

Dynamic prices will be neat as well: you can buy common hats for cheap and people would be encouraged to sell rarer ones.

A simply brilliant idea.

Proven

Zomba13 said:
That tf2 warehouse doesn't work with me. I click the trade button and wait but nothing happens.
It's buggy. After I got stuff to sell, I had to wait an hour (I had work anyway) before I came and stuff started working again.

Sanic

Pandoracell said:
I verified the cache files and that didn't fix the issue. I'll try a defrag, though i'm at 0% fragmentation and I don't it'll fix the issue anyway.

edit: nope, didn't fix it. I have a totally unplayable game. That's cool.

For those wondering, I found a solution to this: remove all items from all classes.

Zomba13

Managed to get the TF2 warehouse thing working. Offloaded my strange junk and got like 25k in credits, turned 9k of them in for a genuine Righteous Bison. Notice someone traded in a service medal. It's like 350k credits though.

Clydefrog said:

Lucky you guys, I get to join a server for a whole 3 seconds before my client crashes. Attempting to verify game files now.

edit: Did nothing. Still crashes at character select screen. Defrag time?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
XeroSauce said:
That TF2 warehouse sounds fantastic. Gotta try that when I get home.

Just make sure you check how many points the bot offers, it tried to rip me off. =p

Sciz

Togglesworlh said:
Is this thing... allowed? On Valve's terms? Seems neat but yeah. X:
If history is any indication, it'll probably get them a job and we'll see a global auction interface in the game within a year.

Sgt.Pepper said:
How do you get those Halloween masks? I played for like 2 hours in a 24/7 manor event, but never got anything.
When the notification pops about a Halloween Gift, you have look for it and pick it up.

Exuro

Sgt.Pepper said:
How do you get those Halloween masks? I played for like 2 hours in a 24/7 manor event, but never got anything.
They're only possible while the halloween event is going on no? Is this going on now? Last year they would pop up as a present on the map and you have to find it before everyone else. Then you would get a present item and openning it would give you one of the 9 masks.

Acerac

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
Sgt Pepper and I were playing on Mann manor and they are doing it again.
Very interesting. I'd totally start working on those if it didn't involve playing on Mann Manor.

Is there any guide as to where the presents commonly pop up?

Exuro said:
They're only possible while the halloween event is going on no? Is this going on now? Last year they would pop up as a present on the map and you have to find it before everyone else. Then you would get a present item and openning it would give you one of the 9 masks.
Yes, it is going on.

SteveWinwood said:
You can't get them anymore at all.
In the server I was playing a bunch of people were getting them. Cloudius was there.

Grimm Fandango said:
People were getting masks or were some admins just trolling by putting up messages?
People did indeed get the mask. Saw the notification someone found a Sniper Mask.

Looks like another month of Mann Manor 24/7

Sianos

I really hope they don't have a similar event this year, or else every server will be playing the same map while everyone just camps out at the gift spawn points.

All that for a hat worth one ref.

Tenck

I only got one hat last year, and that was the Spy one. All I need for now!

Can I only use it on the 31st of October?

As in people will see it.

Acerac

Banned
NSQuote said:
I really hope they don't have a similar event this year, or else every server will be playing the same map while everyone just camps out at the gift spawn points.

All that for a hat worth one ref.
This is my first Halloween in TF2 and I can immediately see why this is horrible.

Tenck

NSQuote said:
I rarely play on other servers anyways, haha.

And I already have the best Halloween hat! :D

I only played like on 4 servers since I joined the Gaf one. None of them have as much charm!!

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
Or available backs to stab, right?

You keep pocketing me while I whip out the Enforcer, and your back shall be backstab-free!

Edit: Speaking of the Enforcer, I played on my 4th server last night. I was up against a Spy with the Enforcer, and I was like "This dick, killing me with the Enforcer!"

Then I chuckled because that's the fun way to play Spy :D

Sianos

Tenck said:
I only played like on 4 servers since I joined the Gaf one. None of them have as much charm!!
Yeah, only one other server I seriously play on waiting for the Jank to start up, and it still has half the charm!

I'm still annoyed that they nerfed the Shortstop but not the Enforcer. That makes no sense!

Sibylus

Banned
Clydefrog said:

I now have crashes where before I had none ;_;

Damn class selection screen!

Top Bottom