• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

mrgone

Don't there have to be 10 players in a server for gifts to drop? :eek:

I'm tempted to do this now, too. I put like 20 hours into halloween week last year and only got the pumpkin head :( Mask rage!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just have the main account host the server (You know, click the plus sign, select map), change the map time limit (Something like mp_timelimit 600) and set the idle map time to the same as the map time (something like mp_idlemaxtime 600)

Then, launch the idle accounts in text mode, right click the individual steam icons, goto the server browser, local games, and connect, and they will connect to the server. Once you geto 10 players connected to the server, you should start spawning gifts every 5 minutes. The others can just be left as spectators, and you can simply do no clip to get around better.

Drkirby said:
Just have the main account host the server (You know, click the plus sign, select map), change the map time limit (Something like mp_timelimit 600) and set the idle map time to the same as the map time (something like mp_idlemaxtime 600)

Then, launch the idle accounts in text mode, right click the individual steam icons, goto the server browser, local games, and connect, and they will connect to the server. Once you geto 10 players connected to the server, you should start spawning gifts every 5 minutes. The others can just be left as spectators, and you can simply do no clip to get around better.
0_o 10 idlers

Website says Short Circuit is worth 500 credits but the bot only offered me 400 credits. Fuck that man.

edit: oh wait, there's always that 20% factor? Damn it.

Grimm Fandango said:
Website says Short Circuit is worth 500 credits but the bot only offered me 400 credits. Fuck that man.
If you sell a Short Circuit, you will get 400 credits.

If you want to buy it back, it will cost you 500 credits.

You don't buy it for what they sell it for. It's a service.

Tenck said:
Let's all combine our stuff for the unusual safe n sound
First thing I thought of:

bKjtw.png

Professor Beef said:
First thing I thought of:

pic
bah...that thing is ugly as sin.

glad i got to unload a bunch of strange shit for a few creds but I see me cashing these out and not using them very often xept for more stuff i cant unload elsewhere

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
Yes. Also, Clydefrog will fall out, and I will have to choose between pulling him up and saving the Safe and Sound.

Well I never really liked him anyways....

I kid Clyde :D

Tenck

I only see one thing I want on there. So I only need 250 more points :D

Edit: Is there any strange melee demo weapons? Just saw a strange targin charge :eek:

Want to pair that up with a strange melee weapon.

Tenck

Oh for fucks sake why the hell can't I take more than 2 fucking minutes to trade with tf2warehouse?

Edit: Completed trade #4ea351e76edcad1d070000aa. Added 57080 credits to your account.

:D

Tenck said:
Oh for fucks sake why the hell can't I take more than 2 fucking minutes to trade with tf2warehouse?

Edit: Completed trade #4ea351e76edcad1d070000aa. Added 57080 credits to your account.

6 more times and you can get that safe n sound!

Anilusion

So my idle accounts keep validating files, and when they are complete the "Steam servers are too busy to handle your request". I run TF2 again and the loop repeats. What do?

Forkball said:
It looks like he dies before the arrow ever hits him. Don't take credit for other people's successes.
It probably was the arrow, but shitty lag compensation and shitty hit reg means he can basically miss by twenty feet and still get a headshot.

Tenck

Anyone have any success with the Excess items TF2WH sells? I want to buy it for more credit but doubt I'd make a profit.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Togglesworlh said:
It probably was the arrow, but shitty lag compensation and shitty hit reg means he can basically miss by twenty feet and still get a headshot.

lag comp happens regardless of the weapon being used.

Yeef

SteveWinwood said:
No chance of bad hats entering the pool. Steam Trade.
I'm more interested from a technical standpoint. It'll probably be a lot of work, but I could probably whip something similar up if it uses steam trade. But, if it's a lot of work i probably won't do it, because I'm already too busy as it is!

Iadien said:
lag comp happens regardless of the weapon being used.
Nope! Projectiles aren't lag compensated. Hitscan weapons are.

Projectiles also use a crappy player hull that basically makes all classes the same size. Also, since player hulls don't rotate, depending on your orientation in relation to the map grid you can have extra long reach.

Melee is hitscan, but uses the player hull to determine hits. So it is both lag compensated and can give you extra long reach, plus all players are the same size which is why it is bullshit.

[EDIT]
Togglesworlh said:
You can use the number keys, but don't mouse over the classes.
It's an issue with certain items being displayed on the class select screen. When you press the numbers it never loads the preview, so you're good to go. pretty sure that was fixed in one of the 90 patches though, not sure why you'd still be getting it.

Top Bottom