• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Borgnine said:
Y4V0E.jpg
Critnine.

Proven

I was going to suggest just having it open to matchmaking from 3AM to 8PM and then GAFfers only during other times, but it looks like we've found a happy solution while I was riding home.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Curse you game. I play for 10 minutes and I find a hat, the stupid demo fro, which i already have.

Why does the game never drop stuff you want :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
evlcookie said:
Curse you game. I play for 10 minutes and I find a hat, the stupid demo fro, which i already have.

Why does the game never drop stuff you want :(
You should give the Demo Fro to me because you love me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
I got a German Gonzilla as a drop in my idle account. Thank you hat gods.
Got a batter helmet, and with the magic of that TF2WH site, I got a few new strange weapons for the Masks I have been farming. Just got all my idle accounts to connect to a single server of mann manor, watch some TV shows, and every 5 minutes pick up the box.

Got the Strange Medi Gun, Strange Sniper Rifle, Strange Axtinguisher, and Strange Conniver's Kunia for 28 masks, and still have 2k points.

yeoz

Drkirby said:
Got a batter helmet, and with the magic of that TF2WH site, I got a few new strange weapons for the Masks I have been farming. Just got all my idle accounts to connect to a single server of mann manor, watch some TV shows, and every 5 minutes pick up the box.

Got the Strange Medi Gun, Strange Sniper Rifle, Strange Axtinguisher, and Strange Conniver's Kunia for 28 masks, and still have 2k points.
Holy shit I should be doing this too

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The only thing I somewhat look back on, is if it was a good idea to get the weapons instead of some of the Polycount hats. Oh well.

Oh yeah, that TF2WH has a decent way to make some cheap points during its busy hours. See, Refined Metal is worth 4500 to trade in and take, while less popular weapons are worth 200 points. Since the bots have no way to craft, it is to encourage people to take the the less wanted weapons and craft them instead.

Sadly, the thing right now only lets you receive 2 items per transaction. So, it could take a while.

Chinner

Banned
at the moe i'm just stocking up on items instead of crafting. last halloween we had the hhhh which required the skullcutter, so might be best just keeping everything SINGULAR at the moment.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think it is steam more so then the bots, though there are times the bots will say "Trade timed out" just as the trade finally loaded.

gotee12

Yeah, I just got it to work again (only trying about 5 items at a time). It worked once more but then started failing me again. I just want that Prancer's Pride! lol

I wonder if the warehouse is going to put all of those scrapbankers out of business.

Also, if this thing catches on, warehouse credits are going to become a bizarre alternate currency. Since the system won't let you buy an item unless you've already banked credits with them (i.e., you can't buy and sell in the same transaction), you're going to end up with having a bunch of your assets locked in credits (which fluctuate wildly based on the whims and current stock of the warehouse) versus metal (which at this point is a fairly stable currency, even if the value of individual items fluctuate over time).

What's remarkable about the system is that refined metal is given full value, but reclaimed and scrap metal aren't. You lose a lot if you trade in any metal other than refined. You also can't buy keys (I guess they just take any keys that you sell for themselves), and they buy them at the cost of 1 2 refined.

I wonder what kind of a profit these guys are making?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Their buying price for key's isn't that great.

Also, I am surprised they offer 30kish points for a Vintage Wiskered Gentleman.

Personally, I was thinking of a very slimier idea a few days ago, except a bit more modeled after an actual stock exchange, so you could place buy and sell orders.

Chinner said:
whats the idea behind scrapbanking anyway?

Buy weapons at 2-for-a-scrap, sell them at 1-for-a-scrap.

They provide a valuable service if you've got a bunch of leftovers from idling and you want the scrap right away. If this warehouse catches on, they'll probably be put out of business because I'll just dump my spares into the warehouse and let the credits build up to some random Strange over time.

Of course, they need to fix the bugs in their trade bots first. They seemed to work well last night, but I can't get any trades to work now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Do you guys want gift drop or not? Keep in mind that the gift drops made Javaman quit TF2 forever last year.

Personally, I want to avoid adding the server to matchmaking, but if enough people want it, we can enable it temporarily for the Halloween event.
There was clarification added:
A minor clarification later on:
There seems to be some confusion as to the differences between registering your server and enabling quickplay.
Your server must be registered to enable quickplay.
You don't have to enable quickplay if you register (use tf_server_identity_disable_quickplay 1)
So, in order to participate in the event, you must be registered, but yo do not have to have quickplay enabled.
Hope this clears things up, Jeff

Not the end of the world if we don't opt in, but it would be nice if we could have a single "Gift Farming Night" on like a Tuesday, and have the gifts drop normally when we play the map (It could be good!).

Plus, if Valve wants you to register for this now, they will likely want registration for other things in the future, so I say get it out of the way now.

Edit: Wait, you already posted that. Yeah, do what is needed.

SteveWinwood said:
Okay lets try this warehouse thing.
was gnna PM you....they get just about all the masks and the saxton for reasonable (bout scrap an a half each) ..alot of refreshing

hard as a motherfukr to get a trade in though

JackFrost said:
was gnna PM you....they get just about all the masks and the saxton for reasonable (bout scrap an a half each) ..alot of refreshing

hard as a motherfukr to get a trade in though
I was just going to use it to offload some stranges. Now that the masks drop again, hopefully I can fill out what I have left without going through this. If not, it'll still make it easier I 'spose.

SteveWinwood said:
I was just going to use it to offload some stranges. Now that the masks drop again, hopefully I can fill out what I have left without going through this. If not, it'll still make it easier I 'spose.

thats exactly what i did....didnt make out to bad. The semi hassle-free process of getting rid of shit is extremely nice

EDIT:whoever just stole the objector for like 2scrap can sukit....i know it was one of you guys!!!

I like how it tells me where in the queue I am. That's really nice.

This whole thing seems really well done so far. Oh its made by people who have made things for other gaming communities as well. That makes sense.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The queue isn't that accurate though, in that you will often get a bot to sell to pretty quickly. Buying can take longer though.

The thing works pretty good as long as the Steam Trading doesn't act up.

JackFrost said:
thats exactly what i did....didnt make out to bad. The semi hassle-free process of getting rid of shit is extremely nice

EDIT:whoever just stole the objector for like 2scrap can sukit....i know it was one of you guys!!!
Actually, it wasn't. Even at 5AM, it was hard to get a good deal quickly.

Drkirby said:
The queue isn't that accurate though, in that you will often get a bot to sell to pretty quickly. Buying can take longer though.

As soon as I read this, the thing friends me when I'm at like 80 in the queue. I put in what I want to sell and some other shit to see how much points its worth (holy shit at maxs head) and then I hit the trade button with 2 stranges that I'm happy with the values for...

There has been an error no items were exchanged. Oh cool.

Drkirby said:

Actually, it wasn't. Even at 5AM, it was hard to get a good deal quickly.

Im checking your BP...i know it was you.

actually a good thief would of offloaded it already so its probably gone already.

yeah steve...i had to retry like 4 times, but eventually got it...they need to extend the timer a smidge as well.

also noticed they give less then 1/2 scrap for some generic weapons like the sandvich

Zomba13

Does anyone remember the name of that website that had all those funny TF2 item names and descriptions? I've tried googling but cam up empty.

Zomba13

I'm happy I managed to get a Genuine Anger and a strange degreaser off there earlier. I reserved them and it wouldn't let me trade for like, nearly and hour and then they disappeared from the list and it said I only had 1 item reserved. It finally got my trade request thing through and added me and I got them both. :D

Tenck

Zomba13 said:
I'm happy I managed to get a Genuine Anger and a strange degreaser off there earlier. I reserved them and it wouldn't let me trade for like, nearly and hour and then they disappeared from the list and it said I only had 1 item reserved. It finally got my trade request thing through and added me and I got them both. :D

How much is the Genuine Anger going for? I have one and don't use it much.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Drkirby said:

How do u get ur idles to connect to a single mann manor server?

Top Bottom