• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

That's it I'm going to try to get a Maul. I'm going to waste the shit out of some pryo class tokens and some melee pyro tokens. Anyone want to donate to the SteveWinwood needs your worthless axetingushers fund?

Yeef said:
[EDIT]It's an issue with certain items being displayed on the class select screen. When you press the numbers it never loads the preview, so you're good to go. pretty sure that was fixed in one of the 90 patches though, not sure why you'd still be getting it.
Great now explain my scoreboard crash.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Yeef said:
Nope! Projectiles aren't lag compensated. Hitscan weapons are.

Projectiles also use a crappy player hull that basically makes all classes the same size. Also, since player hulls don't rotate, depending on your orientation in relation to the map grid you can have extra long reach.

Melee is hitscan, but uses the player hull to determine hits. So it is both lag compensated and can give you extra long reach, plus all players are the same size which is why it is bullshit.

yes, but the lag comp still happens, it's just not the projectile compensating in that case.

Yeef

Iadien said:
yes, but the lag comp still happens, it's just not the projectile compensating in that case.
I don't know what you're trying to say. Projectiles (and all weapons that use projectiles) aren't compensated at all. It's why, if you play on a server where you have really bad ping your explosions may appear to hit someone, but don't deal damage. Also, rocket jumping becomes near impossible. Same reason that sometimes, as a Pyro, people can run right through your flames and not ignite.

Yeef said:
I don't know what you're trying to say. Projectiles (and all weapons that use projectiles) aren't compensated at all. It's why, if you play on a server where you have really bad ping your explosions may appear to hit someone, but don't deal damage. Also, rocket jumping becomes near impossible. Same reason that sometimes, as a Pyro, people can run right through your flames and not ignite.
I think players are "lag" compensated as well. Not sure if they a term for that in TF2, Probably just latency on player position on your screen versus actual position.

Tenck

Dr. Pangloss said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558667635404213179/744523620A4F8C3BBB7E8C906C406C5B00CAB35C/ I have an unusual safe'n'sound. Traded a spy one from a crate for it. Did not like planets and phantom of the opera mask. Also, don't play spy.

Did you ever think of me once before you traded it?!?!?!

Edit:
dam the warehouse is slow and sometimes cancel your trade even when I've done nothing wrong :/

Don't jinx it fool! I want to hit the 100K points today!

That's why I am not on the Gaf server right now :eek:

Edit2: Also, that buying the excess weapons from them because they have too much and you can be making a profit is bull shit. If anyone wants to prove me wrong, please do so!

Tenck said:
Don't jinx it fool! I want to hit the 100K points today!

That's why I am not on the Gaf server right now :eek:
I'm just getting any weapon I don't have and ditching this place for good. This is just way too slow.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
whaddaya mean "sometimes"
I know, right? It seems like certain pyros (sixghost, queen of thorns) can ignite me from all the way across the map, then half the time when I play pyro I can be point blank on someone, flame them, and nothing happens.

As always, I'm sure it's Forkball's fault somehow.

i mean i'm only literally colliding with the heavy's back and he's not on fire it must be because the flamethrower nozzle is on the other side of his body yesss that makes sense yes

Yeef

Made one final change to the demos page. Now you can filter by map name and HLStats ID.

Map name, like player name, allows partial matches, so 'ad' will find badwater, badlands, viaduct, etc.

ID is just your stats page ID. You can get it on your stats page from the URL. For example, my id is 45: http://tf2.gafserver.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=45

Using both id and name at the same time will just find all games where either was playing, not necessarily both together.

http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/

Tenck

So happy TF2 crashes my laptop so much. Thanks Valve, for such a complete game! Your handling of bugs thus far since the Man Co. Store is top notch.

I wish others games did this, but I haven't had other games crash on me. I am seriously disappointed in their lack of breaking their game and could learn a few things from you.

Tenck said:
So happy TF2 crashes my laptop so much. Thanks Valve, for such a complete game! Your handling of bugs thus far since the Man Co. Store is top notch.

I wish others games did this, but I haven't had other games crash on me. I am seriously disappointed in their lack of breaking their game and could learn a few things from you.
Maybe $5 would help Valve speed things up...

I was sooooooo TIRED and ACHY from working tonight

"Hmm... I'll just pop in TF2 for a bit..."

3 hours later...

"ARGH! SO CLOSE TO 1 MILLION FIRE DAMAGE!"

But for some reason the counter froze at 997297 for 2 maps, so I forced myself to stop playing D:

GGs! Was nice not to suffer from a single crash tonight, but it looks as though others weren't so fortunate :(

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
Not generous enough, obviously!

My game wont start at all now. I've been generous enough. I spent over $50 in the store, and even though some might say that's stupid, I only do it to support Valve and it's fans.

I feel like taking a break for a while might be my best option, since my patience is at an all-time low.

Finally a damn hat drop tonight.

nirjy.jpg

Relax.MX

Good to back to TF2...feel good

PD: one drop this night...my 4 hat drop(two scouts, one pyro and one sniper...and deus specs i guess is something similar to a hat drop)

Baseball Bill's Sports Shine

Backpack_Baseball_Bill%27s_Sports_Shine.png

Yeef

SteveWinwood said:
From related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy5pcC9Bcw

I think we should trust this guy with the future of tf2.

Another Work From Photoshop With the Help of Boredom. These weapons are and will never be in Team Fortress 2 or 1 or whatever. i just made them cus i found these thing to make your custom TF2 items so i made some. hope you like them

UPDATE 07/01/2011: Due to incredible ingnorance on comments and the amount of dislikes the Comments and rating have been blocked.
Great Job Idiots. next time show some appreciation to the work which i did when i was "BORED" when i did it, some people just dont know how to read goddammed descriptions.

UPDATE 26/09/2011: Title has been changed from "TF2 Homemade Weapons" to :TF2 Weapon Ideas. Comments and ratings have been re-activated.

UPDATE 21/10/2011:
Due to my email inbox being filled up, comments are again disabled.

Top Bottom