• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Clydefrog

Dreams-Visions said:
TF2 or club TF2 or club TF2 or club....

i'm going to a birthday party in 30 mins followed by dive bar action

I INTRODUCED TF2 TO THE PERSON'S WHO'S BIRTHDAY IT IS TONIGHT!

omg i should buy him a hat.

derFeef

I got that "item for everyone on the server" thingy... Now to think of a good reason/time/event to activate that. hm!

vehn

Forkball said:
No, if you purchase anything on a free account, you are automatically updated. The 50 cent figure comes from the fact that the cheapest item in the store is 50 cents.

I can't seem to find anything under 99 cents in the store. What's 50 cents in the store?

yeoz

Hey guys, any thoughts on running a 6v6 tourney with gaffers just for fun and shits and giggles?
I have no idea how teams could be formed or even possibly be remotely balanced (i blame wartime), but, it might be fun?
All the other OT threads have competitions and tourneys and stuff. Why don't we?

vehn

yeoz said:
Rocket Jumper / Sticky Jumper

thanks!

edit: urgh, I still can't figure this out. So if I want to make an alt account, do I need to get my main to gift a 50 cent steam game or mann co item? I'm looking at the steam store and dont see any 50 cent items, and there also isn't any 50 cent items in the mann co store that you can trade.

Then I think I'm supposed to buy 2 keys to make it a premium account, as $5 is the minimum to put in the steam wallet

TheBez

yeoz said:
Hey guys, any thoughts on running a 6v6 tourney with gaffers just for fun and shits and giggles?
I have no idea how teams could be formed or even possibly be remotely balanced (i blame wartime), but, it might be fun?
All the other OT threads have competitions and tourneys and stuff. Why don't we?
That sounds fun. I'd like to try highlander as well if we could organize that as well.

yeoz

vehn said:
thanks!

edit: urgh, I still can't figure this out. So if I want to make an alt account, do I need to get my main to gift a 50 cent steam game or mann co item? I'm looking at the steam store and dont see any 50 cent items, and there also isn't any 50 cent items in the mann co store that you can trade.

Then I think I'm supposed to buy 2 keys to make it a premium account, as $5 is the minimum to put in the steam wallet
Add $5 to the wallet of your alt account. use 50 cents to buy a rocket jumper. keep the remaining $4.50 and the next time you want a steam game, use that alt account to gift a game to your main account (paying the difference if necessary.)

To upgrade a f2p account to premium, that account needs to be the one doing the in-game purchase.

JackEtc

Holy fuck, whenever I play with you guys, I feel like I am the WORST Team Fortress 2 player in the history of life. I can't play my main because you all seem to see right through disguises and are totally spy-proof, and when I try to play Pyro, I constantly am out Pyro'd.

Maybe I should just stick to Valve servers forever =\

yeoz

JackEtc said:
You'll never improve if you do that. Getting used to playing against weaker players is bad. You stick with your proven strategies against them, and you'll never learn anything.

Damn, my framerate plummeted tonight. Harvest and Viaduct were slideshows where one second I'm fine and then the next, Heavy or minisentry has killed me. (oh wait that's the regular game because people playing tf2 have no skill and rely on those classes)

JackEtc said:
Holy fuck, whenever I play with you guys, I feel like I am the WORST Team Fortress 2 player in the history of life. I can't play my main because you all seem to see right through disguises and are totally spy-proof, and when I try to play Pyro, I constantly am out Pyro'd.

That's because GAF server has communication, not matter what Kuro might say, unlike Valve server or many other pubs. If you are going to play Spy in Janky-Ass, stick with Dead Ringer/Timewatch, don't bother with YER and change your disguises to less conventional (Heavy, Soldier).

Also, don't go through ways that always have a lot of people.

EmCeeGramr said:
Damn, my framerate plummeted tonight. Harvest and Viaduct were slideshows where one second I'm fine and then the next, Heavy or minisentry has killed me. (oh wait that's the regular game because people playing tf2 have no skill and rely on those classes)

lol

Acerac

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
How else will we match wits with such amazing players such as yourself? ;)

ZOw7P.jpg

Yeef

My framerate was janky on some maps tonight too. particularly Doublecross. It's odd because it'd be fine when i was spectating people in deadcam, but then when i was alive it'd just go to sthit.

Also, hit detection was REALLY bad tonight. Tons of time I'd shoot someone and it wouldn't register for like a half second. It was most noticeable on badwater. Curiously enough, the server crashed right after badwater, so I'm guessing it's a server-side issue.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
yeoz said:
Wartime wouldn't have it easy if artistdude and boonoo were scouts. Pub stomping isn't a measure of skill.

That said, you'd need to on comp mode on or people will join and shit on everything.

And stop jumping as scout! :/

yeoz said:
What would I play? I'm a terribad Soldier and Demo, fucking flat awful Scout and playing Medic everyone is on my ass.

Comp is not for me. D=

Yeef

I find highlander much more interesting than 6v6, personally. So many times I've been tempted to enable it, but limiting I'd feel bad limiting the server to 18.

As a tangent to that, I've been thinking about setting up the SourceTV bot on the server. That way, even when the server is full people could watch the game and/or download full-match demos. I'm not sure if our current host even supports SourceTV, but I'm curious to see how many people would be interested in that.

Yeef said:
I find highlander much more interesting than 6v6, personally. So many times I've been tempted to enable it, but limiting I'd feel bad limiting the server to 18.

As a tangent to that, I've been thinking about setting up the SourceTV bot on the server. That way, even when the server is full people could watch the game and/or download full-match demos. I'm not sure if our current host even supports SourceTV, but I'm curious to see how many people would be interested in that.
You could watch it while waiting for a space right?

yeoz said:
This would be awesome but yeah, no idea how we'd form teams and how a tourney would be set up.

I mean, getting 12 players would be super easy, 24 a piece of cake, but anything above that and you'd have organization problems (and that's not even taking into consideration substitutes if a team doesn't have all its members ready in time).

commissar

So I was given an "Original" rocket launcher today.

I am pretty damn impressed!

though that and the liberty launcher and the reserve shooter all sound terrible in TF2, the shift to the middle makes..all the diff-erence in the woorld.

Yeef, Source TV sounds like it could be fun :)
though if the server is somewhat janky as it is...

Thorndyke

Neo Member
So I was given the quake launcher by Commissar Bacon today as temporary trade. I, too, like it .
Might have to accidently 'delete' bacon from my friends list. And block communication. :>

Bakphoon

The new steam trade beta makes idling in text mode so much easier. Now i dont have to delete the launch options if i want to trade items for my idle account to my main account. :D
(Text idling isnt working with the shortcut method, if i use sandbox. Got a Blackbox, Solemn Vow and a market garedener in my idling account.)

I'm pondering to create a second idling account because of the incident yesterday...
Do you know if some GAFers have giftable copies of TF2? I'm getting 2 keys tomorrow from my brother, because he got Portal and HB3 from me. So i would pay 1 key for each Giftable copy of TF2...

yeoz

Bakphoon said:
The new steam trade beta makes idling in text mode so much easier. Now i dont have to delete the launch options if i want to trade items for my idle account to my main account. :D
(Text idling isnt working with the shortcut method, if i use sandbox. Got a Blackbox, Solemn Vow and a market garedener in my idling account.)

I'm pondering to create a second idling account because of the incident yesterday...
Do you know if some GAFers have giftable copies of TF2? I'm getting 2 keys tomorrow from my brother, because he got Portal and HB3 from me. So i would pay 1 key for each Giftable copy of TF2...
Giftable copies of tf2 are probably rare. Anyone who has them would probably just use it themselves to get an idler :(

moojito

On the subject of idling, has valve come out either way condoning or condemning it? I thought the cheater's lament was given to people who didn't idle.

moojito said:
On the subject of idling, has valve come out either way condoning or condemning it? I thought the cheater's lament was given to people who didn't idle.
Didn't use an external idling program... Different.

Proven

The server isn't full for like 16 hours of each day. If we run a tournament and can't lock down the server during those times, we could always use TF2lobby to find some other server and just stay on it all night.

If my playtime wasn't so inconsistent I would love to join in. I've been getting more of a preference for Highlander over 6v6 as well.

DarkKyo

Pancakes said:
I reflected my first rocket yesterday too.

Felt pretty badass :D.
Your first?? Sweet.. I hope you replayed it.

Yesterday I reflected a sniper's arrow and then went the other way and reflected the rocket cluster from a sentry. That's a good feeling too...

Zomba13

yeoz said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17563997/i_am_a_dirty_idler.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
o.o 133
How?

Don't you 'find' the items that are traded to you when they are traded? Unless you don't with the steam trade thing?

Zomba13 said:
o.o 133
How?

Don't you 'find' the items that are traded to you when they are traded? Unless you don't with the steam trade thing?

I'm guessing the new beta trading system. I don't think there is a trading limit unlike 8.

Bakphoon

Zomba13 said:
o.o 133
How?

Yep, steam trade works this way... did a comparable thing earlier today (but MUCH less items)

Edit: Is Bills for 2 giftable TF2 copies a good trade? (I give the bills)

Edit2: the trade would be done in steam trade beta. Also i will have to contact the trader first, so i dont have to hurry :)

Blizzard

Banned
Bakphoon said:
Yep, steam trade works this way... did a comparable thing earlier today (but MUCH less items)

Edit: Is Bills for 2 giftable TF2 copies a good trade? (I give the bills)

Edit2: the trade would be done in steam trade beta. Also i will have to contact the trader first, so i dont have to hurry :)
Well a giftable copy is presumably worth $5 since that's the minimum wallet amount it takes to make the free version go premium.

Bill's Hat is worth $8-10 according to this Steam thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2048353

So I guess it'd be about even, but I'd honestly keep the hat since I think it looks cooler. Whatever floats your boat. Someone else correct me on the value if I'm wrong, please.

AcciDante

Blizzard said:
Well a giftable copy is presumably worth $5 since that's the minimum wallet amount it takes to make the free version go premium.

Bill's Hat is worth $8-10 according to this Steam thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2048353

So I guess it'd be about even, but I'd honestly keep the hat since I think it looks cooler. Whatever floats your boat. Someone else correct me on the value if I'm wrong, please.
That's right. It fluctuates, but buds seem to be holding at $18 and Bill's is 1/2 a buds.

Top Bottom