• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

AcciDante

EmCeeGramr said:
Yeef make the following changes to the server:

-Make it so Goldrush, Dustbowl, and Thunder Mountain cannot be played in the same 5 hour period as one another
-Disable Gunslinger on KOTH servers
-Disable Engineer on Hightower and CTF maps
-Disable Heavy permanently on the server forever
-Disable dead ringer

Yeef

Pfft.

Obviously what we should do is limit everyone to spy, turn mirror friendly fire on and only allow players to disguise as enemy spies.

Then everyone spawns in a random location on the map.

Also, Dustbowl is the worst map.

Yeef said:
Pfft.

Obviously what we should do is limit everyone to spy, turn mirror friendly fire on and only allow players to disguise as enemy spies.

Also, Dustbowl is the worst map.

That actually sounds like a pretty fun mode. Well it would be fun for a few seconds at least.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
A vanilla weekend in general sounds kinda fun.

so i been under a rock for a month but,

Valve hired Drunken f00l? Guy makes 3rd party exploit program which gets a lot of people branded a cheater for life on tf2 + gets a vac ban on his account for exploiting the golden wrench drops = Job at Valve.

must be one of those things like when security firms hire notorious hackers to work for them. Also no wonder the sourceop servers run like fucking shit now.

Dug

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
so i been under a rock for a month but,

Valve hired Drunken f00l? Guy makes 3rd party exploit program which gets a lot of people branded a cheater for life on tf2 + gets a vac ban on his account for exploiting the golden wrench drops = Job at Valve.

must be one of those things like when security firms hire notorious hackers to work for them. Also no wonder the sourceop servers run like fucking shit now.
If you can't beat them, hire 'em!

Something like that...

Blizzard

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
How the hell that demo didn't notice his teammates disappearing? That wasn't Janky-Ass, I assume.
That was earlier tonight on janky-ass, yes. There were lots of iffy games in all regards. Most of the time I was doing nothing useful as spy but I was playing it to relax and be silly.

Clydefrog

look at these smug bastards conversing

"oh how you doing?"
"fine, just have an arrow in my head. no big deal."
CcqiH.jpg

moojito

10 items from my maiden idle! No hats, but more than enough duplicate weapons to finish off my 2 refined. I take it it's only worth doing that once a week if you only have the one account?

moojito said:
10 items from my maiden idle! No hats, but more than enough duplicate weapons to finish off my 2 refined. I take it it's only worth doing that once a week if you only have the one account?
you can only do it once a week as the item drop cap hits after 10-12 hours of idling per account.

and to answer your previous questions:
you wont get banned. but you wont end with a ton of hats either, Trust me. lol

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system
read that if you have any questions about the Item Drop System.

Kuro Madoushi said:
christ valve servers are full of dumbasses :p

3 spies and 3 snipers running around with smg
smg 2pro

I always get excited when I see the "YOU GOT AN ITEM" screen only to be immediately crestfallen when I see it's a Soldier item. :|

ZombieSupaStar said:

Supposedly it wasn't exploiting the Golden Wrench drop schedule that got him banned (to be fair, that was pretty shitty of Valve, "it's random" turned out to be "it's predetermined that you can't possibly get one until at least this time"). The thing that officially got him banned was his script that crafted reclaimed metal and then smelted it as fast as possible, over and over, since that counted as valid crafting at that point. Still kind of makes your point, but at the same time, it wasn't exactly hacking or anything, it was a script to do something over and over really fast.

And the idler program was him trying to make the best out of the really lazy, awkward way they implemented item drops. It was Valve's choice to pull the "halo" crap without warning anybody ahead of time, after they let it go on for months. They had to have known about it for a while, and instead of saying on the blog, "Hey, cut it out." they made their little snarky move, creating stupid drama that didn't need to happen.

I love the Cow Mangler. Too bad whenever I kill someone with a fully charged shot from it, I'm usually hiding behind a wall reloading, so I don't get to see the death animation...

Yeef said:
Pfft.

If only spies could also disguise as friendly spies, too... although I realize why they don't allow it though (you are already a friendly spy).

XeroSauce

moojito said:
I'm not sure what you're getting at. You are, I imagine someone familiar with the game, going onto a server with a bunch of new players, beating them handily and... calling the situation bad? I agree it is bad, but probably not for the same reason you do.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm constantly trying to get my team to move themselves up to the point. I'm constantly trying to get our engineers to not just build at the spawn. I finally got that one Engineer to move his sentry up to the top of the cliff and he managed to defend pretty nicely, but I had basically take care of the whole team myself.

And it's not even like I'm trying to run around and get kills to feel better. I want to help F2P players, I always sign up for coaching and what not. People just don't listen. I can't tell you how many times I've given Jarate away to noob Snipers and they still think the SMG in the best gun in the game

XeroSauce said:
That's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm constantly trying to get my team to move themselves up to the point. I'm constantly trying to get our engineers to not just build at the spawn. I finally got that one Engineer to move his sentry up to the top of the cliff and he managed to defend pretty nicely, but I had basically take care of the whole team myself.

And it's not even like I'm trying to run around and get kills to feel better. I want to help F2P players, I always sign up for coaching and what not. People just don't listen. I can't tell you how many times I've given Jarate away to noob Snipers and they still think the SMG in the best gun in the game
JDqxQ.png

Even when I started I thought was a nice auxiliary weapon, dunno how people could think so thing. lol

Yeef

Joined a game sixghost was in and we were battling, then auto scramble and we end up together. Pepper sees us playing and joins. It does not end well (for the other team). Pepper is good with the clutch krtiz.

3F6VH.jpg

We're probably going to hell.

I think the best moment was when Yeef was playing Pyro and I used the Kritz on him at the beginning of Dustbowl stage 2. He went W1+M1, and killed everyone in there.

Blizzard

Banned
Guys, this one time I pubstomped a bunch of people who had never played the game before, and it was awesome. My 1500 hours totally crushed them.

Okay, so I haven't pubstomped much but I do have like 1000+ hours. ;_;

Obsessed said:
In my experience they don't even bother changing to Pyro.
I'd rather they switch to mostly pyro than switch to the class that I'm being successful with. Seriously, I get a few kills with my sentry, and 4 more engineers show up building their shit right next to mine, and they eat my materials from my dispenser too.

Professor Beef said:
I'd rather they switch to mostly pyro than switch to the class that I'm being successful with. Seriously, I get a few kills with my sentry, and 4 more engineers show up building their shit right next to mine, and they eat my materials from my dispenser too.

Oh man I freaking hate that.

Get a good killing spree with Pyro, suddenly 3 more Pyros. Be the only Spy on the team and top the scores, suddenly 4 more Spies.

If only it worked that way for Medic.

ArtistDude88 said:
Oh man I freaking hate that.

Get a good killing spree with Pyro, suddenly 3 more Pyros. Be the only Spy on the team and top the scores, suddenly 4 more Spies.

If only it worked that way for Medic.

I manged to avoid that today on the Valve server. I was doing incredibly well as a Spy and I managed to remain the only Spy on the team. We did have 4 engies though... we still won.

Top 3 went something like this:

ConBrio: Spy 38

Someone: Engineer 18

Someone: Engineer 17

Top Bottom