• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

XeroSauce

yeoz said:
Giftable copies of tf2 are probably rare. Anyone who has them would probably just use it themselves to get an idler :(
Oh wow, it just occurred to me that I have a copy from the Potato thing. Damn. Should I go for 4 alt accounts instead of 3?

Zomba13

Clydefrog said:
i'm going to a birthday party in 30 mins followed by dive bar action

I INTRODUCED TF2 TO THE PERSON'S WHO'S BIRTHDAY IT IS TONIGHT!

omg i should buy him a hat.
It's my Birthday today. You should give me a hat :D

Just kidding about the hat giving.

Bakphoon

XeroSauce said:
Oh wow, it just occurred to me that I have a copy from the Potato thing. Damn. Should I go for 4 alt accounts instead of 3?

you could give it to me :p i guess i could give you the whoope cap for it, because i get my tradable keys tomorrow...

GO for THE 4th acc!

Javaman said:
I don't remember that at all, are you sure it was me? That's on doublecross? I never build sentries there. Neat unintentional trick though.
Just checked it, it was that GreenSilex dude, not you.

I thought it was you because I remembered you yelling when I died.

Yeef

How would you guys feel about about having a designated day of the week where mic-spam was re-enabled? Which day do you think would be best?

I miss my Tiny Tims and Shit Ain't Butters.

yeoz

Yeef said:
How would you guys feel about about having a designated day of the week where mic-spam was re-enabled? Which day do you think would be best?

I am OK with micspam every day!

Yeef said:

what does re-enabling mic-spam do? I coudl always talk in the server without issues.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:

Only if we can bribe n0b to bring back his collection of honks!

JackEtc

yeoz said:
You'll never improve if you do that. Getting used to playing against weaker players is bad. You stick with your proven strategies against them, and you'll never learn anything.
It feels good now though...I know I need to play against harder people though.
Sgt.Pepper said:
That's because GAF server has communication, not matter what Kuro might say, unlike Valve server or many other pubs. If you are going to play Spy in Janky-Ass, stick with Dead Ringer/Timewatch, don't bother with YER and change your disguises to less conventional (Heavy, Soldier).

Also, don't go through ways that always have a lot of people.
Yeah, I need to start using the other knives again. I'm too used to the YER.

moojito said:
Since the link to the youtube channel of spree (very good spy dude) I posted seemed to go down well, here's another one I've found:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf2gentleman#g/u

Maybe even better as they're annotated with tips to help aspiring failspies like myself.
A minute in to gamplay #11 and I like it already. I'm a very good spy on normal servers, but get decimated on GAF. Thanks for the link.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I don't mind micspam when its done right. Sound effects and music can be awesome. But when the person doing it is playing it out of a speaker next to their microphone...no...just no. Learn how to customize your computer's I/O so that you don't have a terrible scratchy feedback laden mess.

I only mind micspam when someone spams an annoying song, or when spies take advantage of music being played to get passive Fez effects.

Also JackEtc, I'd say stick with YER unless the enemy team starts to heavily communicate.

commissar said:
So I was given an "Original" rocket launcher today.

I am pretty damn impressed!

though that and the liberty launcher and the reserve shooter all sound terrible in TF2, the shift to the middle makes..all the diff-erence in the woorld.

Yeef, Source TV sounds like it could be fun :)
though if the server is somewhat janky as it is...

I think it looks and sounds great! Real oldschool :D

Yeef

3YtM2.jpg

rgkVC.jpg

Dug

Banned
Obsessed said:
I only mind micspam when someone spams an annoying song, or when spies take advantage of music being played to get passive Fez effects.

Also JackEtc, I'd say stick with YER unless the enemy team starts to heavily communicate.
One thing I find really weird about my computer, my Microphone for Steam is default my stereo mix. Which means if I measly press the shift button you actually hear the music. Just something odd that happens.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
Nice. First time I want to play Team Fortress 2 in almost 2 months and hl2.exe always crashes when joining a server.
Ahem, and you're telling me the Gaf server has communication?

I'm sorry, most of you are deaf or don't care. But since I'm med or sniper, I deal with them a lot. I'll tell others, but nobody cares to spy hunt and then players start saying the spies are too good or annoying. Honestly, spy hunt you fucking pansies!

Kuro Madoushi said:

I'm sorry, most of you are deaf or don't care. But since I'm med or sniper, I deal with them a lot. I'll tell others, but nobody cares to spy hunt and then players start saying the spies are too good or annoying. Honestly, spy hunt you fucking pansies!
I always hunt Spies like a fucking nutjob, because I play mostly Sniper/Pyro and I hate the assholes. So it isn't me who you're talking about!

Kuro Madoushi said:

I feel your pain. People "kill" the spy and go on their merry way. HE'S A DEAD RINGER. CHECK YOUR KILL COUNT. Listen for the damn sound unless he has a Fez and don't just leave the fucking area.

It was especially bad yesterday when I was medic. Now, I'm not a great player (I probably don't even qualify as decent) but it was so painfully obvious what enemy spies were doing and nobody even tried stopping them.

Protip to medics: You dont need to be facing the person to heal them. If you are traveling to the point, or the battle is relatively tame feel free to face AWAY from whoever you are healing to keep an eye out for spies.

moojito

Right, so I have no idle accounts, but I looked on the tf2 wiki and it gave me the command to put in a shortcut to get the text mode itemtest thing on the go. So I'm leaving it running while I sleep. If I wake up to a banned account I'm blaming you all!

I really only want 1 more scrap so I can smelt my other refined and trade for a strange knife, right enough, but if I wake up to a bunch of hats I'll not complain.

commissar

I really don't get you idlers. But whatever makes you happy I guess.

Obsessed said:
So is there a guide out there on how to set something up for micspam?
While Yeef has taken care of the technicalities, might I suggest trying your best to avoid something much longer than 2 minutes.
Unless it's really classy jazz, or a 3 minute '80s power ballad no one would otherwise listen to trololol

Also whatever you do, the most important thing is to make sure the volume you're transmitting is lower than the majority of game sounds.
People still want to play the game!

Finally I suggest putting the following on your clipboard so you can just ctrl-v it into chat.

"esc to main menu-> click the ear icon on the resume game button-> mute player"

As someone will inevitably complain :]

I was this || close to joining you guys but got intimidated :(.....soon enough.....soon enough.

Having fun as a engie/medic now being i was kinda forced into them roles. I tried a bot run as a spy just to see whats what......yeeeeeea..... I wont be playing that anytime soon

JackFrost said:
I was this || close to joining you guys but got intimidated :(.....soon enough.....soon enough.

Having fun as a engie/medic now being i was kinda forced into them roles. I tried a bot run as a spy just to see whats what......yeeeeeea..... I wont be playing that anytime soon

The bots cheat. I use Saharan Spy and right as I decloak they always without fail turn around. The exact second I decloak.

By the way I found the formula for Payload wins:

1. Everyone go Heavy
2. Huddle around cart
3. M1
4. YOU'RE WINNAR!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Holy fuck i just had the most retarded team ever.

So, we were playing on Viaduct, a 7 vs 7 king of the hill match. My teamm is blue, the other is red. We're holding the point, and with about a count of 1:30 seconds left, I go off to the sides just to check for spies an engies and the sort... you know that giant column just to the left of the point? There was an engie with a fully upgraded sentry, dispenser, and teleport behind it. I'm a soldier and I quickly get killed by the sentry.

While respawning I tell my team "To the left of the control point, behind the white column, is an engie with fully upgraded teleport, dispenser, and sentry. Take it out".

I reach the point and continue defending, and at about 30 seconds left, nd I notice enemeis still coming out from behind the column. At no point in the previous minute did I hear the beeping of a sentry so I assumed someone took it out. Well, I go to take out the teleporter and the engie/dispenser if they were still there.... turns out everything was still up and running, and I wasn't hearing any sentry fire because NO ONE WAS TRYING TO TAKE IT OUT.

I send a message again, this time in all caps "GUYS. TO THE SIDE OF THE CONTROL POINT. SENTRY. TELEPORTER, DISPENSER. TAKE IT OUT. BEHIND THE WHITE COLUMN. "

Meanwhile, the clock reaches 0, and we hit overtime. The other team recaptures during overtime. Their clock is at 2:30 when they capture. I'm taking out enemies, and we go back and forth with the other team for the next 45 seconds or so, getting about halfway to recapture, getting blocked, killing, resuming attempts at recapture, you know the drill. It's not like one or two individuals were doing this, no, we had 3 or 4 guys on the point when we were trying to capture. Well, same shit happens as before. No sentry gun fire, I see players coming from the column, and go to take it out. Bam, dead. There's about a minute left now, and I decide to go spy and take it out myself. I'm yelling at my team while waiting to respawn though.

I get behind the buildings and sap all 3 of them with about 15 seconds to spare. red team members take me out, engie saves the sentry but not the dispenser r teleport, and red team's clock reaches 0, and they win. Holy fucking shit.

everyone, including red, is goign "How the hell did red win?" in the chat. And I'm raging "It's because no one on my team fucking listened. I said there was a sentry, dispenser, and teleporter right behind that column well before blue's clock expired, and no one went for it. I decided to go to spy too late"

Guy on red: "we won because of teamwork"

I'm an extremely terrible player. A good round for me is ~5 points. I top out at 8-12 points, in every class, so I shouldn't have the right to say this. but holy shit was my team bad. I don't know if they just weren't paying attention or they thought we could just hold it out and ignore the onslaught of enemies with a teleport and dispenser right next to the control point, but at no point did I see anyone even attempt to take it out, in any class, except me. And by the time I decided to go spy, it was too late.

Obsessed said:
By the way I found the formula for Payload wins:

1. Everyone go Heavy
2. Huddle around cart
3. M1
4. YOU'RE WINNAR!
People found out that formula months ago, and it makes Payload and Heavies even more insufferable than they are individually.

Yeef make the following changes to the server:

-Make it so Goldrush, Dustbowl, and Thunder Mountain cannot be played in the same 5 hour period as one another
-Disable Gunslinger on KOTH servers
-Disable Engineer on Hightower and CTF maps
-Disable Heavy permanently on the server forever

Top Bottom