• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Tenck

I've spent over 61K points on the TF2WH and still have 6K left. I feel so shamed :eek:

What I got
Genuine Mask of the Shaman
Strange Degreaser
Strange Shotgun
The Counterfeit Billycock
Vintage Scotsman's Skullcutter
Vintage Respectless Rubber Glove

I think I might give something away for the Gaf regulars later today.

Chinner

Banned
i feel like opening c rates but i know its a fools game. WHAT DO I DO?

edit; bought two keys and I GOT A FUCKING STRANGE EYELANDER. bringing back memories. not gonna tough my other key like forever.

Clydefrog said:
I knew you idiots would complain.
Don't be mad because you showed a video that clearly shows you didn't actually hit the soldier.

Nobody hates you for using the huntsman. They just mock you. And mock you. And mock you!

I haven't been crashing since the last update, but sometimes I do get this awful stuttering that freezes me in place for 30 seconds at a time. I guess that's better than crashing, but it's still pretty awful.

I traded a buncha junk to tf2wh. Got 20k credits. But now there's nothing I want to buy. I appreciate not having to deal with actual humans...but robots don't cut any deals. :( I'm cheap! I sure wish I could just buy some refs but every time I check the site doesn't have any.

Tenck

Rummy Bunnz said:
I haven't been crashing since the last update, but sometimes I do get this awful stuttering that freezes me in place for 30 seconds at a time. I guess that's better than crashing, but it's still pretty awful.

I traded a buncha junk to tf2wh. Got 20k credits. But now there's nothing I want to buy. I appreciate not having to deal with actual humans...but robots don't cut any deals. :( I'm cheap! I sure wish I could just buy some refs but every time I check the site doesn't have any.

Going to have to play the waiting game and get two items at a time, and smelt them into scrap and go on from that. I honestly have no idea why they would limit it to two items per trade. Are they scared someone will buy all the 200c weapons?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They are scared someone will find an exploit and quickly empty everything.

If you just want stuff to craft, wait till later in the day for some crafting packs to come up. You get a nice pack of weapons for just 1 transaction.

I have gotten bunches of things. 6 strange weapons (Axtinguisher, Blackbox, Degreaser, Sniper Riffle, Medi Gun, and a Kunai), 2 polycount hats (Softcap and Milkman), and a Made Man.

Tenck

Drkirby said:
They are scared someone will find an exploit and quickly empty everything.

If you just want stuff to craft, wait till later in the day for some crafting packs to come up. You get a nice pack of weapons for just 1 transaction.

I did the math and it didn't seem like you'd get a profit.

I have to warn you, I am asleep so I have no idea what I am talking about!

Edit: Just tried to buy one of those excess weapon packs and the trade timed out. Nice!

Edit 2: Queue is 24 for me right now. I noticed around 3-5am is the best time to do it. I live in Arizona, so our times may vary!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tenck said:
I did the math and it didn't seem like you'd get a profit.

I have to warn you, I am asleep so I have no idea what I am talking about!
The crafting packs give you weapons at 160-210 points each (Mostly 210). Refined Metal is the only item that pays just as much as it costs, 4500. Sine there are 18 weapons in a Refined, that is 250 points per each weapon that makes it up, so doing the crafting pack would make you about 700 points per refined. It is also a decent way to just cash out points for metal.

Tenck

Drkirby said:
The crafting packs give you weapons at 160-210 points each (Mostly 210). Refined Metal is the only item that pays just as much as it costs, 4500. Sine there are 18 weapons in a Refined, that is 250 points per each weapon that makes it up, so doing the crafting pack would make you about 700 points per refined. It is also a decent way to just cash out points for metal.

Will be on the look out for the packs then.

I just queued up again for my first one.

Edit: Timed out again :/

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I had a decal tool drop last night on a smurf and I got 16,200c at TF2WH.

Too bad they don't have any refined metal in stock. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tenck

divisionbyzorro said:
My plan to buy scrap metal from TF2WH with free credits on all my idlers is failing! Trades always time out!

Yeah was getting too many timed out trades, so I quit. Then came back for a Crafting pack and can't get the bot to request a trade with me.

they need to fix that bad.. Some dude actually told me i was lying about my queue time and couldnt comprehend basic English when i told him failed trades kicking people back to line, absurd queue times etc isnt Valves problems...could be their fault but certainly not their problem as to how a 3rd party website is performing

Drkirby said:
The dude you were debating with isn't affiliated with the site. He is just a random internet white knight.

yeah i know...I dont appreciate being called a liar and i was in queue for a stupid amount of time so i was pretty mad at the time...like Kuro mad at that point.

speaking of which, the lack of Kuro in thread lately is disturbing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They reset the entire queue not to long after, there may of been some problems with it.

Also, Dynamic pricing has been turned back on. I am going to hold onto my masks till people start to request them, right now they range from 710-735, which cuts ever so slightly into my profits!

Also, there is a page to show how much of each item there is in stock:
http://www.tf2wh.com/inventory.php

JackFrost said:
yeah i know...I dont appreciate being called a liar and i was in queue for a stupid amount of time so i was pretty mad at the time...like Kuro mad at that point.

speaking of which, the lack of Kuro in thread lately is disturbing

Kuro is gone forever. He only plays GG now.

And it is all your fault.

mojiimbo

Is metal exempt from dynamic pricing? They had plenty of refined at 3AM but the queue was 300+ deep so I gave up after waiting for what seemed like an hour to go through the queue 3 different times after each attempt timed out at the Steam trade window. The queue seemed better an hour ago but they were all out metal. Hopefully it stays at 4500 so I'll be able to cash out for the amount I expected when I traded my stuff in.

mojiimbo said:
Is metal exempt from dynamic pricing? They had plenty of refined at 3AM but the queue was 300+ deep so I gave up after waiting for what seemed like an hour to go through the queue 3 different times after each attempt timed out at the Steam trade window. The queue seemed better an hour ago but they were all out metal. Hopefully it stays at 4500 so I'll be able to cash out for the amount I expected when I traded my stuff in.

ref stays 4500 buy or sell. It goes fast though

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
mojiimbo said:
I think Refined Metal and some of the newer weapons have their price locked. Their are tons of Original's and Machina's, but the price doesn't change. On the other hand, the price to things like Vintage weapons is going down, since the demand is low for them.

So I am playing right now in this server with a hacker, his name changes every second, he is engi crit-headshoting everyone with his pistol, I am typing "status" on console to try to get his steam id, but nothing comes up, wtf!!!

edit: so he left the server and now I am able to type "status" again in the console and get everyone's steam id, however the hacker is long gone, whatever hack he was using was blocking the retrieval of his steam id.

Blizzard

Banned
The Omega Man said:
So I am playing right now in this server with a hacker, his name changes every second, he is engi crit-headshoting everyone with his pistol, I am typing "status" on console to try to get his steam id, but nothing comes up, wtf!!!

edit: so he left the server and now I am able to type "status" again in the console and get everyone's steam id, however the hacker is long gone, whatever hack he was using was blocking the retrieval of his steam id.
If it's the GAF server he will show up on the server page and we can get the ID that way.

Okay, I'm about ready to give up on this TF2WH thing. I've managed to get the bots to give me one successful trade today out of a dozen attempts. And each time I have to wait through the whole queue? Screw that. I'll come back when they get their shit together.

Blizzard said:
If it's the GAF server he will show up on the server page and we can get the ID that way.
sadly it was in another server I regularly play, to be honest this is first time I see a hack of this caliber in this game

mojiimbo

Steam trade has been a little slow to respond recently so maybe that's throwing the bots off. I thought about them letting you cut in line to retry but then other people would rage about being pushed down the queue. It wouldn't be so bad if they had more bots to speed things up but who knows how much that would cost the guy running the service.

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay, I'm about ready to give up on this TF2WH thing. I've managed to get the bots to give me one successful trade today out of a dozen attempts. And each time I have to wait through the whole queue? Screw that. I'll come back when they get their shit together.

cashout and go back when its fixed. Excellent idea but horrible execution thus far. Since its beta im holding a little hope for them.

they also split my craft package of 12 into 3 trades this morning which was kinda whack

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Getting the paper masks can be annoying when you are all 10 players. Took me 4 minutes to find just where the hell the last one was, with no clip on. (Was in the upper catwalk, going from B to C)

The only problem I have with tf2wh right now is in the chat window, if something goes wrong it says: "You timed out, trade cancelled. Click trade to try again."

No. Fuck you. I did everything right. Steam trading is at fault when the trade window comes up blank, and either it or your bots are to blame when I get in the trade window and I just sit there waiting for them to give me my stuff and then it just times out. Write: "Whoops something went wrong. Trade cancelled. Click trade to try again."

SteveWinwood said:
The only problem I have with tf2wh right now is in the chat window, if something goes wrong it says: "You timed out, trade cancelled. Click trade to try again."

No. Fuck you. I did everything right. Steam trading is at fault when the trade window comes up blank, and either it or your bots are to blame when I get in the trade window and I just sit there waiting for them to give me my stuff and then it just times out. Write: "Whoops something went wrong. Trade cancelled. Click trade to try again."

yeah i noticed they blame you indtead of saying it was a error as well.

wonder if when they get everything fixed if theyll have sales as alot of hats no1 wants and is going to end up taking up alot of BP space

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They have turned on Dynamic Pricing, so the junk hats will eventually go low enough, that it is worth it to get them to just craft together.

There are going to be tons of Ellis Caps though.

I have to redact what I said about playing Engineer now that the Widowmaker is so fun. Spamming mini sentries and shooting people in the face without reloading sure is great!

I'll keep my stance on never playing Engy on the GAF server however, because that is a straight B-line to RageVille.

Sianos

Spies provide a valuable service.

They keep Engies in check, thus allowing the Scout population to flourish.

The TF2 Ecosystem is a complicated and beautiful one indeed.

Sianos

Just traded for a Hermes, thinking of painting it gold to go with Deus Specs and my golden fish. What does StyleGAF think?

Congrats on the craft, Toggle! Everyone's been having good luck lately: I crafted a birdcage last week with an old starter pack hat and a manniversary paper hat.

Warehouse is being a bit buggy, but the wait isn't terribly long in between tries. Hopefully they iron out the issues for the full release.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Tried crafting a Fancy Dress Uniform and ended up getting Armored Authority again. :\

Damn the man who got the Uniform on tf2wh.

Acerac

Banned
Drkirby said:
Getting the paper masks can be annoying when you are all 10 players. Took me 4 minutes to find just where the hell the last one was, with no clip on. (Was in the upper catwalk, going from B to C)
I'm surprised there aren't any guides posted on where they can be found.

Top Bottom