• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Acerac said:
Don't present points if you don't wish me to discuss them. "Stop discussing that point I brought up! Only an absurd person would think that mattered!" If it wasn't your intention that we would discuss that specific example do you mind elaborating? Or do you prefer ranting about how crazy I am for discussing subjects that you brought to light? :)
You were focusing on the example, not the point. There is a difference.

The point is that we should be playing cp_map_c 24/7.

Acerac said:
After all if one can't state why they believe something perhaps it is best that their feelings are reconsidered. Thankfully however you have helped me realize that my opinions are well based in fact. :)
Don't mistake my having fun at your expense as proof of your opinions as fact. Your opinions are those of a crazy person. A bitter old man who never found love. O woe! Woe, indeed.
Don't present points if you don't wish me to discuss them. "Stop discussing that point I brought up! Only an absurd person would think that mattered!" If it wasn't your intention that we would discuss that specific example do you mind elaborating? Or do you prefer ranting about how crazy I am for discussing subjects that you brought to light? :)
The problem is that you are pretending to assume that the point I made is the end-all be-all of my argument, when you are more intelligent than that. Else, you wouldn't be able to read and comprehend a language. Too, I've already elaborated and explained that the example is not the point - it is an example. The point has been stated multiple times. That you are ignoring it shows just how little thought you've put into your position.
We could play arena all night every night and to some people it would be the best way to go. Perhaps that's what you'd prefer for the server. I merely had the idea that we'd try to make the server fun for the majority who were playing on it. Based on the comments made during gameplay this evening it seemed that we were moving away from that. Though I suppose that one could say that people were having fun and simply were mistaken when they wished for voting to return. ;)
I detest arena. It's fun once in a blue moon. Even so, playing it all night once a week shits all over you and your precious voting system because it means instead of playing the same maps we already play every night, we're playing maps that we don't already play every night.
It is duly noted however that people who make lighthearted jokes at maps you enjoy do not deserve to vote on anything ever. Very well thought out point on your part.
It is so. I'm glad you've conceded that you are in the wrong. This discussion is now over. Toodles.

EDIT: Also Yeef is correct, where (actualMap("cp_map_c") == actualMap("plr_hightower")) is a true statement.

I tried playing Sniper for the first time in like two years. My ability to get headshots has significantly deteriorated since I stopped playing Counter-Strike, it's almost depressing how bad I am. I can't help but laugh at my string of misses sometimes.

If it weren't for the GAF server, I would've never found out about these other maps. That being said, I don't like most of the Payload maps and find myself going back to Valve servers for CTF.

Acerac

Banned
Yeef said:
You were focusing on the example, not the point. There is a difference.

The point is that we should be playing cp_map_c 24/7.
Thanks for spelling that out. It is confusing when others post things they don't wish to discuss hoping to make their points.
Togglesworlh said:
Don't mistake my having fun at your expense as proof of your opinions as fact. Your opinions are those of a crazy person. A bitter old man who never found love. O woe! Woe, indeed.

The problem is that you are pretending to assume that the point I made is the end-all be-all of my argument, when you are more intelligent than that. Else, you wouldn't be able to read and comprehend a language. Too, I've already elaborated and explained that the example is not the point - it is an example. The point has been stated multiple times. That you are ignoring it shows just how little thought you've put into your position.
Quite the contrary, the fact that I give so little thought in to your point shows just how little I think of your position. I am willing to counter your specific points when you present them, but your thesis that the players do not know what they want is so laughable that it isn't worth any serious discussion.

My position is the position of the people. I support the notion of majority rule even if I think that said majority often votes for silly maps.

I may not always agree with the choices of the server, but I realize that letting the players choose their fate is a key factor to ensuring the playerbase is having the most fun it can possibly have. After all, isn't that the goal of the server?
Togglesworlh said:
I detest arena. It's fun once in a blue moon. Even so, playing it all night once a week shits all over you and your precious voting system because it means instead of playing the same maps we already play every night, we're playing maps that we don't already play every night.

It is so. I'm glad you've conceded that you are in the wrong. This discussion is now over. Toodles.
There's not a single map we play more than 8% of the time. This percentage is so low as to give an adequate amount of variety. Even the most played maps will not show up more than twice in a 6 hour play session.

Perhaps the reason you don't receive the variety you desire is because many of the maps in this game are unfun? I grant you that we're likely to play Steel, Hightower, and Gorge on most given nights, but I think that speaks for the strengths of those maps. If the lesser played maps were less poorly balanced than perhaps players like myself wouldn't be so against voting for them in the future.

Alienups

Loving my new spine chilling skull. Goes great with the jaw.

heavyderp.jpg

Acerac said:
Thanks for spelling that out. It is confusing when others post things they don't wish to discuss hoping to make their points.
Haha, that is downright shameful. You know damn well I said exactly that. Your refusal to admit as much says much about your character.

It was fun while it lasted, but you're done now.

Oh, please stop this lover's quarrel. We all know you're going to make up and go back to pocketing each other in no time, regardless of which map we're on.

OMG Aero

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up key binds only for specific class loadouts and if so how?
I'd like to set up an Engineer key bind to destroy my sentry and instantly build a new one, but I only want this for my gunslinger loadout so I don't destroy my level 3 when I'm playing with my wrench loadout by accidentally pressing the button.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I wish I had saved that one in Cashworks when I tried to kill you with the guitar, but I got the wrong spot.

I saw a silhouette, and I assumed you were there. D=
Oh, the one where my team got rolled. Yeah, you probably had me when I was on offense as spy. Don't specifically remember that though. I did get Forkball twice. I like that dispensers can fill up your cloak while cloak.

Uriah

speculawyer said:
Damn it. I did something to my PC a couple weeks ago and it hasn't been the same ever since. TF2 feels so 'mushy' now. Like the mouse lags behind my motions. I can't figure out how to fix it. I've been turning off all sorts of services, upgrading drivers, . . . but nothing seems to fix it. I can't aim for shit now.

Do you have mouse acceleration on?

Yeef

OMG Aero said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to set up key binds only for specific class loadouts and if so how?
I'd like to set up an Engineer key bind to destroy my sentry and instantly build a new one, but I only want this for my gunslinger loadout so I don't destroy my level 3 when I'm playing with my wrench loadout by accidentally pressing the button.
It's possible. I do.

But I won't tell you how!

Make a config file for each class loadout slot (scout_a.cfg, scout_b.cfg, etc). If you want to be neat, you can put them in a separate folder like me (scout/a.cfg).

Anyway, after that, in each class config just put
bind f1 "exec scout/a.cfg"
bind f2 "exec scout/a.cfg"
etc.

Replace f1 with whatever buttons you want to use to change loadout (I use the numpad). Then in each slot config file put
load_itempreset 0 (1 for slot b, 2 for slot C, 3 for slot d).

Then just put whatever slot-specific configs you want in each slot file.

You can see my configs here if you still don't get it: http://yeef.net/cfg/

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I guess we're going to lock the server with the usual password for the Halloween update? Too bad Jank 3.0 wasn't phased out this month. We could probably fill up another server this weekend.

Yeef

fallengorn said:
I guess we're going to lock the server with the usual password for the Halloween update? Too bad Jank 3.0 wasn't phased out this month. We could probably fill up another server this weekend.
We'll see. With TF2 having quickplay and tons of valve servers it might not be as bad now as it has been in years past.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When does Jank 3.0 shut down? Maybe you can make the the 24/7 Halloween map. Or did it already kick the bucket?

finally took screens of my decal'd items. i spent enough time on them, so I figured I'd show them to you gaiz.

Flair #1 - I <3 the 80s. Buttons include: I <3 80s, Michael Jackson, Danger Mouse, Ghostbusters
flair1.jpg
flair2g.jpg

Flair #2 - Keep on smiling. Concept taken from this image. General idea: even when everyone is down, keep your joy. Keep your peace when all around you are losing theirs way and blaming it on you.
flair3.jpg

Signage #1 - Fuck a spy. Popular and self-explanatory. (Meta and others notwithstanding)
sign1pi.jpg

Signage #2 - Michael Jackson. Every time I smack someone with it, Smooth Criminal plays in my mind. Feels good, man. :)
sign2a.jpg

Signage #3 - I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! (oh, and fuck yo couch.)
sign3m.jpg

Clan Pride - Probably my most personal of all, as it has my name here (shout to GAF), my online name for most game services like XBL and PSN ("Heavenly Hammer", as represented by the angel wings and white hammer), and 6 stars representing the crossing of my line of fraternity brothers into our fraternity (Alpha Phi Alpha, Est. 1906). Not even a Service Medal could convince me to remove it from my Soldier's chest. It means more than a generic medal ever could.

medal1l.jpg
medal2.jpg

Cheers. So yea, an inordinate amount of time was spent on them, but they came out perfect. I couldn't be happier. And I hope Valve brings color back to the Decal Tool. None of these would have really worked out without color, and I have 3 more Flair designs on hold waiting for the "Painterly" feature to be restored. :)

JackFrost said:
the 80s pins are sweet...need to pair them with the stereoscopics on the scout (the sniper dope as-is)
ty good sir! I'll definitely do that!

XeroSauce said:
All of that is god damn awesome! I wish I had your creativity. And tools.
if you need something put together, holla at me. only problem now is that they took just about all the colors away. :-(

but if you have something in mind that you think would look good in one of the remaining color combos:

decalstencilpalette.png

let me know.

Dreams-Visions said:
but if you have something in mind that you think would look good in one of the remaining color combos:

decalstencilpalette.png

let me know.

wtf Valve (i didnt know they removed colors). wtf are we supposed to make with them colors....backed up toilet bowls?

Some guy on the Valve forums claims to have gotten an e-mail from one of the devs saying that the Painterly filter wasn't ready for primetime, wasn't supposed to be released in the first place, but will be coming back later.

And damn - now I want a Clan Pride. But those things are incredibly expensive in the trading community right now...

JackFrost said:
wtf Valve (i didnt know they removed colors). wtf are we supposed to make with them colors....backed up toilet bowls?
I've seen some pretty good ideas from this thread:

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1132763/18

that page and later. but yea, most of my designs would have been greatly diminished without their normal colors. I finished mine no more than 40 minutes before Valve released the update that removed the "Painterly" option from the Decal tool (which retained most of the colors from imported images). I don't know if they'll ever bring color back, but I certainly hope so. I really don't know why the option was even removed, but I assume it had something to do with the crashes after the Manniversary update or something.

divisionbyzorro said:
Some guy on the Valve forums claims to have gotten an e-mail from one of the devs saying that the Painterly filter wasn't ready for primetime, wasn't supposed to be released in the first place, but will be coming back later.

And damn - now I want a Clan Pride. But those things are incredibly expensive in the trading community right now...
well that's great news. I have like 3 more color flair designs ready to roll.

Also, yea, it appears the Clan Pride went up or something. I got mine for a couple of craft hats the day it came out.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
If I wanted to set up a separate account for idling, is it as easy as just setting up another steam account and then buying enough stuff to get premium?

And how would trading to my main account work?

BlisterBrown said:
If I wanted to set up a separate account for idling, is it as easy as just setting up another steam account and then buying enough stuff to get premium?

And how would trading to my main account work?
that easy.

sandboxie to trade within accounts

Clydefrog

I have a decal tool and a conscientious objector, but once I use the decal tool on the objector, it's stuck with that image, right? Using the decal tool is a one shot kind of deal, right (i.e. paint)?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, you have to use anther tool to put on anther decal. PRESSURE!

They likely have Nametag like drop rates though IMO, so they will hopefully go down in price.

Forkball

I'd wait until the Halloween update to put decals on anything. Hopefully Valve gets some sense in their heads and puts the painterly option back in with that update.

Yeef

Bah!

One of my replays from last night was corrupted, so I downloaded the demo and recorded it in FRAPS. 46 seconds of video, 95 minutes of upload time ;(

About 20 minutes remaining...

Top Bottom