• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Dreams-Visions said:
This is why I refuse to touch this system. Summed up the conceptual problem nicely.

I traded an old hat + ref and got a One Man Army. No lines. A little patience over maybe a half hour and I got exactly what I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. I'm in total control.

I suppose it's cool for hard-to-sell items. Like weps and stranges an bad hats.

And vintages. They have loads of vintage weapons. Kinda makes me think that the market for vintages isn't what people think it is.

Theoretically, the system offers convenience. You take a hit in value for the convenience of an instant sale and a stock of items to purchase. As such, they really need to nail the execution for it to really catch on.

EDIT: Woo - third time's the charm! Monitoring off and on over three hours, and I've gotten...four successful trades (2 sales, 2 buys).

Forkball said:
Yeah I'm going to wait until the site becomes a bit more stable and prominent. I don't want to cash in my items for nothing.

Also ever wonder what TF2 guns are based off of? WONDER NO MORE.
Pretty cool...didnt know the ullapool was a real weapon...that makes it that much more funny

divisionbyzorro said:
And vintages. They have loads of vintage weapons. Kinda makes me think that the market for vintages isn't what people think it is.

Theoretically, the system offers convenience. You take a hit in value for the convenience of an instant sale and a stock of items to purchase. As such, they really need to nail the execution for it to really catch on.

I think stranges just destroyed the vintage market (i am still newer, like 2 or 3months in game so I can be totally WELL DUH right or totally off) but for me the way i value and what i roll with is

strange>genuine>vintage>Stock
and thats how the classes I play are loaded out for the most part.

i dont mind the 20% hit...somethings gotta cover all them bonesaws,dropping prices, the sales that are inevitable,overhead in general. but for a 20% hit i want what i want when i want it and you nailed it.....lack of execution. I dont blame them 100%...i dont blame them 50% the 33% i do blame them for is their lack of requeuing for failed trades and this god awful lottery.

for the last hour the new items hasnt changed...i hit trade and im #128 so people are trading or trying to....my brainslug is gone so i gotta find something else to cash in on. Lack of information on downtime....at one point I had like 100K+ 40k+ being held....if you going to have this much of my stuff in credits....i wanna know why you down for hours and when youll be back up....they did just get robbed for 1million+ credit items....so yeah im in my right

the bonus points I will give them is they dont charge for painted items. They take rubbish. Haggle-free. Prices are in-line with everywhere else. Their craft sets were nice when you could get them but the bots seem to have found that page :(.

The second trade timed out and I guess I'm not getting my refined metal. Didn't place me back into the queue or anything. Fuuuuck this. The site's still holding onto my 4,500 credits, though. Hitting cancel just tells me I have no trades to cancel.

the fuk...they holding a ref worth for a lottery i been loss but keep entering me I guess??? for something like refined wouldnt it make more sense to just have a waiting list....ffs they seem awfully keen on queues as it is.

@Uriah they had a attendant and a fez this afternoon...dont see them now & idk what the other set hats are...if 1 of them is a ol'geezer your set!!!!

I hate playing as either Medic or Engie and it sucks when no one else on the team wants to do it. I just wanna blow people up.

Random servers though, they're scarring at times. More than half a team comprised of Snipers and Spies while we're on offense in a payload map.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
JackFrost said:
the fuk...they holding a ref worth for a lottery i been loss but keep entering me I guess??? for something like refined wouldnt it make more sense to just have a waiting list....ffs they seem awfully keen on queues as it is.

@Uriah they had a attendant and a fez this afternoon...dont see them now & idk what the other set hats are...if 1 of them is a ol'geezer your set!!!!
Not really sure how the lottery works, I don't know if you just keep getting entered till you win, or if it is due to hitting the button to many time.

One thing I just found out, how many entries you get is determined by how mayn points you have. For every 10k, you get 1 entry (Rounded up of course)

Jack said:
I think stranges just destroyed the vintage market (i am still newer, like 2 or 3months in game so I can be totally WELL DUH right or totally off) but for me the way i value and what i roll with is

strange>genuine>vintage>Stock
and thats how the classes I play are loaded out for the most part.
Genuine and Vintage are 100% the same thing. For most Vintage items though, there are tons more, but for the rare things, like the War Fan, they are worth more then most Genuine items.

Drkirby said:
Not really sure how the lottery works, I don't know if you just keep getting entered till you win, or if it is due to hitting the button to many time.

One thing I just found out, how many entries you get is determined by how mayn points you have. For every 10k, you get 1 entry (Rounded up of course)

credits you mean or is there a point system idk about? i have 9900 credits and this last round of silliness i got 4:667 odds

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
JackFrost said:
credits you mean or is there a point system idk about? i have 9900 credits and this last round of silliness i got 4:667 odds
Oh, then I have no clue. I figured it would be every 10k credits, but maybe it is something else. Really don't know.

Forkball said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG3eus4ZSo

As a side note: what the fuck, how is that video NOT the first one to pop up after searching "Tonight, Tonight" in Youtube. Goddamn you Hot Chelle Rae.
EXxow.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM4EbN9lMY
Is the best Smashing Pumpkins song. I remember hearing it off the Batman and Robin soundtrack that my friend had, and I thought it was awesome. Then fast forward to that amazing Watchman trailer and BAM. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I heard it again years later. I had forgotten that I loved it so much. I had forgotten it even existed. It was so great.

SteveWinwood said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM4EbN9lMY
Is the best Smashing Pumpkins song. I remember hearing it off the Batman and Robin soundtrack that my friend had, and I thought it was awesome. Then fast forward to that amazing Watchman trailer and BAM. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I heard it again years later. I had forgotten that I loved it so much. I had forgotten it even existed. It was so great.
It's definitely up there as one of their best. I prefer the original version a bit more though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZApl8-I-itE

Edit: No wait, spontaneous change of opinion here, the new version is better.

well they shouldn't!!!

i don't want to go from atrophy to freight (yay) to warpath to double cross to koth badlands to hightower with no choice in the matter!!!

since votes don't show up either!!

Grinchy

Banned
Has anyone ever heard of the problem where mouse sensitivity changes itself to 9.55?

It seems like just about every time I shift+tab to talk to someone this happens. Also, it happens at random times as well. I have to keep changing it back over and over again.

Acerac

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
well they shouldn't!!!

i don't want to go from atrophy to freight (yay) to warpath to double cross to koth badlands to hightower with no choice in the matter!!!

since votes don't show up either!!
It is better this way. Since everything is now random 3 nights a week the players will be saved from going to stages they mistakenly believe they enjoy.

Or something like that.

Acerac

Banned
Honestly I'm just hoping that we can get to fucking so I'm agreeing with anything you say no matter how bizarre it may be.

guys we never give poor old arena_offblast or cp_haarp or tc_whateveryeefhasonthere a chance

how will we ever know if we keep playing tripe like badlands and badwater

Top Bottom