• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Easy way for Valve to make money:
  • Make a crate with a strange Disciplinary Action.
  • Give it a low open rate (1/250 or so).
  • Tell Borgnine about it.
  • Give it a 'condition' rating. Every time you get X kills you have to buy a repair kit from the store or it won't work.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Add Strange Paint to the store, $19.99. I want a Strange Iron Curtain!

Are we certain there is no series #33 also?

desh

mojiimbo said:
What hats did you use to craft it? It could be worse, you could have ended up with a worthless craft hat.
I tried my luck with crafting the other day. I got the brian bucket, and Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative.

Ugh. My worst luck so far.

Tenck

desh said:
I tried my luck with crafting the other day. I got the brian bucket, and Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative.

Ugh. My worst luck so far.

The only hat I ever crafted (and on accident too since I had no idea what I was doing) is the Familiar Fez.

Was that good? Serious question too.

Sianos

Tenck said:
The only hat I ever crafted (and on accident too since I had no idea what I was doing) is the Familiar Fez.

Was that good? Serious question too.

Very much so, its a Spy set hat.

Used with the saharan set you have a silent decloak. Useful for you douche ringers! :p

Yeef

commissar said:
How do you read the internet because evidently you're blind.
Here's lookin' at you, kid.

HumphreyBogart.jpg

Iadien said:
It does on warpath servers. I play it almost exclusively.
Fair enough (you crazy fuck). Like I said earlier, I think it's just 'cause GAF these days is horrible at defending... or objectives in general.

Tenck

NSQuote said:
Very much so, its a Spy set hat.

Used with the saharan set you have a silent decloak. Useful for you douche ringers! :p

Oh I know about that Silent decloak :D

I love to use it on Barnblitz and Steele.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Togglesworlh said:
Fair enough (you crazy fuck). Like I said earlier, I think it's just 'cause GAF these days is horrible at defending... or objectives in general.

Oh, I'm sure on neogaf it would be roll city, or non 24/7 warpath servers for that matter. The newer versions of Warpath help with the stalemating, but I doubt many servers have the new Warpath versions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Togglesworlh said:
You say that now, but hit that big "Play now" button, pick CP, and watch as no one actually captures the points. "Hey, you guys, move like 5 feet to the right, so you are actually on the point."

"Hey, they are capping B, we don't need 7 people to kill the scout"

Sianos

Togglesworlh said:

As a Scout I always make it a sworn duty to either stand on the point or stall/stop people from killing the people standing on the point*!

*Unless there's an Engie.

NSQuote said:
As a Scout I always make it a sworn duty to either stand on the point or stall/stop people from killing the people standing on the point*!

*Unless there's an Engie.
Yeah you're one of the few. Most people on the GAF server don't bother doing anything but killing. Or healing, or whatever. Anything but actually working toward winning the map. Except payload, 'cause it's so easy to steamroll payload.

And they're especially bad at defending.

Drkirby said:
You say that now, but hit that big "Play now" button, pick CP, and watch as no one actually captures the points. "Hey, you guys, move like 5 feet to the right, so you are actually on the point."

"Hey, they are capping B, we don't need 7 people to kill the scout"
Maybe, but I'm mostly comparing GAF of today to the original group of regulars.

Proven

Togglesworlh said:
Yeah you're one of the few. Most people on the GAF server don't bother doing anything but killing. Or healing, or whatever. Anything but actually working toward winning the map. Except payload, 'cause it's so easy to steamroll payload.

And they're especially bad at defending.

Maybe, but I'm mostly comparing GAF of today to the original group of regulars.
I used to put in more effort on the GAF server, but then I got backstabbed, critted, then headshot, partially thanks to all talk. It's too much effort now to even put in Yeef's special GAF server only team talk bind.

Forkball

The Cosa Nostra looks like someone slept on top of a Fancy Fedora and then never washed it.

Also today is the last day Java plays for two weeks. See you on the other side.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Steam forums aren't helping, maybe someone here knows. I can't launch itemtest in the Source DSK. I either get:

jwJoV.jpg

or

1yib7.jpg

Any ideas?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
See the Highlighed part, Engine Version? Change it to Source Engine MP.

Wait, no, you do that in the second pictures. Verify the files? I can open it up without problems.

You know what I find funny, the ItemTest thingy Works when selected Day of Defeat. Hats coming to Day of Defeat confirmed.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Drkirby said:
See the Highlighed part, Engine Version? Change it to Source Engine MP.

Wait, no, you do that in the second pictures. Verify the files?

Did that. Uninstalled and reinstalled also.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Send Valve an Angry Letter.

I don't get the message you see in the first picture at all, I get the error in the second pictures when the wrong engine version is selected.

Maybe Reset Game Configurations?

Yeef

Ballad of Wind Fishes seems to have evidence that this year we'll get a viaduct event. The Skull background doesn't look anything like Viaduct, so we might be getting more than one new map!

n0b

Why is manor still on the server? And right after Hoodoo? I almost wanted to uninstall tf2 and never play again.

Acerac

Banned
Zerokku said:
7:30 and no one is playing :(
The problem is that nobody is used to the random maps so people get upset and leave. The solution? We need random maps every week so that people will be forced to learn the maps they don't want to play!

Forkball

OH BOY VIADUCT

Also someone found a string titled #TF_HalloweenItem_Purgatory" I assume this means we will be in a mental purgatory during the Halloween event.

Yeef

n0b said:
Why is manor still on the server? And right after Hoodoo? I almost wanted to uninstall tf2 and never play again.
I hate Hoodoo too, but I don't mind Manor. I refuse to remove any stock maps out of principle, but I think I'll edit up the rotation a bit for next week.

Sianos

It could be a fake, like the old Sniper boomerang was.

Hopefully it is, considering Viaduct_Pro was vastly improved by opening up the side of the maps where that one wall where everyone put their sentries used to be. There's also nowhere to really hide gifts either, so it probably is fake.

However if it is real, I wouldn't mind playing 24/7 KOTH for the next month, haha. Could be worse.

Yeef

fallengorn said:
No one playing. Nothing on tf2wh. What the hell am I suppose to do now?
Visit your kids. They probably forgot they even have a father!

(Alternately, you can trick people into joining with the knowledge that map voting will return in 1 hour. I even when ahead and changed it to badwater for you.)

n0b

Yeef said:
I hate Hoodoo too, but I don't mind Manor. I refuse to remove any stock maps out of principle, but I think I'll edit up the rotation a bit for next week.
That's a silly principle. Stock maps can be bad too.

Yeef said:
That's a dumb policy. Keep Mountain Lab but get rid of Manor. Same map, but without the stupid.

Get rid of all the arena modes, since everyone but me hates them.

Get rid of all the payload maps since GAF regulars don't know how to play them properly.

Etc.

n0b

Togglesworlh said:
That's a dumb policy. Keep Mountain Lab but get rid of Manor. Same map, but without the stupid.

Get rid of all the arena modes, since everyone but me hates them.

Get rid of all the payload maps since GAF regulars don't know how to play them properly.

Etc.

All reasonable. I like arena though. You can have an autokick for anybody on offense that has not touched the cart in the last minute, and a kick on defense to anybody that doesn't do anything before the first cap.

Top Bottom