• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Acerac

Banned
Clydefrog said:
Nah, that guy's a douche.

Also, fuck the Enforcer. That shit hits too hard for a class that already has one-hit kill mechanic.
I love the enforcer. I heard it hits too hard for a class that already has a one-hit kill mechanic.

Which is why I always use it on my spy. :)

Zomba13 said:
Yeah, it was Blaze123 or something. He really, really didn't like my Pinkie Pie spray.
I really need to figure out how to get sprays working. I'm sure it won't increase my popularity with the playerbase, but it'd be fun nonetheless.

Yeef said:
It's pretty straight forward. Go into options > multiplayer, choose an image. Done.
Sounds easy, but none of the images I select load. Perhaps they need to be in a specific format? .gif or something?

XeroSauce said:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sprays

I love the Enforcer. It really should nerf something when the user has a Dead Ringer but otherwise I love the gun. Ambassador can still do more damage so it's not like teh Spy never had this kind of output.

Plus Kritz Spies destroys calsses when you don't have many other combat classes around.

Ah, there we are, I'm not allowed to use .gifs. Thanks.

Yeef

Acerac said:
I really need to figure out how to get sprays working. I'm sure it won't increase my popularity with the playerbase, but it'd be fun nonetheless.
It's pretty straight forward. Go into options > multiplayer, choose an image. Done.

XeroSauce

Acerac said:
I love the enforcer. I heard it hits too hard for a class that already has a one-hit kill mechanic.

Which is why I always use it on my spy. :)

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sprays

I love the Enforcer. It really should nerf something when the user has a Dead Ringer but otherwise I love the gun. Ambassador can still do more damage so it's not like teh Spy never had this kind of output.

Plus Kritz Spies destroys calsses when you don't have many other combat classes around.

At least the Ambassador has a cool down, and you have to aim to the head to surpass the Enforcer damage output. Enforce is just a more powerful revolver, and the increased cloak time is worthless for a Dead Ringer, and a Spy that knows how to move around (not going stabby happy when there are so many people around).

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
At least the Ambassador has a cool down, and you have to aim to the head to surpass the Enforcer damage output. Enforce is just a more powerful revolver, and the increased cloak time is worthless for a Dead Ringer, and a Spy that knows how to move around (not going stabby happy when there are so many people around).
it really is ridiculously powerful for a class that's not supposed to be a direct combat class. it does the same damage as the shortstop.

I think giving it conditional damage, like the Ambassador, the Shahanshah and the Equalizer would be ideal. Which condition is up for debate, but it should do it's current damage in an ideal situation, not all the time.

The downside also needs to be tweaked so that it affects all watches. Maybe change it to 0.5 second longer decloak, that way it affects all watches equally.

OK, so how popular are cheats in TF2?

I'm not the type of person, who after getting completely destroyed, I start lashing out at accuse people of cheating, but I was on a server last night with people that are REALLY awesome, or have some sort of cheat going on.

Whilst playing as a scout, I was getting head shotted from SPIES and snipers within a second of being in their view, yet I'm jumping around the map like a lunatic. Replay was off so I couldn't re watch any of them.

And after emptying a flame thrower tank into a demo, surviving and them me getting easily nailed, someone joked that he had God mode on. Dunno if he was taking the piss though.

corn_fest

MarkMclovin said:

I'm not the type of person, who after getting completely destroyed, I start lashing out at accuse people of cheating, but I was on a server last night with people that are REALLY awesome, or have some sort of cheat going on.

Whilst playing as a scout, I was getting head shotted from SPIES and snipers within a second of being in their view, yet I'm jumping around the map like a lunatic. Replay was off so I couldn't re watch any of them.

And after emptying a flame thrower tank into a demo, surviving and them me getting easily nailed, someone joked that he had God mode on. Dunno if he was taking the piss though.
Was it a server with premium benefits, such as nightteam? I don't think overt cheats are really that common, unless you were playing on some weird server with VAC off and cheats enabled or something.

corn_fest said:
Was it a server with premium benefits, such as nightteam? I don't think overt cheats are really that common, unless you were playing on some weird server with VAC off and cheats enabled or something.

Yeah, there was a lot of chat about people donating and such. It was a UK Lotus Clan server. Not sure if it was a server config or something, but some of the names were bolded green in the chat with a small TM on their name.

corn_fest

MarkMclovin said:
Yeah, there was a lot of chat about people donating and such. It was a UK Lotus Clan server. Not sure if it was a server config or something, but some of the names were bolded green in the chat with a small TM on their name.
Hmm, to my knowledge lotusclan donators don't really get any special benefits other than end of round invulnerability, but in general they're considered a pretty shit bunch of servers, so who knows.

corn_fest said:
Hmm, to my knowledge lotusclan donators don't really get any special benefits other than end of round invulnerability, but in general they're considered a pretty shit bunch of servers, so who knows.

I'll avoid them then.

Do people tend to stick with any particular servers with good team play? Anyone like to share some? I know I've only been playing since June, but I'm starting to get frustrated being put in servers with people who just aren't playing properly.

XeroSauce

MarkMclovin said:
I'll avoid them then.

Do people tend to stick with any particular servers with good team play? Anyone like to share some? I know I've only been playing since June, but I'm starting to get frustrated being put in servers with people who just aren't playing properly.

Avoid bigger names like Lotus and nightteam, as mentioned.

critsandvich an no heroes are generally good. Janky is generally good. :) It's ostly about building a solid list of favorites so you always have a map/gamemode on there that you want to play.

MarkMclovin said:
I'll avoid them then.

2fort2furious | TF2 | 67.18.19.3
2fort2furious2 | TF2 MARIO_KART | 67.18.19.4

It's the old party server formerly known by TEAM ROOMBA. They are known for some hilarious griefing videos back in TF2's early days. It's got a great, fun, and dedicated community. Great map rotation with break rounds/maps every few games, sometimes there's event maps or karaoke rounds, and best of all and it load fast too.

It's draw can be said to be that it's the only server with the custom jukebox plugin with over 1000 cherry picked & classic songs to choose from, all submitted by the regulars in the community. 1 random song from said pool plays for everyone inbetween map loads, making for a great way to pass the time loading and set the mood for the coming round.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
MarkMclovin said:

Well not really common. The recent aimbotter I've seen was a few weeks ago on a trade server. He could instant headshot cloaked spies.

Before it went f2p I saw a speed hack heavy and the usual headshotting aimbot sniper. It's really once in awhile and not in every server. Any smart server would have a votekick/ban option to deal with them.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Another server suggestion: Obsessed and I sometimes play on the Critical Failure Gamers Union servers when GAF isn't up. I can't look up their addresses now, but you can find their group.

Maffis

Anyone have the laugh taunt for sale? I'm offering 2 keys and 1 refined for it (5.66 refined).

Btw what's wrong with European Lotus servers? I play on them alot. They're vanilla with no premium bullshit and mods and they play on stock maps. Ofc, they are 32 player servers, but I don't find anything wrong with them. I play on their 24-man arena server all the time. One of the best arena servers out there IMO.

Maffis said:
Btw what's wrong with European Lotus servers?

Just asking if there are any cheats out (as I've no idea how to check of any). The games I played in yesterday have been the only time I have come across some crazy stuff, like a Spy that would never miss a shot, and Snipers that always had a headshot no matter how you moved. I know there are some good snipers out there, but to be able to get constant headshots on fast moving/jumping scouts in split seconds was kind of nuts.

Thanks for the other server suggestions. Adding now.

Blizzard

Banned
I assume people play on 32-player CTF to have deathmatch madness, not serious objective games. If that's what you enjoy, go for it.

I played on 2fort2furious recently, and it was a fun server with the jukebox and custom maps.

Blizzard

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
who was the dude who kept trying nominate 2fort last night

what's up with that

"what is your deal with you, not"
-borat seinfeld, 2011
I couldn't find that CTF football map anywhere in the nominate or admin menus, sadly. Of course I imagine it's just football-STYLE CTF, and not an actual football field map which would be great.

It was great how I brainwashed everyone into letting me switch to convoy, though. Lots of people were confused by that map, and Java had some awesome glitch that would shoot him out of spawn and off the back of the ships.

Yeef

CTF 'Football' is on the nominate menu in its own category (CTF Selivery). There are two maps on the server and we've played at least one of them before. Basically, the way it works is there's 1 neutral intel in the center of the map, you have to grab it and take it into the enemy's base to score.

32 slot server are always horrible. The only map that it somewhat works on is 5gorge, because that map is gigantic, but even then, it breaks the final point.

Clydefrog

Yeef said:
CTF 'Football' is on the nominate menu in its own category (CTF Selivery). There are two maps on the server and we've played at least one of them before. Basically, the way it works is there's 1 neutral intel in the center of the map, you have to grab it and take it into the enemy's base to score.

ooh nice! I remember the TFC version of that map. You could only play as medic/scout/soldier. lots of rocket/conc jumping when you had the ball

derFeef

Milly79 said:
32 is pure madness. I love it. there is never a corner you can then without someone being there.
There are things that I absoluteley loathe and instaspawn, 32 palyers, on small maps in TF2 is one of them. Before I play something like that I fire up UT or some other deathmatch game.

Milly79

its turbine only. its not super small. I'd consider it medium. 3 second respawn or so. I can't stand having to walk around the map looking for someone and then die and have to wait 12 seconds. annoying.

Yeef

Turbine is a small map. if you want to play Deathmatch you should just play death match. There are deathmatch maps & servers. If you want to play faux-deathmatch, like you're describing, then Harvest is a much better map.

Yeef

64 man Brickyarder.

You need to make brickyard 2 just be brickyard copy and pasted in such a way that it makes a mosaic that's the same layout as brickyard.

[EDIT] How would you guys feel about a mapping contest? Giving GAF players x amount of time to make a map, then playing the resultant maps on the server a few times to determine a winner. The creator would get some kind of in-game prize. My main worry is that there won't be enough people participating to make it worthwhile.

Blizzard said:
I couldn't find that CTF football map anywhere in the nominate or admin menus, sadly. Of course I imagine it's just football-STYLE CTF, and not an actual football field map which would be great.

It was great how I brainwashed everyone into letting me switch to convoy, though. Lots of people were confused by that map, and Java had some awesome glitch that would shoot him out of spawn and off the back of the ships.
I missed convoy? Goddammit.

Edit: how idiot friendly is the sdk? I've always wanted to play with it and a map contest could be fun... I'm just scared mine would look like Orange x and I wouldn't figure out how to make it look tf2y.

Oreoleo

Yeef I like the idea but I think your main concern is justified. I wouldn't mind making a small KOTH style map but I don't know the first thing about it.

SDK aint too hard, just a little bit of a learning curve... After watching a few tutorials online somewhere you get the basic gist of things and can be on your merry map making way!

Blizzard

Banned
I might be interested but I only mess with the UDK. I think I tried Hammer at one point but I refuse to learn at the moment, largely because I'm stubborn and have like 8 other projects ongoing. :p

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I thought about map making once, but it's just too time consuming and too much to learn. It might push stuff I've already learned out of my brain. It was really interesting learning about a few of the concepts though, like visleafs. So now I know why most KOTH maps run like shit.

oh noes
fDcXh.png

Inkwell

Banned
I was always more of a QERadiant fan. I might participate in a mapping contest, but it's just been so long since I've used Hammer (or any other mapping program). Plus I've been sucked into Fallout 3 and I've been putting so much time into it. Then by the time I'm done with that Deus Ex will be out. Then I still need to play New Vegas and might move on to Morrowind or Oblivion...

I don't think I should have bought the Quakecon pack D:

I think I need to take a break from this game. I have pretty good internet speeds but this game lags so badly it's almost unplayable. I don't know why it's happening, but it makes me want to throw my laptop out the window. I'm cool with getting my ass kicked but being put in a match where I don't stand a chance because the game won't play properly just drives me up the wall. It's even worse now that I'm trying to get the Scout unlocks. That guy moves so fast he turns the game into a slideshow and his gunshots rarely register.

Top Bottom