• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

SteveWinwood said:
Tons of people end up going through the portal on both sides. They end up killing each other all the way to the skull on the hill in the swamp... even though they can all get it together if they just didn't. Then people get mad.

Good thing Heavy is invincible!

If that doesn't work there's crouch walk CnD or a Scout rush.

Firebrand

Made it to the Bombnomicon cage once... had half the red team's back in front of me, thought I'd be nice and not shoot them in the back.

Then at the cage demo turns around and ullapools me. Achievements for everyone but me! :p

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
UaZUv.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Thoraxes said:
First (arms) one was in the cauldron, second piece (shoes) I found a present.

I also got the Seal Mask, Bombinomicon, and Eyeball Head.
Ah, I didn't realize presents were dropping on the new map. I'm living vicariously through you.

Tenck

What's the difference between the new Spy knife and the YER?

I'm under the assumption that they're the exact same thing.

Zomba13

Tenck said:
What's the difference between the new Spy knife and the YER?

I'm under the assumption that they're the exact same thing.
Yup, just a reskin. Don't think it can be used in the set though.

Zomba13

Kerrby said:
Disappointingly short event, took 15 minutes to get both achievements and both items :(.
You got lucky then. Took me a while becuase of people being dicks and killing me and not the giant explosive eyeball shooting eyeball monster. =/

Zomba13 said:
You got lucky then. Took me a while becuase of people being dicks and killing me and not the giant explosive eyeball shooting eyeball monster. =/
Yeah I don't get it. The control point becomes disabled when the eye is out. There's no reason to do anything but kill it.

XeroSauce

Boss is much better but everyone in the server is a dick and won't let you get the achievement.

And presents are few and far between. I had the Demo hair and mask, and the achieve items.

XeroSauce

Blizzard said:
So wait, the boss has actually deimproved the quality of the TF2 community? D:

Remembe rthe rush for presents? Well, now imagine a huge hill that both teams have to climb, and then waiting for about 20 seconds on top of that hill.

The dickwad theory prevails. People won't just sit still, they HAVE to kill you.

Sanic

Took longer than it should have to get the new achievements because of people continuing to kill each other when the boss was out.

Nice haul for tonight though. Buzz Killer, Seal Mask, and B-ankh!

Honestly I feel like this event is pretty disappointing. Doubt I'll play it as much as I did Mann Manor. It doesn't help that I'm not really a big fan of Viaduct. Hopefully next year they do a payload map.

Proven

XeroSauce said:
Remembe rthe rush for presents? Well, now imagine a huge hill that both teams have to climb, and then waiting for about 20 seconds on top of that hill.

The dickwad theory prevails. People won't just sit still, they HAVE to kill you.
My big issue is that I can't trust them to not kill me!

Kerrby

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Yup, just hop on a server running the /manor map and kill the HHH.

Am I the only one who can kill the Horseman or can I injure the horseman and someone else kill him like the monocules?

Zomba13

Kerrby said:
Am I the only one who can kill the Horseman or can I injure the horseman and someone else kill him like the monocules?
Same as the eye. Just need to be doing damage when he dies/near the very end of his life.
Need to melee him to get the unusual metal to make the Demoman Axe, Skull or Voodoo Juju.

Kerrby

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Same as the eye. Just need to be doing damage when he dies/near the very end of his life.
Need to melee him to get the unusual metal to make the Demoman Axe, Skull or Voodoo Juju.

Cheers, off to hopefully find a server to get that (Y).

Also with all this shit, am I just going to have a bunch of dead weight in my backpack I can only use 12 times a year...

Gotta buy an extender now...

Exuro

SteveWinwood said:
Also with all this shit, am I just going to have a bunch of dead weight in my backpack I can only use 12 times a year...

Gotta buy an extender now...
I have two for trade. :p

Top Bottom