• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Apparently the soldier gets a bunch of extra lines when he has the whole robot suit equipped. The engineer talks with a high pitched voice when he has his full set and the demoman's Kaboom taunt is replaced with a howl when he has his set. Now I must get them all!

[EDIT] I think this one is my favorite: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/8/81/Soldier_robot20.wav

These are pretty good too:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/7/7d/Soldier_robot26.wav
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/a/a4/Soldier_robot28.wav
The last one cracked me up. Is the line about candy also ingame, or only in the comic?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I assumed of course while wearing the costume it modifies your chat Degroot-style by ending everything in beep boop.

Beep boop.

webrunner

Does having it "haunted" do anything except say the word "Haunted" and have purple text? I got a haunted ascot that I wish I could wear all the time.

XeroSauce

I want the costume sets so bad. All of it.

The fact that they are easier to get then normal hats, AND they include weapon reskins, is driving me nuts.

OMG Aero

Yeef said:
I broke down and bought the Apparition and the soldier costume from the store. The Apparition isn't holiday locked, so that's cool.
Is it just me or is the texture for that broken?
In both the store preview and in itemtest the head isn't transparent for me and instead it has an animated flame texture on it.

Borgnine said:
Oh god I love him so much. :(

I HAVE CHILDREN. GIVE US CANDY. IT IS THE LAW!
Hey Borgnine did you see my photoshop?

em7Wu.jpg

Sianos

I guess I'll try and hunt down the Scout set because that's what I do. Play Scout.

I still have my two gifts to open: hope I get something good.

You can trade costume parts, right?

is there any "cheap" ways to get the gifts? i really dont wanna play scout but after last nights experience it seems that may be my only choice to collect a few (besides trading/buying which i got raped enough today so not in the mood for that)

OMG Aero said:
Is it just me or is the texture for that broken?
In both the store preview and in itemtest the head isn't transparent for me and instead it has an animated flame texture on it.
seems that the problem may lie when running the game in DirectX 8.

JackFrost said:
is there any "cheap" ways to get the gifts? i really dont wanna play scout but after last nights experience it seems that may be my only choice to collect a few (besides trading/buying which i got raped enough today so not in the mood for that)
If we could get together enough people to get in The Waiting Room and put a password on it, we could just take turns every time a gift spawns.

Still gonna be super goddamn slow, though.

Togglesworlh said:
If we could get together enough people to get in The Waiting Room and put a password on it, we could just take turns every time a gift spawns.

well ill be firing up tf2 now just to play... im down for that later when everyone else is on, but i really dont see that flying with alot of people

Sianos

JackFrost said:
Yes, join the Scouts, Jack! We have fish!

The waiting room sounds like a good idea, I'd love to join in. Just some casual practice and free hats for everyone!

equil said:
Anyone know why my game wont launch?

It says "Preparing to launch Team Fortress 2..." and it never goes away.
That's happened to me before. Exiting Steam, deleting clientregistry.blob (only thing I do at the sign of a Steam problem), and starting Steam back up fixed it.

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:

Is it limited to the number of people like the last event?

And if we do that, won't everyone in the world report us, and Valve's new super secret Stern Warning will shut us down as a server that's doing evil cooperation stuff to get people items, etc. etc.?

Blizzard said:

And if we do that, won't everyone in the world report us, and Valve's new super secret Stern Warning will shut us down as a server that's doing evil cooperation stuff to get people items, etc. etc.?
Yes and no.

Yeef

Blizzard said:

Having a password on the server isn't abuse. Valve doesn't want to see thing like last year where server admins were freezing everyone but themselves, using noclip, etc. until they found the gift.

I hear that night time is actually doing that this year. All non-premium members are frozen when gifts spawn. Hopefully Valve has removed their ability to get gift drops. That would be grand.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Having a password on the server isn't abuse. Valve doesn't want to see thing like last year where server admins were freezing everyone but themselves, using noclip, etc. until they found the gift.

I hear that night time is actually doing that this year. All non-premium members are frozen when gifts spawn. Hopefully Valve has removed their ability to get gift drops. That would be grand.
But...YOU'RE an admin. You could freeze us and get the gifts for yourself. I mean, they're shiny gifts. You DO like gifts, don't you?

PRECIOUSSSSS

It also refers to people with ten idle accounts just using them to farm the stuff.

I actually detest the idea of farming, but unlike last year's dumb paper bags, I actually quite like this year's costumes. I wish they were ugly so I could ignore them. ):

Shame they're only usable at certain times, though. That may eventually drive me to give up. Probably will, actually.

Javaman

Togglesworlh said:
It also refers to people with ten idle accounts just using them to farm the stuff.

I actually detest the idea of farming, but unlike last year's dumb paper bags, I actually quite like this year's costumes. I wish they were ugly so I could ignore them. ):

Shame they're only usable at certain times, though. That may eventually drive me to give up. Probably will, actually.
Why not go ahead and make the leap right now? It'll savve a lot of hassle. By the time y.ou get what you want you won't be able to wear it anyways. Valve must have hired some fucker from zynga to come up with these ideas.

webrunner

i asked this a page or 2 ago with no answer maybe this time.
I got me a cremators conscience but its craft #d..if i slap a name/description tag will that get rid of the craft# and crafter?

JackFrost said:
I got me a cremators conscience but its craft #d..if i slap a name/description tag will that get rid of the craft# and crafter?
You can get rid of the crafted by text by clicking the "Restore" button while selecting it. Dunno about the craft # but likely not.

XeroSauce

JackFrost said:

If you use a name tag, the number dissappears. If you remove the name tag, the number and the original name gets restored.

You can also remove the crafter by pressing Restore in the backpack.

Javaman said:
Why not go ahead and make the leap right now? It'll savve a lot of hassle. By the time y.ou get what you want you won't be able to wear it anyways. Valve must have hired some fucker from zynga to come up with these ideas.
Yeah, I know.

They're so awesome this time around, too. ):

JackFrost said:
If the number's low enough you could probably trade it away for the same hat without the number plus more.

Tenck said:
Hurry up and make the waiting room fun!

I need to complete the Spy set like now.
I dunno how to add a password as a regular ol' admin, or even if I can. Also I'm about to leave for a couple hours. Someone else will have to do it.

Deadbeat

Banned
5 times in a row I got killed while in loot island. Now I just started killing people trying to get to loot island to fuck them over.

Does anyone know a group of people I can play with that arent retarded? Id actually like to get at least one item.

edit: nvm found an awesome teamwork server.

Zomba13

Found 2 haunted items now. Haunted medics Jarate and haunted spy goggles.

Is the only difference between these and normal costume parts the name colour? Like vintage and genuine things?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dr. Pangloss said:
Hey Borgnine did you see my photoshop?

em7Wu.jpg
I love it. They have the Mann Ghost, Saxton Hale, the Director, and Francis the talking France.

I am currently about to imply Opperation "I want ALL the gifts"

Step 1) Have 10 accounts, check
Step 2) Have real server. Got a 3 day trial, now to try and configure it properly.
Step 3) Pray it works
Step 4) Profit!

Tenck

Zomba13 said:
Found 2 haunted items now. Haunted medics Jarate and haunted spy goggles.

Is the only difference between these and normal costume parts the name colour? Like vintage and genuine things?

The Spy goggles are bad. I am nice enough to take them off your hands!

The Spy is my least played class too, so I'll make them suffer in my backpack.
PBe2D.jpg

Top Bottom