• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

1BB965732777C2DB00DAC3F52B7A95142A09C9FA

F811B5F1F7E749AD88A9718D4E6C3F4C265BAD30

D8FB36917D6F4A164D6F87633676D162284C2AD4

01709BCE40224B23583C630AD45F3ECEBF00A180

EA3296B6714B933B68A6AF6AA288149549627026

Proven

I'm sorry guys, but I have this unhealthy reflex to a bunch Scouts that just makes mini sentries pop out of me. Maybe it's an allergy.

Yeef

n0b hates Halloween.

Also, apparently the gifts can spawn in the underworld. There's a little area past the door to the right where a gift will sometimes spawn.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
n0b hates Halloween.

Also, apparently the gifts can spawn in the underworld. There's a little area past the door to the right where a gift will sometimes spawn.
n0b hates EVERYTHING. ;(

Also, is there any way to trade or craft a backpack extender? I'm on a never-ending quest to not buy things in the Mann Co. store but I fear the backpack size will be the death of me.

Blizzard said:
n0b hates EVERYTHING. ;(

Also, is there any way to trade or craft a backpack extender? I'm on a never-ending quest to not buy things in the Mann Co. store but I fear the backpack size will be the death of me.
You can trade for them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am so confused...

Lets start, is the full moon some in game thingy, or do they mean the night of an actual full moon? How many thinys were added?

It is a shame some of these things are holiday restircted, a lot of the Misc Items are pretty nice.

Yeef

I want the full soldier set. It's the best one, in my opinion. Pyro is a close second. Also, as always, you can probably use the Halloween stuff when tf_forced_holiday is set to 2, which it always is on both servers when a Halloween map comes up.

Forkball said:
Supposedly if you have a full Haunted set you can wear them all year round.

Supposedly.
Goddammit. They're going to make me buy that pack in the store. I'm busy all this weekend! And yes I know it goes till the 7th, but I'm probably not going to play as many video games come November. Way too much shit on my plate.

got my achievements quickfast (except gibus...not sure if there is one) but cant get a hold of any of the gifts....every server is 10000000 scouts and my dumb pyroass :/

Loam

So do the haunted costume pieces you pick up in the underworld do anything? I managed to grab an emerald jerate (medi-pack piece) yet as far as I can tell it doesn't have any special cosmetic or gameplay effects. Is it simply name color only?

Smithy C

Well, I'm bummed out about not being able to play TF2. Missing out on free stuff sucks. Happened with the Manniversary update too. Anyone know if I'll get all the stuff when I log back on in December, or do I have to log on during Halloween?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Smithy C said:
Well, I'm bummed out about not being able to play TF2. Missing out on free stuff sucks. Happened with the Manniversary update too. Anyone know if I'll get all the stuff when I log back on in December, or do I have to log on during Halloween?
Pretty sure you have to log on during Halloween :(

Not sure what your situation is in regards to not being able to log in currently, but do you have anyone you trust that could log in for you to at least get the basic freebie?

Smithy C

Zerokku said:
Pretty sure you have to log on during Halloween :(

Not sure what your situation is in regards to not being able to log in currently, but do you have anyone you trust that could log in for you to at least get the basic freebie?

Rats! Naw, I'd totally be paranoid about letting someone into my Steam account with my CC things and such on there. It's cool, there's totally going to be 24/7 EYE BATTLE servers in December and I'll be able to play around with it then.

Smithy C said:
Rats! Naw, I'd totally be paranoid about letting someone into my Steam account with my CC things and such on there. It's cool, there's totally going to be 24/7 EYE BATTLE servers in December and I'll be able to play around with it then.
Yeah I wouldn't fret it. There's always next year. An ugly eyeball hat and a book to put on your body that explodes your body upon death aren't worth the risk.

awwyeahgurrl said:
All of the items are wearable outside of halloween right, otherwise I don't think I'll bother.
There are a couple legitimate hats/weapons in the store that came out now, but I'm getting the impression that the rest of the Halloween costume stuff is extremely limited in usability.

divisionbyzorro said:
WHAT. WHAT. I need to know if this is confirmed or not.

If true, I may not sleep all week hunting down a Pyro and Sniper set.
so far not true, people have equipped the entire haunted set and restriction still appears on the items descriptions plus no effects even when wearing the whole haunted set

The Omega Man said:
so far not true, people have equipped the entire haunted set and restriction still appears on the items descriptions plus no effects even when wearing the whole haunted set

Okay then.

So...the only thing that's usable long-term in all of this is the Bombinomicon? Plus a Holy Mackerel reskin and a YEW reskin and some new hats.

MEH! At least the bag hats were undeniably ugly. The fact that my Pyro wings can only be worn at Halloween is remarkably disappointing. I'll probably keep them all through the event and then unload them either to the Warehouse or on trading sites just to get something useful.

The Omega Man said:
You might have to have a set.... of all of them.

My game keeps validating Steam files whenever I start it. It says 100% complete but apparently it's not done until it closes? (!!!)

It worked last night. IDK

Blizzard

Banned
You gamers these days, wanting to wear your hats 12 times a year on full moons and holiday weekends and what not, back in MY day we didn't even HAVE hats except for one day a year, on Hat'o'ween, and we CRIED with happiness! And now you have more hats than you can shake a stick at, and let me tell you, we shook lots of sticks back in the day, since we couldn't afford actual weapons, and sticks were all we HAD.

Yeef

Apparently the soldier gets a bunch of extra lines when he has the whole robot suit equipped. The engineer talks with a high pitched voice when he has his full set and the demoman's Kaboom taunt is replaced with a howl when he has his set. Now I must get them all!

[EDIT] I think this one is my favorite: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/8/81/Soldier_robot20.wav

These are pretty good too:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/7/7d/Soldier_robot26.wav
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/a/a4/Soldier_robot28.wav

Firebrand

Really? Hmm. Tempted to get Engy or Soldier then, gotta check out what the other sets do.

Gonna be a pain in the ass though, spent quite a while on the viaduct_event and got nothing. :/ And it's not a fun map, I wasn't crazy about manor but I much prefer that one to this.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeef said:
Apparently the soldier gets a bunch of extra lines when he has the whole robot suit equipped. The engineer talks with a high pitched voice when he has his full set and the demoman's Kaboom taunt is replaced with a howl when he has his set. Now I must get them all!

[EDIT] I think this one is my favorite: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/8/81/Soldier_robot20.wav

These are pretty good too:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/7/7d/Soldier_robot26.wav
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/a/a4/Soldier_robot28.wav
MUST GET FULL SOLDIER SET. BEEP BOOP.

Top Bottom