• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
XeroSauce said:
You can also remove the crafter by pressing Restore in the backpack.
Ah... I guess that's why my Team Captain has a number but no crafter.

I try not to get crafted items from tf2wh... because I'm obsessive compulsive about stupid shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Valve will patch the update with more stuff. That flyswatter in the Soldier's hand in the Promotional image looks like it should be a weapon, and only 3 of the sets have any effect.

webrunner

Drkirby said:
I wonder if Valve will patch the update with more stuff. That flyswatter in the Soldier's hand in the Promotional image looks like it should be a weapon, and only 3 of the sets have any effect.

You think we need an eye patch perhaps?

Sianos

First time through made it to Loot Island and got my Econecronomicon! Hooray!

Already at three gifts from an hour: no one seems to know their way around Viaduct. :p

I was gnna try hitting the restore...wasnt sure if it would smelt my action figures (they action figures...NOT DOLLS!!) ...good to know i can do that safely.

now i just need some description and name tags.

fallengorn said:
I try not to get crafted items from tf2wh... because I'm obsessive compulsive about stupid shit.

Im same way thats why i asked...i got one item besides the conscience thats crafted and that was by me so that one gets a pass...otherwise i want clean

Clydefrog

JackFrost said:
guys listen....i just got a crafted item and was wondering if i can get rid of the text??

Sorry, but if you crafted it, you're stuck with it there. If it was a gift, you'd be able to get rid of the "gifted by" text though.

mojiimbo

I think it's just a different, less common text color like Genuine or Vintage. I think you get it from grabbing the gift in the underworld.

Okay. Pretty sure I'm done with TF2 for a couple of weeks. I got the achievements, got the Bombinomicon, and I have no desire to deal with Scout-infested boss-overrun matches for a while. Time to finally play Batman!

Blizzard

Banned
Sweet, just got on the server...crashed like 45 seconds later. Is there any way to even play the game now? :/

*edit* Reconnect! Portal vanishes before I get to it! Cable modem...goes out, and I have to wait like 5 minutes to reconnect. EFFFF

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay. Pretty sure I'm done with TF2 for a couple of weeks. I got the achievements, got the Bombinomicon, and I have no desire to deal with Scout-infested boss-overrun matches for a while. Time to finally play Batman!
And people being dicks playing this map 24/7. I got Xenoblade today, so might as well just play that.

Even though I'm one of those Scouts on server, still pretty hard to get the gifts regardless.
I haven't got any actually. Probably taking a break as well. Halloween...Fuck Halloween events drop.

Blizzard

Banned
After crashing, reconnecting, resetting my cable modem, and reconnecting, I can't change my loadout. I tried 'retry' -- didn't help either.

WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY LOADOUT ;_;

mojiimbo

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Fixed the randommap command not working when used on the command line
Fixed a client crash that could occur while loading the map if MONOCULUS! is killed or stunned

Blizzard said:
After crashing, reconnecting, resetting my cable modem, and reconnecting, I can't change my loadout. I tried 'retry' -- didn't help either.

WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY LOADOUT ;_;
Boycott, that'll teach Valve.

Quitting to apply the update. It was cool getting to play Eyeaduct, even though I haven't gotten either of the achievements for it yet. Also, I finally realized why the bosses are purple in this game: Because they're a combination of Red and Blue, which are the colors of the two teams. I feel stupid for not having noticed this earlier...

Blizzard

Banned
I swear it's been ages since Steam has been this messed up. Tried to launch TF2 again to force the update. Doesn't work. Tried to quit the client. Client won't restart. Tried restarting the client. Client won't restart. Went into task manager, killed Steam.exe, now cannot connect to the Steam network.

WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO

Loam

I'm kind of surprised Valve didn't learn anything from the crapshoot that was last Halloween's gift drops. It seems like half the servers I connect to consist of nothing but scouts with the occasional asshole admin who will noclip into the underworld when a gift spawns there. A better way to give the things out IMO would be to have everyone who helped kill monoculous have a chance at randomly finding one.

Acerac

Banned
Is there any incentive whatsoever to work together to kill the eye once one already has the achieve? If not this holiday is gonna have a LOT of bitching.

I can't wait!

Blizzard

Banned
The client itself crashed on me after I tried restarting it after changing the download region. Now I finally got the client restarted and logged in again, and it's still stuck trying to even launch TF2.

*edit* Finally it went through. I'm scared of Valve flipping the wrong button and permanently deleting Steam. Given buggy stuff like this, I'm almost convinced offline mode wouldn't work. >_>

Acerac said:
Is there any incentive whatsoever to work together to kill the eye once one already has the achieve?
Not really. Some gifts do spawn in the underworld, but that doesn't require killing the eye. It does require killing people so they don't take your gift.

Fuck Halloween.

Acerac

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Not really. Some gifts do spawn in the underworld, but that doesn't require killing the eye. It does require killing people so they don't take your gift.

Fuck Halloween.
Oh my... :)

Acerac

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I already got the Monoculus/Bombanomicon cheesemint, so I never have to do another Eyeaduct stage again. Good times.
I already got those achievements, so now I get to play that map constantly and use engineer. :D

Proven

If you hate dealing with Scouts, just go Engy. Nothing's stopping you from building mini sentries, just like nothing's stopping them from going Scout.

Sianos

Proven said:
If you hate dealing with Scouts, just go Engy. Nothing's stopping you from building mini sentries, just like nothing's stopping them from going Scout.

Acerac said:
I already got those achievements, so now I get to play that map constantly and use engineer. :D

You are both terrible people!

Don't make me learn how to douche ring!

Proven said:

They move in packs, like piranhas! My lone minisentry is ineffective!

EDIT: And I am officially done with Halloween 2012. I really hope Valve doesn't make these items useable outside of the Halloween window since I went ahead and cashed out. I will spend the next two weeks in Arkham City and return when TF2 is back to normal.

was just playing eyeaduct and some dude started raging over getting killed in the underworld (rightfully so,every1 was playing no kill there xept for a couple douches) and he was all "fuck this im putting a sentry down there!!!!"....dunno if he did or even could but his rage was hilarious

n0b

6ojy36.png

Maybe I'll go play some 24/7 2fort or something.

JackFrost said:
was just playing eyeaduct and some dude started raging over getting killed in the underworld (rightfully so,every1 was playing no kill there xept for a couple douches) and he was all "fuck this im putting a sentry down there!!!!"....dunno if he did or even could but his rage was hilarious

I tried that when I was countering Proven's mini sentry jerk-ness with my own mini sentry jerk-ness last night. Underworld is a no build zone!

Also, people were complaining about me killing them in the purple portal. QQ MORE. What're you going to do when you got out of that portal? Kill MY TEAM!

I, however, did not kill anyone on the book portal.

ArtistDude88 said:
I tried that when I was countering Proven's mini sentry jerk-ness with my own mini sentry jerk-ness last night. Underworld is a no build zone!

Also, people were complaining about me killing them in the purple portal. QQ MORE. What're you going to do when you got out of that portal? Kill MY TEAM!

I, however, did not kill anyone on the book portal.

:( man the RAGE that would go on over a sentry down there would be great...These kids were morons though. thered be a pocketed heavy blasting away at mono and some stupid spy would backstab them, then the whole server would be all "derp why he always getting away".

I had to succumb to going scout just cause i want the haunted pyro set

Sianos

The powah's going out!

Too many Engies toasters!

EDIT: Now TF2 has to be "validated". Don't steal all the spots!

EDIT 2: And off goes the power again! Looks like no TF2 for me tonight!

Clydefrog

Hadn't logged on my idler in like a month. I left it idling for over 24 hours and got TWO items. What the hell?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -nosound -textmode +sv_password "ffffffffff" +map cp_dustbowl

any problems?

Top Bottom