• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

NBtoaster said:
Really wish they would fix the scoreboard crash.
FYI, they released a Steam Beta update last week that's supposed to fix this. Why it's a Steam issue and not a TF2 issue, I cannot say, but just go to steam > settings and opt-in to the beta client. See if that fixes it.

mojiimbo said:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Fixed the randommap command not working when used on the command line
Fixed a client crash that could occur while loading the map if MONOCULUS! is killed or stunned
Hey, I posted on the mailing list about that like 4 months ago. Perhaps I have affected positive change!

Of course, now it's moot, since this new host doesn't let us edit the command line directly, unlike the old host. Oh, well.

Tenck said:
Already bored with this update. Tired of scouts and shitty monoculous who doesn't have a back to backstab.
I don't know why people expect to play the same map 24/7 for two weeks and NOT get bored. The Halloween map was fun for what it is, I think, and it'll be fun down the line when it comes up like once every 3rd week. Don't burn yourself out on it.

ArtistDude88 said:
I, however, did not kill anyone on the book portal.
I killed three people the first time I went to Loot Island. They were all covered in Jarate and ahead of me and I was afraid that the book was first come, first served, like the random gifts. When it turned out that it wasn't, I felt bad a little, I guess.

Blizzard

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I feel like trolling. Time to go to Eyeaduct and make a level 3 sentry.
Why would you do this? I almost wish there was a way to instagib people who kill in the underworld area, considering you're not even doing anything but stopping other people from having a chance at achievements and items. You can always play non-event servers instead of trying to screw over other GAF people. :/

Always kill everybody in the Underworld! Otherwise they emerge with uber-kritz-borgninelovin and will wreck your teammates!

EDIT: Okay, maybe not on day one or two. Starting day three, you've had your shot at the achievement. Now you should be denied free godmode.

Blizzard

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Always kill everybody in the Underworld! Otherwise they emerge with uber-kritz-borgninelovin and will wreck your teammates!

EDIT: Okay, maybe not on day one or two. Starting day three, you've had your shot at the achievement. Now you should be denied free godmode.
I basically couldn't even play yesterday thanks to getting home from work at like midnight, so thanks for giving me an extra day or two respite. =P

Sianos

Professor Beef said:
I feel like trolling. Time to go to Eyeaduct and make a level 3 sentry.
Good thing there are no good sentry spots on Viaduct! Even that one spot that ruins a Scout's day is destroyed by a semicompetent Demo. And of course, there's a giant eyeball spamming rockets, which always helps.

Thank god you can't build or stay in in the underworld/Loot Island.

Blizzard

Banned
Launched TF2! Set it to autojoin server. Waited like 5-10 minutes.

Boom, weird sound plays! Boom, wait like 3-5 minutes for the server to load, and realize it's that glitch where it just shows the menu image, you can presumably hear game sounds, but you CAN'T DO OR SEE ANYTHING INGAME.

Time to try it yet again.

Is my computer possessed with viruses or am I seriously the only one seeing all this crap tonight? :|

Forkball

The Gibus got upgraded to the Ghastlierest Gibus.

Item_icon_Ghastlierest_Gibus.png

I am in no way a big enough troll to build stuff in the Underworld. Fuck the people who kill when Monoculus is dead.

I found another costume piece, the Emerald Jarate, and someone immediately asked if I would trade it to them for a Glengarry Bonnet. Since I don't care about Halloween items, it seemed like a good deal.

Zomba13

Got my third Haunted thing. It's the Demo's wolf face.
Would be nice if the haunted versions could be used any time. Would actually make it worth getting them.

Forkball

I'm already sick of the event. I saw the present three times tonight and didn't get it even though I was clearly over it. It once spawned in the middle, where a ghost was. Four or so players rushed to it and it was a YIKES crawl to the box.

Bakphoon

I played since yesterday afternoon... So many games AND I GOT NO GIFT! Either i get killed, or someone else is faster. I have only my gift from my accounts that i got with the cauldron. D:

Valygar

I am trying to test the halloween sets in the itemset map, but it seems only the headgear and Cosmetic number 1 item are applied. Is it a known error or can I fix it somehow?

I got a bit lucky and found one gift in the underwold, behind the portal. People in that server seemed to not known when it appears in the normal map or the underworld, because they didn't even try to look for it. I also stole another one (from my girlfriend :p), which resulted in haunted spy googles.

Don't know which set should I try to get yet :(

Yeef

Valygar said:
I am trying to test the halloween sets in the itemset map, but it seems only the headgear and Cosmetic number 1 item are applied. Is it a known error or can I fix it somehow?

I got a bit lucky and found one gift in the underwold, behind the portal. People in that server seemed to not known when it appears in the normal map or the underworld, because they didn't even try to look for it. I also stole another one (from my girlfriend :p), which resulted in haunted spy googles.

Don't know which set should I try to get yet :(
item test is for testing models, not mechanics. It actually breaks some mechanics. For example, in itemtest the soda popper gets 6 shots per clip.

Chinner

Banned
so what do all the costume sets do?

solly - makes him speak like a robot
demo - howl taunt
engineer - high pitched voice.

what are the rest??

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Chinner said:

demo - howl taunt

what are the rest??
Maybe Sniper's stab taunt was tweaked? That'd fit his theme.

Yeef

Chinner said:

demo - howl taunt

what are the rest??
The rest don't do anything according to the Wiki. I have the full soldier, scout and sniper sets and didn't notice any difference with the latter two.

Yeef said:
The rest don't do anything according to the Wiki. I have the full soldier, scout and sniper sets and didn't notice any difference with the latter two.
Super lame. So we're 100% sure that this stuff can't be used outside event? Is there a way to mess with the date the engine thinks it is to make sure?

Forkball said:
So.... HHH > Monoculus.

AMIRITE.

I like Monoculus more than HHH since HHH just runs up to you can kills you with one hit. You can run & hide from Monoculus. And Monoculus gives you that Skull island run.

But Mann Manor > Monoculus map. (Mostly because 3 capture points is better than KOTH.)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I play TF2 every now and then, how do I get those annoying ass popups to stop happening? I don't want people challenging me to a duel and I don't care if you've gained an item or whatever.

Bakphoon

I just got ALMOST a gift.. ALMSOST.. if it were not for that noclipping ubered medic.

He just flew down and snatched it right before my eyes :/

CANT FIND ANY GIFTS

saw one spawn (it was transparent for a little while) i stood there and then somehow some other guy who stood there afterwards got it

Tenck

I got the Engineer bug feet. Anyone want to trade it fro Spy goggle or anything spy? (I don't want the scarf, I already have that).

Top Bottom