• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wendel Clark said:
CANT FIND ANY GIFTS

saw one spawn (it was transparent for a little while) i stood there and then somehow some other guy who stood there afterwards got it
Yeah, if multiple people are on it, it will just choose one of them randomly to get the gift.

Tenck said:
I got the Engineer bug feet. Anyone want to trade it fro Spy goggle or anything spy? (I don't want the scarf, I already have that).
I have the spy goggles, and like I said before I would give them to you for free if you wanted.

Forkball

Scouts and then jerks who play engineer.

cppyro.jpg

Proven

Alienups said:
Game feels more like Scout Fortress these days
Nah, on some of the servers I visit, teams have been fighting back with Engy Fortress. And then they start bringing in Demos, and we get Heavy/Medic, and etc. We'll get back to equilibrium by next weekend.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, got 15 of the 27 gift items, 6 of which are Haunted. Still have yet to find ether of the new weapons though.

Javaman

Unfortunately I can't play this weekend since I'm working night shift but I've got to call out Borgnine for his awesomeness...

My new spray,

zw0Cv.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah. It crashed once, and then my PC crashed once. The overhead of 9 text copies of TF2 running on one PC can be a bit of a burden on the normal instance. I let a friend use it after I went to sleep (Left 9 idlers on it), and it worked just fine for the 3 hours he was using it.

I am going to try and have my laptop run the 9 textmode instances of TF2, but I'm not sure if it has enough ram.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Javaman said:
Unfortunately I can't play this weekend since I'm working night shift but I've got to call out Borgnine for his awesomeness...

My new spray,

zw0Cv.jpg
Nice.

I would've drawn you one... but I've been wasting my time farming all day. :\

Drkirby said:
I am going to try and have my laptop run the 9 textmode instances of TF2, but I'm not sure if it has enough ram.
Only need 8 if I join!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Professor Beef said:
Same as my GAF name, minus the space. You should know, you've killed me enough times to see my name!
LLShC.gif
Silly beef, you see the name of the person who kill YOU. Clearly you are not killing Tenck enough.

Blizzard

Banned
Aww, the Javaman spray is adorable.

And that Pyro combine mask is a great idea, but no doubt Valve would never approve it since they'd totally get sued by whoever develops the Half-life series.

classicdms

Neo Member
Blizzard said:

And that Pyro combine mask is a great idea, but no doubt Valve would never approve it since they'd totally get sued by whoever develops the Half-life series.
Good one, Blizz.

In other news, what the hell is the password to Yeef's server right now?

Acerac

Banned
Blizzard said:

Valve ruins everything. =/

Dead Ringer lets you get away with a lot of silly shit, and helps against the "oh no I'm randomly attacked by fire and explosions" that destroys even the best Spy plans

Forkball

I got an e-mail from Youtube saying I can add Google Adsense to my videos to make money. So while you're making your daily visits to my Youtube page to watch my Oscar-worthy TF2 videos, be sure to click on an ad or two in the future.

Yeef

Forkball said:
I got an e-mail from Youtube saying I can add Google Adsense to my videos to make money. So while you're making your daily visits to my Youtube page to watch my Oscar-worthy TF2 videos, be sure to click on an ad or two in the future.
I got that email like a year ago.

Once again, Forkball is late to the party.

now im having problems getting the haunted stuff...It was easy yesterday when no1 could read.....seems people got literate overnight. I will get them all

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
ridiculous

Haha, yeah. That Heavy I got my first backstab on was hilarious.

I know the vid might be a bit boring, but honestly I don't like to cut corners and show people only kills and no deaths. That's what terrible montages are for! I will bore you all to death with random Spy vids!

Edit: I meant to say I don't like to show just segments when I kill people. So you get to see the boring parts of when I have to wait a bit. But my above statements still stands!

Sianos

That round of Eyeaduct (and every other koth map tonight to my dismay) was a classic example of the Engineer Escalation Phenomenon.

It starts with one mini sentry, and usually annoys someone enough that they'll want to get payback. So they'll go Engie. And then the first team will get annoyed, so someone else will go Engie. And then the other team gets fed up, so they pull out a full nest. So the first team does as well. And so on. It got so bad they switched the map midround because no one wanted to play anymore.

The fun of KOTH comes from the freedom the map gives you. Having three engies a team pretty much negates that.

I'm still moderately irritated at whoever's mini killed me on top of a gift. :\

Yeef

NSQuote said:
That round of Eyeaduct (and every other koth map tonight to my dismay) was a classic example of the Engineer Escalation Phenomenon.

It starts with one mini sentry, and usually annoys someone enough that they'll want to get payback. So they'll go Engie. And then the first team will get annoyed, so someone else will go Engie. And then the other team gets fed up, so they pull out a full nest. So the first team does as well. And so on. It got so bad they switched the map midround because no one wanted to play anymore.

The fun of KOTH comes from the freedom the map gives you. Having three engies a team pretty much negates that.

Sentries are the scout's hard counter. of course you hate them. The same way spies hate pyros. I do think that mini-sentries need reduced range, but they're fairly easy to deal with as just about every class.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mini sentries are fine, I feel they are pretty balanced. Really wish Valve would make it so you can place teleport entrances and exits for 100 metal though with Gunslinger.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Mini sentries are fine, I feel they are pretty balanced. Really wish Valve would make it so you can place teleport entrances and exits for 100 metal though with Gunslinger.
If they were limited to level 1 or 2, I could see that being nice to have.

Tenck

NSQuote said:

I don't remember this happening today!

*shifts eyes from side to side*

mrgone

These halloween events would be much less depressing if all the cool stuff wasn't so hard to get :( My no gift streak is still fully intact so far, second year running.

mrgone said:
These halloween events would be much less depressing if all the cool stuff wasn't so hard to get :( My no gift streak is still fully intact so far, second year running.

Just a few tips:
-Play on small servers. Only 10 human players are needed to spawn gifts.
-If you see the message, drop whatever you are doing and start looking around.
-Get your Scout on.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, there is two versions of the message on Eyeaduct, the normal message, and the message saying the gift is in the underworld.

Bakphoon

JackFrost said:
now im having problems getting the haunted stuff...It was easy yesterday when no1 could read.....seems people got literate overnight. I will get them all

Well i was always beaten by noclipping admins. I complained once because of this and i got banned from the server.

Top Bottom