• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Tenck

Yeef said:
Did you already render it, or is it crashing in the editor? If the latter, there's not much you can do. If the former you can find the rendered files in \Steam\steamapps\tenck\team fortress 2\tf\replay\client\rendered.

I haven't rendered it and I've seen it twice so I'm sure it's not the video. It's just Steam crashing on me a lot lately, so it's getting a bit annoying.

bobs99 ... said:
I didn't realise at first that stabbing the knife threw me out of disguise but when I did I got used to it and managed to kill a couple of guys, im pretty sure if I stuck with it I would love the Spy class.

Im more of a Sniper though, unfortunatly my PC seems to have frame rate issues with TF2, (My PC is quite old), so my career has probably come to a quick end. That said it is a pretty damn fun game, I could imagine getting quite into it if my PC allowed me to.

I might head in, my PC is a little crappy though so im not sure how much I would actually play. :/
what kind CPU you got?

Ignore n0b. He's always grumpypants around Halloween. Even when people aren't doing Halloweenie things.

Granted, Halloween is pretty much what triggered the time I quit last year. And I really don't want to play lately. So I'm in the same boat, I guess.

hl2.exe is not responding

divisionbyzorro said:
I play TF2 at 60 FPS on a laptop with an integrated graphics card.

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

Grab the 'maxframes' config, install, and profit.

Modified my post to say, I tried that out and it worked great! I have been having a LOT of fun so far as a Sniper and a Spy. I do intend on trying out all the classes, but I think ill eventually settle on Sniper. I like precision. Managed to get a sweet triple kill (all headshots). In one of my first games after fixing my FPS! Love it.

I think by sticking to the Halloween maps I am missing out on the meat of the game. When does the Halloween event end? Tomorow? While its up I want to take advantage of it but the moment it goes im playing classic TF2

Sanic

Keeping with the tech discussion, is there a reason I wouldn't get a locked 60 fps with a GTX 460, quad core cpu, and 4 gigs of ram? anytime there are plenty of people and projectiles on screen, everything plummets, which doesn't seem right given my system.

Sianos

Boney said:
zombie map suuuuuuuucks

scout and heavy can't do shit

That's not true!

I could cover people in milk, assisting my teammates in the recovery of health!

Yeah, zombie mode was pretty bad. And we were playing Gravelpit, so it was pretty hard to defend with no weapons.

Blizzard

Banned
I crashed a couple of minutes after joining the waiting room, but Yeef claims that downloading the new Steam beta helps fix crashes. Has anyone else tried it?

Sianos

"We pushed him off... we did it!"

"Wait, he's not dead! Keep shooting"

*super jump*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOO, RUUUUUUUN"

Vs. Saxton Hale The Error is BRILLIANT.

NSQuote said:

*super jump*

I was sitting trying to do a super jump and did one by accident. I really hope someone has the replay. All the voices yelling OH MY GOD WHERE IS HE HOW DID HE GET UP HERE OH GOD were hilarious.

EDIT: Forgot about demos. But wait those aren't on the waiting room are they :(

Sianos

SteveWinwood said:
I was sitting trying to do a super jump and did one by accident. I really hope someone has the replay. All the voices yelling OH MY GOD WHERE IS HE HOW DID HE GET UP HERE OH GOD were hilarious.

EDIT: Forgot about demos. But wait those aren't on the waiting room are they :(
Tenck has that replay and the one of Yeef possessing the replay bot.

As amazing as these modes are, we shouldn't overplay them or else they'll start to feel stale. Don't let this be the next Pacman!

Tenck

NSQuote said:
Tenck has that replay and the one of Yeef possessing the replay bot.

As amazing as these modes are, we shouldn't overplay them or else they'll start to feel stale. Don't let this be the next Pacman!

Will try to go through all the replays :p

I downloaded a bunch since today was so fun with all the shenanigans lol.

Edit: Got some good news guys for the Saxton Hale one
Since it was a custom map, replays are worthless :'(

And Quote
Replay of the bot getting you cut a bit short for no reason

Tenck said:
Will try to go through all the replays :p

I downloaded a bunch since today was so fun with all the shenanigans lol.

Edit: Got some good news guys for the Saxton Hale one
Since it was a custom map, replays are worthless :'(

And Quote
Replay of the bot getting you cut a bit short for no reason
Nooooooo. Oh well.

Forkball

A night of broken plug-ins and dreams.

519F2F8C38F33C2924DA88CBA09AF96921831B63

6CFB4D64E5950DB83B598F81799D06430B161332

Yeef

I dumped so many plugins on the server that they've created some kind of uber-jank at a level we've never seen before!

Behold, just a small portion of the Jank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pZjakY2VQ&hd=1

NSQuote said:
That's not true!

I could cover people in milk, assisting my teammates in the recovery of health!

Yeah, zombie mode was pretty bad. And we were playing Gravelpit, so it was pretty hard to defend with no weapons.
The zombie mode has yet to actually work properly. That one round on watermill, though, literally had me in hysterics. Even now, just thinking about it makes me chuckle uncontrollably. Everyone running around as civilians, no one able to attack, everyone being team switched 10 times a second, no one able to heal or use the resupply lockers. The Jank was magnificent!

NSQuote said:

*super jump*

Also, I got a replay of that, but whenever I try to load it up TF2 crashes :(

[EDIT] If anyone else wants to see if it actually works for them, here's the file: http://yeef.net/20111030-222252-arena_offblast_final_6677.dem

Tenck

Cloudius12 said:
You must have had the most fun on Hidden in badlands lol

The Hidden is the best mod ever!

I captured my last run of today, and it was glorious. Goomba stomped a Soldier. Finished it in like 2:30 minutes too haha.

fallengorn said:
AWWWWWW YEEEAAAHHHHHHH

(Too bad the mod doesn't work well.)
The highlander mod is the one that actually works I'm pretty sure. It's probably messing with some of the other mods, especially class warfare, making it so the classes don't come out right.

EDIT:
t5uJ4l.jpg

Stupid red scout stop taking blu's flamethrowers!

MF2icl.jpg

That medic hand was stuck on my screen for the whole round where I was spectating and no one could move other than Hale.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Even though only Yeef and Joe Carter were able to successfully call the lightning, I had a lot of fun. Anytime people start singing Queen or there's bad Schwarzenegger impressions is automatically good times.

We need some prop hunt on the server. That'll be fun.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wow just idled with my cousins account and got a blighted beak and heavy duty rag.

Btw how exactly do u dual idle? I figured out how to use sandboxie so I could just trade with myself on 1 comp but how do text idle with both accts at the same time?

Blizzard

Banned
In case today (or yesterday) is (or was) the birthday of that strange guy who sometimes goes by the name of A Dog Chasing Cars, happy birthday.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Blizzard said:
In case today (or yesterday) is (or was) the birthday of that strange guy who sometimes goes by the name of A Dog Chasing Cars, happy birthday.
His given name is Cockosaurus Rex.

Jarate

Banned
NSQuote said:
Paging Borsalino!

Joking aside, its allowed as long as its quality music.

Bueno, I may make a visit to your guys server every once in a while then

I shall show you the ways of infinitidus

Blizzard

Banned
Jarate said:
Bueno, I may make a visit to your guys server every once in a while then

I shall show you the ways of infinitidus
If I had hldj and everything, I could play Ghostbusters music and Thriller and stuff on the server tonight, but I don't and I'll be home late. :(

Jarate

Banned
with the server I admin on, if people start to get rowdy with micspam and overspamming I spam Tubular Bells and Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull :3

But i'll try to stop by your guys server if I get the hankering to play tf2 and my server has nobody in it

Top Bottom