• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Clydefrog

SteveWinwood said:
MF2icl.jpg

That medic hand was stuck on my screen for the whole round where I was spectating and no one could move other than Hale.

no one else noticed this?
XIsNP.jpg

player outline?

don't know what's going on don't care didn't read saw yeef in a dumb named gaf server tried to join server never connected after waiting 5 minutes ban yeef

Zomba13

Clydefrog said:
no one else noticed this?
http://i.imgur.com/XIsNP.jpg[IMG]

player outline?[/QUOTE]
More like HAXton Hale m i rite?

[spoiler]I'm not right. It's part of the game mode.[/spoiler]

Bluth54

Cloudius12 said:
I don't recall seeing my own teammates when I was playing on arena blast map...

Maybe it is because I have highlight off.

You actually can't see your teammates during vs. Saxton Hale.

It looks like the type of outline you had for your teammates when we were playing The Hidden mod. I think Yeef put so many mods/plugins on the sever it was screwing up, when I played Sawmill earlier in the night when we only had a couple of players it also screwed up and seemed to try and use more then one mod at once for me.

How do i fix the saxton hale error bug? I hope we play more saxton mode today I had a ton a fun yesterday. I promise to sing more Queen and cry when i am saxton because i have no clue how to play as Lord Error.

Technosteve said:
How do i fix the saxton hale error bug? I hope we play more saxton mode today I had a ton a fun yesterday. I promise to sing more Queen and cry when i am saxton because i have no clue how to play as Lord Error.
Artistdude put a link up on the previous page. Alternatively I think, you can jump on the server right now in hopes of it downloading automatically.

OR

http://tf2.gafserver.com/tf/
Downloading everything from materials, model, and sounds and stick them in their respective folders in your tf2 folder.

no longer needs to be called the wait room. Either play room or download room.

Because I thought for a sec I was playing Download Fortress 2!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im not sure if this is the place to put this, even still ill most likely get flamed for this, but im gonna ask anyway

a few days ago, i got a ps2 to usb adapter and i wanted to try out tf2 with it. everything seems to work well except for the right stick. i move my line of sight up and down, but not left and right. is there a way to go about fixing it?

Tenck

Parallax said:
im not sure if this is the place to put this, even still ill most likely get flamed for this, but im gonna ask anyway

a few days ago, i got a ps2 to usb adapter and i wanted to try out tf2 with it. everything seems to work well except for the right stick. i move my line of sight up and down, but not left and right. is there a way to go about fixing it?

Use your mouse.

On a serious note, I have no idea :eek:

You do know you're going to get slaughtered by competent KB+Mouse user right?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Tenck said:
Use your mouse.

On a serious note, I have no idea :eek:

You do know you're going to get slaughtered by competent KB+Mouse user right?

i want to give it a shot. im aware of the consequences. if i dont like it, ill just go back to beasting with pyro as i was before.

Parallax said:

I had the exact same problem and couldn't find a fix. I gave up after a while and just went keyboard/mouse.

Tenck

50 minutes to render an 8 minute video. How lovely.

Hopefully this time it wont crash! Unfortunately I have to settle for the 480p version so I wont take a year rendering :/

Also, want to try and do it as quick as possible before stupid TF2 crashes. Wish me luck guys!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
There's a difference between Prop hunt Proper (no pun intended) and End Round Prop Hunt.
I did not know this. I enjoy end round prop hunt, it is fun. Maybe make it happen randomly.

Drkirby said:
To be honest, I think Prop Hunt should be on the official server, it is great.

Regardless of what you actually meant, this is true.

Also, get rid of the humiliation round altogether. Less time spent wasted on stupid shit, more time spent on new maps.

Woah as a new player all the maps and gameoptions are confusing. Whats the best way to ease into the game? I know they threw in loads of maps as time went on. Whats the best gametype to jump into. What was the defualt gametype which shipped with the game.

Also, how do rounds work? I played 1 round defence, which we won, 1 round offence which we won, but then the game went into another round? Is it best of 5 rounds for the win?

bobs99 ... said:
Woah as a new player all the maps and gameoptions are confusing. Whats the best way to ease into the game? I know they threw in loads of maps as time went on. Whats the best gametype to jump into. What was the defualt gametype which shipped with the game.

Also, how do rounds work? I played 1 round defence, which we won, 1 round offence which we won, but then the game went into another round? Is it best of 5 rounds for the win?

If you were playing Payload, offense lasts more than one round. Most Payload maps have multiple stages; if you stop them on any stage, you immediately move to offense.

And while playing against bots isn't necessarily great for learning how to be effective in combat, it is good for learning how maps and game modes work.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The server you are playing on will determine how the rounds go. Some servers will just set it on the same map for an hour, and keep switching who is on which team. So don't worry about "winning the map", just worry about the round at hand, though some maps have multiple stages to them.

The game shipped with only 6 maps, most of which aren't even that good. The modes were Capture the Flag, Capture Point, and Territorial Control.

To ease into the game, both Payload and Attack/Defend type Capture points are good IMO. If the GAF server starts getting some people, jump onto that.

Just play the maps, and have fun. You would likely be best to stay away from custom maps a bit for now though, but do what you have fun with.

Clydefrog said:
oh

i see.
I do actually use wallhax
do they even exist in tf2? I have no clue. And yeah thats when literally every mod and plugin was running at once. That was the zombie fortress mixed with highlander and saxton hale. Also no one could move. And people were team switching.

Yeef

I made a few changes to the waiting room today, even though I was rudely interrupted a bunch of times by people joining and playing.

• Exclamation (Airhorn) and Boonoo are now admins. bind something to sm_admin to bring up the admin menu.
  • I added Prop Hunt to the server
  • I removed Assassination from the server, since it was causing the majority of the Jank and it sucked anyway.
  • Added the amplifier. You can use it in place of a dispenser. It can't be upgraded and gives anyone standing near it crits instead of health and ammo.
  • At the request of Airhorn, the server is now setup for both 6v6 and Highlander PuGs (games with the comp ruleset). The server uses the ESEA item whitelist and the UGC Config files. A quick guide on how to set the server to PUG mode is outlined below.

81CF71C6065F29B517A2C10BE6155ACEE5B80D93

02F25EB205F31862A08BDEB2075B3AF476DD3D25

C1D89B12D783F1C4B17BA344DDC49D4743E23135

536046D873237B6B5F6B05B433B9AD9F2A9A6551

0C537928D7D1CE2C88C4F1BFD3137941C829FBE0

Initially, only 5cp maps will be shown for 6v6 and A/D for Highlander. Once the server is switched over you can then change to other maps.

9E95462001B003D8E1DABE8FB919EA81CEFEA267

AC70F27B2265B99B264CF7E16349068960B1C1C9

When the server is in PUG mode, the hostname will change to reflect it. In 6v6 the max player count will also drop down to 12. The server will also be locked with the standard password:
quote this post and check the "email" tag to see the password

E8087C9AD704CA2B92D22E7EB2DC9C0F851E3D93

To change back to 'normal' mode or just change map, hit up the ultimate map chooser menu again, just as last time:

6CE2A055D14897336E5DB1E9BDF845699CFB4C9F

Class limits for 6v6 are listed here (3rd engineer spot is only for shifting classes around. Engineer is limited to 2).
Class limits for highlander are pretty obvious.

[EDIT] Almost forgot, while the server is in PUG mode SourceTV is enabled and demos will be auto-recorded and [eventually] uploaded to the site here and here.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is it possible to have the taunt crit timer extended in Saxton mode?

Also there are a variety of better custom maps for Hale that I don't know the names of.

Clydefrog

what'd you think of that server i brought you to, cloudius?

it's not bad. tonight wasn't even that tough (i just played really bad!!!). after the halloweenadanza, it should be back to its competitive self.

Clydefrog said:
what'd you think of that server i brought you to, cloudius?

it's not bad. tonight wasn't even that tough (i just played really bad!!!). after the halloweenadanza, it should be back to its competitive self.
everyone was free, they don't know anything about Tf2.

They played alright

I was still working on adjusting my fps and settings, so I got bodied hard.

Even then that sniper kept getting me CalledVexed or something like that.

Top Bottom