• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

(._.)

Banned
Thanks yeef.

I'm going to make a thread here and a steam group on Wednesday I believe. Everybody here is welcome to play highlander and 6v6. We can run some casual competitive tf2 games every now and then and I think a lot of people will have fun.

Blizzard

Banned
(._.) said:
Thanks yeef.

I'm going to make a thread here and a steam group on Wednesday I believe. Everybody here is welcome to play highlander and 6v6. We can run some casual competitive tf2 games every now and then and I think a lot of people will have fun.
Can we burst into the server, crash the party, interrupt the middle of 6v6 and highlander tournaments, and play prophunt mode? Best of all worlds! ;p

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
How are you selecting admins Yeef? Don't want to be one now, just curious.
Arbitrary whims!

In the case of Airhorn, it was his idea, so it only made sense. And Boonoo I know plays (or used to) Comp.

Jarate

Banned
Im going to warn you guys about comp play

PC comp play turns people into MOBA players. They blame everyone but themselves and if you're new to competitive you will get bitched at immensely. Stay away from it unless you're doing the ETF2L thing. DO NOT GO ONTO LOBBIES WITHOUT 5 OTHER PEOPLE YOU KNOW. These are the worst humans ive ever had the displeasure of playing with

other then that, good luck guys, Comp tf2 is fun as hell, too bad the community for it is awful too. Just stay away from TF2 Lobbies if you can, and try setting up scrims before actually playing the games

also, rdon't fall in the comp rut, Heavies and engis and spies are very effective in low level clan play, in fact, Ive played Heavy on Tf2 Lobbies and destroyed shit, just don't get stuck in the 1 medic, 1 demo, 2 scouts, and 2 soldiers thing. Vary it up and instead of looking for specific classes, look for players who are really good.

You'll need a medic though as medic is the most important part of comp tf2, also always run a demoman and at least 1 soldier, everything else is up to you guys

Just ask questions if you guys need any help :3

Clydefrog

TF2 just isn't clicking anymore. Maybe it's the Halloween event that killed it for me, I dunno

holy shit - the window washers are outside my office right now!! crazy bastards!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I don't really like the idea of the 6v6 comp rules. Maybe that will be what it takes to get people on the real gaf server.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I played some 6v6 (by coincidence) on a Reddit server yesterday. It wasn't an organized game or anything, but I really enjoyed it. Far more intense than your typical pub game.

Jarate

Banned
6v6 is fine, it's just the community is awful

it's a great way for players who are good to play against other players who are good and provides a ton of competition to a game that really lacks competition. If you have two groups of friends playing 6v6, it's fun as hell, if you're playing with low level comp players who all think their carnage, then no, it is not fun

Clydefrog

ArtistDude88 said:
Eew, comp leagues? I remember back in the day doing CS comps... Dark period of my life :(

I remember team practices. The fuck?! I would always leave 10 minutes into it; "this is dumb..."

(._.)

Banned
Jarate said:
Im going to warn you guys about comp play

PC comp play turns people into MOBA players. They blame everyone but themselves and if you're new to competitive you will get bitched at immensely. Stay away from it unless you're doing the ETF2L thing. DO NOT GO ONTO LOBBIES WITHOUT 5 OTHER PEOPLE YOU KNOW. These are the worst humans ive ever had the displeasure of playing with

other then that, good luck guys, Comp tf2 is fun as hell, too bad the community for it is awful too. Just stay away from TF2 Lobbies if you can, and try setting up scrims before actually playing the games

also, rdon't fall in the comp rut, Heavies and engis and spies are very effective in low level clan play, in fact, Ive played Heavy on Tf2 Lobbies and destroyed shit, just don't get stuck in the 1 medic, 1 demo, 2 scouts, and 2 soldiers thing. Vary it up and instead of looking for specific classes, look for players who are really good.

You'll need a medic though as medic is the most important part of comp tf2, also always run a demoman and at least 1 soldier, everything else is up to you guys

Just ask questions if you guys need any help :3

Yes. I will try and touch on that in the thread. tf2lobby is a cesspool of tryhards who think they are good, fuckin idiots, and noobs. I rarely ever solo a lobby. If I play there I have a group of people I practice with and we usually crush the other team.

There are a lot of neckbeards that play tf2 comp but they are all easy to troll so I take pleasure in that.

I don't think that should stop anybody from getting into it though if they are interested. It is hard to find a group of cool people that will let you scrim/pug with them but they do exist.

There is a new website like tf2lobby called pubcomp which will hopefully make comp play easy to get into. it has leagues and mentors I believe that will mc lobbies for new players. I have faith that this will hopefully bring in a lot of nice normal people into the scene.

Togglesworlh said:
6v6 is the worst thing to ever happen to TF2.

Stop.

Stop.
--------->

Jarate said:
6v6 is fine, it's just the community is awful

it's a great way for players who are good to play against other players who are good and provides a ton of competition to a game that really lacks competition. If you have two groups of friends playing 6v6, it's fun as hell, if you're playing with low level comp players who all think their carnage, then no, it is not fun
It really is made up of a lot of angry angry men. NeoGAF pugs will be for GAF members and their friends only. I wont be putting the server up on tf2lobby or anything.

(._.)

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
Sorry you have terrible taste.

Actually no I'm not. That's your fault!
apology accepted

i have a feeling you got flamed for being bad on tf2lobby putting you off from comp style play. it it ok. we will get ya good when you play during my pugs next week, don't worry!

(._.)

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
Pretty good so far! :D

are you sure? you seem a bit hostile/bitter about something

Clydefrog said:
what is a pug and what does it mean?

i thought they were those ugly dogs.

pikc up game

used usually in the ESEA for counterstrike, tf, and quake, etc... (I believe)

(._.)

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
You are free to think as much. I certainly can't stop you!
well ok then. just want to let you know you can be open here if you are angry about anything. like say you got owned in tf2 comp and are angry people called you a tard. it is ok, we are nice here =)

(._.) said:
are you sure? you seem a bit hostile/bitter about something.

Didn't we decide he was Tenck's alt? Or ArtistDude's alt? Pretty sure we decided he was somebody's alt.

Firebrand said:
6v6 pugs only, ctf_dogfort (NO CORGINEERS)

Petanarchy4.jpg

(._.) said:
well ok then. just want to let you know you can be open here if you are angry about anything. like say you got owned in tf2 comp and are angry people called you a tard. it is ok, we are nice here =)
You're still wayyyyy off base. When I said "try again" I didn't mean repeat yourself until you're convinced it's true!

EDIT: As proof that your accusation is untrue, I submit Exhibit A: I play MOBA games. ;3

(._.)

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
You're still wayyyyy off base. When I said "try again" I didn't mean repeat yourself until you're convinced it's true!

EDIT: As proof that your accusation is untrue, I submit Exhibit A: I play MOBA games. ;3
i am convinced you are either really bad at tf2 or play league of losers

(._.)

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
You are free to remain convinced! That is your prerogative.

I wish you were more creative with your insults, though.
and convinced I shall remain~ Chances of my insults surpassing how great they already are is as likely as you giving up on being a pseudo-intellectual (twig?).

NihonTiger90 said:
6v6 in TF2 sucks.

But Highlander, I don't mind. I got a nice shiny metal from it.
highlander is so boring though :(

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I was going to make a scumbag steve image, but I'm too lazy. It was going to be:

Halloween gift appear on CP

[scumbag monoculus]

Spawns at CP

Top Bottom