• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Oops, that should read

- Output of status command *NOW* includes registration status, including any error message causing failure

I believe that it should now be abundantly clear when you are successfully registered, and when that state changes. if you see any brokenness in the registration system, please let me know. This event is the first of hopefully more privileges associated with server registration. We want it to work reliably and we apologize for some flakiness this past week.

Also, if you suspect funky characters in your identity are causing complications, use the cl_gameserver_reset_identity command on the client to get a new one. We've changed the identity generation to use a really restricted character set.

A few servers will probably notice that they have been banned.

Your humble servant,
Fletch
I wonder if night team servers got banned :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if my short term server would of gotten banned or not. Guess there is no way to know now.

Or is there a way to check that kind of info on some Valve website?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe valve will add in some effects after Halloween, you can still wear the items once per month.

Edit:
The Riftwalker achievement no longer awards the RIFT Well Spun Hat Claim Code. Now my code is worth something, right? Like, 1/2 a crate?

Grimm Fandango said:
Holy shit I won :0

This is like the 3rd raffle I've ever won.
I've never won anything in a raffle in my life.

But I did win Bingo once! It was a puppet. Big, blue, furry, and only had two legs.

Clydefrog

I won a raffle once. It was a night's stay at the Hyatt and tickets to a football bowl game. I couldn't accept it though since I was going to be in Hawaii during the bowl game. Damn you, Hawaii :lol

http://tf2.com/post.php?id=6687
Enter... MONOCULUS!... AGAIN!
Monoculus is tough for a floating eyeball with no big arms to slap you around with. But apparently he's no match for the TF2 community's passion and ability to kill floating eyeballs. To up the ante, and to challenge those of you who can best Monoculus with one eye tied behind your back, now every time he is defeated, he becomes tougher when he respawns. Go get him! And remember, if he defeats you, it's considered proper etiquette to push away from your computer, ball up your fist, shake it at the ceiling, and shout "MONOCULUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!" as loudly as you can. Don't worry about the police showing up. Well, worry inasmuch as they probably will show up. But once you explain the rules of etiquette to them, they'll likely understand.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
will people actually get on tonight
I fear the novelty of the waiting room has stolen away people who should know better and play on the real server. You should get people to join the real server and then an announcement I shall make!

[EDIT] Also, apparently running a server is a good way to get free stuff! In the last week or so I've gotten Bioshock 2 from Java, Bastion from Garbage Day and a Blighted Beak from Pepper. Not that I don't like free things, but you're probably better off giving stuff to people who are less awesome. 8]

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
EmCeeGramr said:
will people actually get on tonight

I would, but I have class tonight. If people are still playing by the time I get home I'll jump on the server.

Yeef said:
but you're probably better off giving stuff to people who are less awesome. 8]

Like me :D

>.>

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Chinner said:
cna somebody actually tell me what the waiting room is because i have no idea and nobody has told me yet.

Its a secondary server for when 4.0 is full. The thing is more people have been playing on it for all the crazy customs that aren't on 4.0

screenshot20111102at910.png

BillOrilley.fuckingthingsucks.gif

edit: twice in a row!

Blizzard

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
4 times trying to join our server. 4 times crashing.

sigh.
Are you using the Steam beta? Yeef claimed it might fix crashes, but it could be that YEEF IS DIRTY AND DECEPTIVE. As far as I know, there may no longer be any way to play TF2 without it crashing every 5 minutes.

Tenck

Zerokku said:
Its a secondary server for when 4.0 is full. The thing is more people have been playing on it for all the crazy customs that aren't on 4.0

I think we all needed a break from the seriousness.

But we have to go back to the regular server!

Deadbeat

Banned
I opened that stupid rift ticket to see the code and I still have the dumb promo button in my menu, but ill never play rift. Is there any way to get rid of that button? Its haunting me.

Deadbeat said:
I opened that stupid rift ticket to see the code and I still have the dumb promo button in my menu, but ill never play rift. Is there any way to get rid of that button? Its haunting me.
Same thing happened to me. Frankenhud changes the main menu so that the promo button is better incorporated, and you could probably find some way of removing it entirely from the main menu through editing some file, but I'm too lazy and I don't care that much.

Blizzard said:
Are you using the Steam beta? Yeef claimed it might fix crashes, but it could be that YEEF IS DIRTY AND DECEPTIVE. As far as I know, there may no longer be any way to play TF2 without it crashing every 5 minutes.
I don't think I am, but then again, Steam never crashes; just TF2.

Yeef said:
I fear the novelty of the waiting room has stolen away people who should know better and play on the real server. You should get people to join the real server and then an announcement I shall make!

[EDIT] Also, apparently running a server is a good way to get free stuff! In the last week or so I've gotten Bioshock 2 from Java, Bastion from Garbage Day and a Blighted Beak from Pepper. Not that I don't like free things, but you're probably better off giving stuff to people who are less awesome. 8]
I don't think Java was trying to help you.
10B5h.png

GFWL and Securom. Yuck.

Yeef

Dreams-Visions said:
I don't think I am, but then again, Steam never crashes; just TF2.
The Steam patch fixes [some] TF2 crashes related to the Steam overlay. If pressing TAB makes you crash the beta should fix it. It may possibly fix some other crashes as well.

Yeef said:
The Steam patch fixes [some] TF2 crashes related to the Steam overlay. If pressing TAB makes you crash the beta should fix it. It may possibly fix some other crashes as well.
it may be Tab. I use it in OSX to minimize the game window.

Top Bottom