• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

XeroSauce

Can anyone else agree with me that Halloween items should be wearable year round?

Come on. We can wear Dr. Seuss hats but the Invisible Man is a no-no?

Acerac

Banned
XeroSauce said:
Can anyone else agree with me that Halloween items should be wearable year round?

I agree that they should all be wearable year round... other than the eyeball hat. That's a bit over the top for something that is so easy to get.

XeroSauce

Acerac said:
I agree that they should all be wearable year round... other than the eyeball hat. That's a bit over the top for something that is so easy to get.

That, i can agree with. And fixing the Bombimicon working with the YER and energy weapons.

But come on. We're allowed Saxton Mask. We're allowed a god damn Christmas tree hat.

(I just want my sweet sweet ascot and Engi-fly to be year-round)

Acerac

Banned
XeroSauce said:
That, i can agree with. And fixing the Bombimicon working with the YER and energy weapons.

But come on. We're allowed Saxton Mask. We're allowed a god damn Christmas tree hat.

(I just want my sweet sweet ascot and Engi-fly to be year-round)
Trust me, I couldn't agree with you more, I was talking about this a few pages ago. It's not like a cardboard box is really that absurd. Are demon wings that much worse than a plunger being worn on the pyro's head?

Meh.

The only Halloween costumes that I think look good enough to go year-round are the Pyro and Sniper sets (and maybe the Spy set). Everything else is just too silly IMO.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think you can actually wear them for a 3 day period too. Drunken fool said their would be a +/-1 day margin of error so more people can take part in the full moon item wearing. So you should be able to wear it the day before, during, and after, once every 28 days, so 10.7%. Plus, add in the 10 day Halloween event, and you are upto 13% of the year, a very scary number!

Drkirby said:
I think you can actually wear them for a 3 day period too. Drunken fool said their would be a +/-1 day margin of error so more people can take part in the full moon item wearing. So you should be able to wear it the day before, during, and after, once every 28 days, so 10.7%. Plus, add in the 10 day Halloween event, and you are upto 13% of the year, a very scary number!
Kirby sometimes you are my favorite person.

Clydefrog

I can only say thanks for what I imagine are South Park spoilers. My dumb roommate decided to break tv/internet yesterday and I won't get it back until tonight. I wasn't able to watch the South Park episode.

Yeef

FCEF08AAB1C6B82615D946DC6799BC65A33159FB

Replay coming 'soon' (after it finishes rendering for 15 hours and then uploading for another 13)!

Clydefrog said:
I can only say thanks for what I imagine are South Park spoilers. My dumb roommate decided to break tv/internet yesterday and I won't get it back until tonight. I wasn't able to watch the South Park episode.
You learn about how the internet works: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e12-one-percent

The important bit: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/401177/they-took-clyde-frog#tab=featured

Togglesworlh said:
It's okay. South Park sucks, so you're not missing anything.
You're pretty good at having awful opinions.

XeroSauce said:

I tend to disagree.

A one-off item like a single hat (Dr. Suess, or any other hat) doesn't disrupt the flow or change the identity of the characters. They just make for eccentric wear.

The Halloween items are full body changes (hats and matching accessories) that in many cases have taunts to compliment. That's a pretty radical shift in the identity of the characters if left in permanently. Having them restricted to certain events helps to keep the distinction between who the characters are and who they aren't.

The idea of seeing The Fly talking silly and Wolfman howling 365/year is just offensive, tbh.

I would, however, approve of all the hats except the Engie hat for regular implementation into the game. Fly head is too crazy, but the rest aren't too abnormal. But the accessories AND hats together can't all come in. And definitely not with the special taunts.

Dreams-Visions said:
I would, however, approve of all the hats except the Engie hat for regular implementation into the game. Fly head is too crazy, but the rest aren't too abnormal. But the accessories AND hats together can't all come in. And definitely not with the special taunts.

I dunno; the Spy, Scout, and Medic outfits hats aren't so great, and none of the Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, or Engineer gear really works outside of the 'Halloween costume' motif.

But it's part of the character of the Pyro to get crazy stuff to wear, so I like that entire set, and the Sniper set is pretty tasteful too (and pretty awesome).

divisionbyzorro said:
I dunno; the Spy, Scout, and Medic outfits hats aren't so great, and none of the Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, or Engineer gear really works outside of the 'Halloween costume' motif.

But it's part of the character of the Pyro to get crazy stuff to wear, so I like that entire set, and the Sniper set is pretty tasteful too (and pretty awesome).
Pyro is just weird and mysterious. A full-misc devil outfit is too much of a pigeon hole for the character. Burning man wearing a full devil outfit is too convenient and easy.

I think the Solly hat is cute, but w/e.

If I had to chose, I'd say the Sniper, Spy and Solly hats stay. The rest can be tossed. But since that wouldn't be fair to the people who found the other items, they should all be restricted, which I think is fair.

Again, all of them pigeon hole the characters to varying degrees and don't compliment the personalities Valve has worked to nurture and develop over the years. Event restriction = best decision.

Nobody but inbred hillbillies call him "solly". Stop it.

Yeef said:
"It's called being a cynical asshole. I'm afraid there's no cure."
If only you had a real retort and didn't rely on the crutch of other, less intelligent people to make your quote-unquote arguments. TOO BAD, SO SAD.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
If only you had a real retort and didn't rely on the crutch of other, less intelligent people to make your quote-unquote arguments. TOO BAD, SO SAD.
"If only you had a real retort for why opinions are different!"

Logic doesn't work that way!

Yeef said:
"If only you had a real retort for why opinions are different!"

Logic doesn't work that way!
This isn't about opinions. This is about cold hard facts. South Park was written for the unintelligent by the unintelligent.

Don't make me talk about the Zelda timeline again. I'll do it. I HAVE MY FINGER ON THE BUTTON.

Drkirby said:
2 is not a large number IMO.
include the voice changes for the Engie.

Cute for occasions but I'll pass on regular usage. Sorry, that's how I feel about it. Feel free to think different. I won't stop you, just offering my own opinion on the debate.

Togglesworlh said:
Nobody but inbred hillbillies call him "solly". Stop it.
alright but no really, what the fuck is your problem?

the only posts I read from you are these pissy, irritating jabs at our regulars. who the fuck are you? I don't think I've read a single valuable post written by you, ever. If you're having some social adjustment issues, sort them out elsewhere. we're all cool here, and every fucking day I see you wander in here pissing and shitting on everyone and every opinion like a fucking untrained puppy. sorry, you're not important.

Dreams-Visions said:
But since that wouldn't be fair to the people who found the other items, they should all be restricted, which I think is fair.

And that's the real issue; it does have to be all or nothing.

Sadly, because that Sniper hat really is awesome.

Togglesworlh said:
This isn't about opinions. This is about cold hard facts. South Park was written for the unintelligent by the unintelligent.

You're so wrong about this that it hurts. It really does hurt. As in, I'm in pain right now.

Dreams-Visions said:
the only posts I read from you are these pissy, irritating jabs at our regulars. who the fuck are you? I don't think I've read a single valuable post written by you, ever.
I'm that guy who hates TF2 and never plays it. :D

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:

Don't make me talk about the Zelda timeline again. I'll do it. I HAVE MY FINGER ON THE BUTTON.
The term 'unintelligent' itself is subjective. You've already negated your own point in the span of two sentences.

Not only check, but mate as well, sir!

Yeef said:
The term 'unintelligent' itself is subjective. You've already negated your own point in the span of two sentences.

Not only check, but mate as well, sir!
Intelligence isn't really subjective, but it is relative. It would be denying reality to say that there are not people who are less intelligent than other people.

divisionbyzorro said:
You're so wrong about this that it hurts. It really does hurt. As in, I'm in pain right now.
Joke's on you. I'm never wrong!

Togglesworlh said:
I'm that guy who hates TF2 and never plays it. :D
is this...supposed to make me want to smile back?

you're a grade-A fucking douche. at one point I thought maybe you were just having a bad day. but as the days have turned into weeks, it turns out that you're just a weird-ass sociopath that nobody likes. I assume this is probably how you are offline too? Kinda pathetic, bro.

But don't let me stop you from acting like a normal fucking person. You'll be on my ignore list soon.

Dreams-Visions said:
is this...supposed to make me want to smile back?

you're a grade-A fucking douche. at one point I thought maybe you were just having a bad day. but as the days have turned into weeks, it turns out that you're just a weird-ass sociopath that nobody likes. I assume this is probably how you are offline too? Kinda pathetic, bro.

But don't let me stop you from acting like a normal fucking person. You'll be on my ignore list soon.
It's not supposed to make you want to do anything. Feel free to ignore me! Most of the GAF TF2 community is made of hard shit (after all, they play on the GAF server, where everyone talks shit all the time), so I generally feel safe poking fun at them. Your response to my "you have issues" comment led me to believe you were one such person. Apparently you are not. I apologize.

I don't know what your Steam name is, but I've undoubtedly played with you before. Maybe you hate me in TF2, too. No skin off my back, in the end, I suppose!

Blizzard said:
If you guys don't stop this, you're going to get the TF2 thread moved to Community.
I don't get it. U:

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
Intelligence isn't really subjective, but it is relative. It would be denying reality to say that there are not people who are less intelligent than other people.
Nope. Intelligence is all about ability to learn. I'd argue that the capacity for learning, barring some mental or developmental issues, is pretty steady in most people. There are a whole slew of socioeconomic factors that come into play, but in general I think inherit intelligence is pretty similar in all peoples.

More importantly, if South park really is a 'bad' show as you seem to think, the the guys who make it have convinced people to give them millions of dollars for a poor product. I'd say that makes them pretty intelligent. :]

Yeef said:
Nope. Intelligence is all about ability to learn. I'd argue that the capacity for learning, barring some mental or developmental issues, is pretty steady in most people. There are a whole slew of socioeconomic factors that come into play, but in general I think inherit intelligence is pretty similar in all peoples.
You won't catch me arguing semantics! SCIENCE. Science has the key. :3

More importantly, if South park really is a 'bad' show as you seem to think, the the guys who make it have convinced people to give them millions of dollars for a poor product. I'd say that makes them pretty intelligent. :]
Justin Bieber.

Chinner said:
togglesworth is a gay republican in hiding who plays halo, i can smell it.
It's TogglesworLh.

But other than that you're basically right.

Blizzard

Banned
Not to further derail this completely derailed thread, but I heard yesterday that Justin Bieber had gone Steampunk. It's an improvement!

Yeef

This is what happens when I have to wait 40 hours for a replay to render. According to the time thingy, there's still 16 minutes to go! :mad:

Yeef said:
This is what happens when I have to wait 40 hours for a replay to render. According to the time thingy, there's still 16 minutes to go! :mad:
This is what happens when I'm stuck in a class I hate. ):<

Blizzard said:
Not to further derail this completely derailed thread, but I heard yesterday that Justin Bieber had gone Steampunk. It's an improvement!
i'm sorry you what did you what

EDIT: In researching this new development, it is confirmed for me once again that steampunk is being ruined by a bunch of goth-wannabes throwing gears on leather. It is reaching the point of no return. I may have to leave steampunk behind forever, now.

What is happening? Hold me, Blizzard. ):

Clydefrog

Top Bottom