• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Professor Beef said:
that'sthejoke.jpg
s5ivcm.jpg

Either my PC has fucked up in the last few day or a patch broke something for me, because my performance seemed terrible and the stuttering glitch happened more than ever.

Loam

EmCeeGramr said:
Either my PC has fucked up in the last few day or a patch broke something for me, because my performance seemed terrible and the stuttering glitch happened more than ever.

Not just you. Had to quit out after about 20 mins when it started to become unbearable.

Yeef

Professor Beef said:
TF2 is so boring right now.

IBNGx.png

It's not even my #1 game anymore, god damn.
Who uses the tray icon? What are you, a caveman? It's all about the Windows 7 jump list!

Look how much prettier and not tucked away in a corner it is!

S8EKo.png

Yeef said:
Who uses the tray icon? What are you, a caveman? It's all about the Windows 7 jump list!

Look how much prettier and not tucked away in a corner it is!

http://i.imgur.com/S8EKo.png[/IG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have that too. I'm just more used to the tray.

Yeef said:
Efficient people.
Inefficient more like it! If I had to add up all the time I'd have to wait a half second to hover over it to actually select the window I'd like, I'd probably add up to like 5 minutes or something. That's 5 minutes that could've been better spent doing nothing.

Yeef

Rickenslacker said:
Inefficient more like it! If I had to add up all the time I'd have to wait a half second to hover over it to actually select the window I'd like, I'd probably add up to like 5 minutes or something. That's 5 minutes that could've been better spent doing nothing.
It's all clicking. Hovering is for indecisive people. Weak-willed people who need others to make the choices for them. Spineless and people who are lacking in will and fortitude!
Togglesworlh said:
Says the guy who doesn't use tabbed chat in Steam.
I don't use tabbed chat because closing the window closes ALL chat windows and steam, stupidly, doesn't save chat history, unlike every other IM program ever, so once the window's closed that conversation is gone forever!

Yeef said:
I don't use tabbed chat because closing the window closes ALL chat windows and steam, stupidly, doesn't save chat history, unlike every other IM program ever, so once the window's closed that conversation is gone forever!
Maybe it is you who is the stupid one for closing chat when you don't want to.

Stupidity results in inefficiency!

Yeef said:
It's all clicking. Hovering is for indecisive people. Weak-willed people who need others to make the choices for them. Spineless and people who are lacking in will and fortitude!
Oh yeah? Well... enjoy your extra click. I mean, I can even click on the currently active window in my taskbar to minimize it. Can you do that with your fancy grouped icons? Huh?

1995 UI > 2011

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
Maybe it is you who is the stupid one for closing chat when you don't want to.

Stupidity results in inefficiency!
I know this is hard to understand for someone like yourself with no friends, but when you have 39 different people talking at you, having to click through each tab to remember which conversations are still active and which are over is cumbersome. I guess I'm just too popular. You've probably never had that problem, huh?

Rickenslacker said:
Oh yeah? Well... enjoy your extra click. I mean, I can even click on the currently active window in my taskbar to minimize it. Can you do that with your fancy grouped icons? Huh?

1995 UI > 2011
There's lots of things wrong with your theory, the most obvious of which is that every window has a minimize button in the upper right, along with a close button and a maximize button. More importantly though, there's little reason to minimize windows unless you're using some program that's always on top. Thirdly, Win+Down Arrow minimizes as well. With my fancy 9 button mouse I could also just bind a mouse key to minimize, if I so chose. Stop living in the past. Come into the future!

Yeef said:
I know this is hard to understand for someone like yourself with no friends, but when you have 39 different people talking at you, having to click through each tab to remember which conversations are still active and which are over is cumbersome. I guess I'm just too popular. You've probably never had that problem, huh?
I never talk to you. I feel like I should strike up a conversation now at some point with you, just to have one.

Yeef

SteveWinwood said:
I never talk to you. I feel like I should strike up a conversation now at some point with you, just to have one.
You're only allowed to talk with your guitar. Like Frampton.

Yeef said:
You're only allowed to talk with your guitar. Like Frampton.
Frampton comes alive is one of the best albums ever. If you, or anyone else, disagrees with this we can never be friends. It's also a great hangover cure I found out on a spring break once.

Tenck

SteveWinwood said:
Frampton comes alive is one of the best albums ever. If you, or anyone else, disagrees with this we can never be friends. It's also a great hangover cure I found out on a spring break once.

Guess we will never be friends then.

Album sucks!!!

*hides*

BF3 and LoL made me stop playing TF2. I don't really even care about the Halloween event, I don't know the items or anything. Not even idling. : /

EmCeeGramr said:

I experienced that quite a bit too... really annoying.
---

The server was full last night! :D Not even teams though.

I still don't know why people don't like 5CP maps. IMO they're the most fun, it really rewards playing as a team (which may explain why people don't like it ;p). Also maybe because the games are longer than the usual. But that doesn't explain people's love for Gorge which basically always devolves into Engy nest on the last point vs. Engy nest on the last point.

XeroSauce

Wolf Akela said:
BF3 and LoL made me stop playing TF2. I don't really even care about the Halloween event, I don't know the items or anything. Not even idling. : /

Giveaway!

No seriously, I took a nice break from TF2 for some quality midterm studying.

And that bitch rewards me with a Wingstick so now I'm back in trading again. God damnit TF2, you know how to pull my strings.

Mac user here. Is Steam acting really weird for anyone else? Not only does it crash every time I start a match in TF2, but the past two days it keeps prompting me to update the Steam client. Problem is I already updated, but the notice keeps showing up. Right now it's telling me to update, and I've already done it twice in the last ten minutes.

Tkawsome said:
Mac user here. Is Steam acting really weird for anyone else? Not only does it crash every time I start a match in TF2, but the past two days it keeps prompting me to update the Steam client. Problem is I already updated, but the notice keeps showing up. Right now it's telling me to update, and I've already done it twice in the last ten minutes.
Other Mac users have reported something similar if not the same issue.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Cloudius12 said:
Had some good games going yesterday. All was needed was that Javanouncement.
All you need is Java. Our GAF shirt should be like one of those Twilight shirts, but with a picture of a llama's face and "Javaman" written below it.

Yeef

Re: TF2 GAF T-shirts. Here some random ideas that came to me whilst I was eating popcorn.

We need matching "Let's get those BLU bastards" and "Red bastards" shirts.

Also, a "Dirty Crits" shirt.

Also a "Forkball was wrong" shirt.

Perhaps a "One Fucking Point" shirt.

Maybe a shirt that says "Dr. Kirby says:" and then just has a bunch of scribbles in quotes.

That picture that Jangaroo did of Frog without a shirt might also be good.

I am sure that Borgnine can come up with many humorous and inappropriate shirts, as well.

Now I am out of popcorn.

Moneyhat hat.

Just a top hat with wads of money between the hat and head, and an Unusual effect of dollar bills flying off.

Description: No wonder this player scores so high.

Send me my check.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Was toying with the idea of making a BLU/RED inspired logo with GAF as the acronym.

Gravel Assayers Federation... something like that. It'll have the actual GAF logo in there somwhere or maybe the hybrid TF2/GAF logo.

Tenck

fallengorn said:
Was toying with the idea of making a BLU/RED inspired logo with GAF as the acronym.

Gravel Assayers Federation... something like that. It'll have the actual GAF logo in there somwhere or maybe the hybrid TF2/GAF logo.

So what are you doing on Gaf?!

Get to work Fallengorn!

Top Bottom