• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

Grenade Launcher - Sticky Jumper - Caber is amazingly fun.

32A15D0D1248974D65A5A61D7245C32F8B680359

Kritz pocket on CP_Coldfront: absolutely beautiful.

I might possibly perhaps maybe consider learning Demoman to compliment my Scout now. Possibly.

I just had a 65:10 three rounds of eyeaduct as demo man, and found my first two gifts! :) one in the underworld after our team lost and I somehow got to it without anyone killing me.

Grenade Launcher is a great weapon. I've been practicing with it these past two days and getting great results so far.

Boney

Banned
dog is a badass?

server started!

dog joined, everyone that doesn't join wants dog to have an awful time with just me 2 days before leaving

1. Oh no Dogggggggg. I'll miss youuuuu.

2. If I get enough of other shit done this weekend, I can try to whip up a shitty tf2 shirt Sunday night.

3. No one is selling me their Halloween items in the trading thread :(

So quick question: besides the costume sets, are there any timed exclusives like the Voodoo Juju was last year? Like are the Last Breath, etc. only gonna be available until the 6th?

Sianos

I just now realized that using the sticky jumper on Hoodoo is pointless.

Server tricked me: I thought we were going to play Gorge... and then it switches to Hoodoo. Curses, my Scout antics foiled again!

Decided to overclock my laptop GPU is hopes of improving some aspects of TF2.

Made sure I did it slowly so I don't break anything. Trying to see if I throw some load on the GPU. So far so working better. Al thought this game doesn't specifically use PhysX, altering whether it affects the GPU or CPU in your Nvidia Control Panel seems to work better if you set it on GPU rather than CPU (since TF2 uses Source which uses the CPU). Don't know why.

Also other stuff that might help with Rivatuner is LOD Bias Range.

God damn I thought it was my HDD failing :mad:

Seems a few having problems where it takes a while to launch TF2. Then takes longer to Retrieving Server Info...

Is there a tag or something I can use to filter out all the servers with autobalance? There probably wouldn't be any servers left, but, I'm getting increasingly pissed.the.frak.off. joining a server, doing well, then having to play defense or offense 3 or 4 rounds in a row because of it. Or switched at the last moment to the losing team. Or switched after pushing a cap. Or switched after taking out a huge sentry nest. Etc, etc, etc. Just tired of getting punished for being a good player.

ArtistDude88 said:
Is there a tag or something I can use to filter out all the servers with autobalance? There probably wouldn't be any servers left, but, I'm getting increasingly pissed.the.frak.off. joining a server, doing well, then having to play defense or offense 3 or 4 rounds in a row because of it. Or switched at the last moment to the losing team. Or switched after pushing a cap. Or switched after taking out a huge sentry nest. Etc, etc, etc. Just tired of getting punished for being a good player.
Nothing like being switched as Engie to the losing team.

divisionbyzorro said:
I know I'm late to this, but the Snaggletooth set is such an awesome troll class.

Too bad the Sydney Sleeper sucks.
my quick thoughts:

1.) It's as effective as any other sniper rifle when fully charged for bodyshots

2.) I tend to think of it as a "support" weapon. helping teammates drop the enemy faster. in that way, charging it fully is never my objective. rather, hitting the target with any charge. it's all about getting teammates those minicrits.

when I approach it like that, I'm not mad I'm not getting headshots and I'm fine with the different play mindset that must accompany it.. and a fully charged shot will still kill scouts/medics/spies/snipers more often than not.

Deadbeat

Banned
I love playing a piss sniper. The tears are incredible. Whenever I am tired and dont want to be aggressive or contribute to my team, I piss snipe.

Dreams-Visions said:
my quick thoughts:

1.) It's as effective as any other sniper rifle when fully charged for bodyshots

2.) I tend to think of it as a "support" weapon. helping teammates drop the enemy faster. in that way, charging it fully is never my objective. rather, hitting the target with any charge. it's all about getting teammates those minicrits.

when I approach it like that, I'm not mad I'm not getting headshots and I'm fine with the different play mindset that must accompany it.. and a fully charged shot will still kill scouts/medics/spies/snipers more often than not.

Fair points all. I suppose it's my own fault for being sad about not getting as many points and not leveling it up quickly (I picked up the strange version yesterday).

Problem with Sydney Sleeper is a good sniper would never, ever use it. It's far less effective than constant headshots, even if those headshots aren't fully charged.

Not saying I'm a good sniper... but I'd like to be. And the SS doesn't help me become better. It teaches me all the wrong lessons.

Top Bottom