• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

demosthenes said:
So when does the Halloween event end?
Today's the last day*

*If I recall correctly, the patch that removed the event last year came a day or two later than it was supposed to.

Forkball

2C28A41BE768A59D9C559EEE305F03352B6E57F7

B71D7FBA51E725219AB204769B5D3A6A1168EAEA

Yeef

Bluth54 said:
How long are we going to have the Waiting Room server? Just until Halloween is over?
I haven't decided yet. At the very least it'd be a month from when it started (11/26/11).

Yeef

I got another Ze Goggles drop. That's literally the 4th or 5th one I've gotten. I had crafted/traded away the others up until I took the hint with the last one, but apparently i misinterpreted Gabe's message because now I got another!

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I got another Ze Goggles drop. That's literally the 4th or 5th one I've gotten. I had crafted/traded away the others up until I took the hint with the last one, but apparently i misinterpreted Gabe's message because now I got another!
If you still have it and it can be worn with a scout hat, I can take it off your hands!

I'm still proud of my pink scout crown. I traded for it with someone who wanted the spiked medic helm, and they promptly painted THAT green or something.

Yeef

I don't believe in trading anymore (unless there's something I want and don't have, but the only thing that fits that description right now is Max's head).

Also, I got a Schadenfreude drop as well.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I don't believe in trading anymore (unless there's something I want and don't have, but the only thing that fits that description right now is Max's head).

Also, I got a Schadenfreude drop as well.
Well whether or not you believe in it, it still exists. Do you mean you are unwilling to give any of your friends something they might want, choosing instead to craft your hordes of hats together to make new hats?

That sounds pretty EVIL.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
Well whether or not you believe in it, it still exists. Do you mean you are unwilling to give any of your friends something they might want, choosing instead to craft your hordes of hats together to make new hats?

That sounds pretty EVIL.
Nope. I'm saying I refuse to give anyone anything and to instead stockpile everything until I have a pile large enough to swim around in like Scrooge McDuck!

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Nope. I'm saying I refuse to give anyone anything and to instead stockpile everything until I have a pile large enough to swim around in like Scrooge McDuck!
I would do that, but I think I'm already using up my last page without a backpack extender.

Adding more items but not giving everyone a free backpack extender was the most evil thing Valve ever did! Okay maybe not really BUT STILL.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
I would do that, but I think I'm already using up my last page without a backpack extender.

Adding more items but not giving everyone a free backpack extender was the most evil thing Valve ever did! Okay maybe not really BUT STILL.
As far as weapons are concerned, having 1 of every weapon only fills like 3 pages or so (if you're a slob). So it's not that bad. More importantly, I just keep my stockpiles on one of my other 14 accounts, so I have plenty of space!

Yeef said:
As far as weapons are concerned, having 1 of every weapon only fills like 3 pages or so (if you're a slob). So it's not that bad. More importantly, I just keep my stockpiles on one of my other 14 accounts, so I have plenty of space!
I guess I should have given that beak to someone without 14 accounts.

Forkball said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595827150644340356/2C28A41BE768A59D9C559EEE305F03352B6E57F7/[/IG]
[IMG]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595827150644342909/B71D7FBA51E725219AB204769B5D3A6A1168EAEA/
Actually I do that all the time. 8k kills on my RL, but I was wrecking teams as medic. On one life I racked up 21 kill assists at one point playing DoucheFort (I was desperate).

Sianos

EmCeeGramr said:
i challenged artist to a deu' but he was a coward and then i challenged boney to a deu' and he accepted and i whooped his ass

Hey, if you want to pick on Boney you have to go through me*! >:U

*as long as its a scout duel because I'm terrible at every other class

Yeef

Made some changes to the Waiting Room:
  • Removed The Quickening (since it only worked for me, as I am the best).
  • Removed The Hidden (interesting mode, but without some tweaks it doesn't have staying power)
  • Added some Zombie Fortress maps so that Zombie Fortress will actually work (we weren't supposed to play it on normal maps)
  • Added some extra maps to VS. Saxton Hale Mode. Removed some maps that don't work well for the mode.
  • Added the Team Logic Extension that should keep people from having to sit out during Hale and other arena-based modes.

Clydefrog

Oh, speaking of TWR, I logged on with one other person and we got to play one life of Prophunt before we both crashed. But I noticed that I didn’t have a menu to choose which prop I wanted to be. Does the version of prophunt on TWR not give you a menu a la votemap that lets you pick and choose what prop you want to be? I was forced to be a yellow barrel but, damnit, I wanted to be a tree!

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
Oh, speaking of TWR, I logged on with one other person and we got to play one life of Prophunt before we both crashed. But I noticed that I didn’t have a menu to choose which prop I wanted to be. Does the version of prophunt on TWR not give you a menu a la votemap that lets you pick and choose what prop you want to be? I was forced to be a yellow barrel but, damnit, I wanted to be a tree!
by default, Prop hunt doesn't let you pick your prop unless you're an admin. There's a setting to let anyone change their prop, but I feel like being assigned one is half the challenge.

Top Bottom