• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Well, mine's two years. We were given the option of doing a thesis. It's recommended. I TURNED IT DOWN.

At DigiPen, we have our game projects as resume fodder, anyway. Thesis kind of becomes unnecessary when you're applying for a video game developer position if you already have a video game to prove you can make video games in a video game world.

(video gaaaAAAaames)

Tenck

When I usually play on a server that's not the Gaf server, I tell myself "This feels like a Valve server."

I think I may finally be correct with this one :lol

3402674BF9AB81A44C855A2C77478E024FCB0F4B

I stuck around so I can add some playtime to the Spy (and I've been gone for like 3 days, so might as well have some fun on TF2).

Tenck

(._.) said:
I now have more arm room :D

Huge mouse pad comin in the mail. lowerin my sens and i'm gonna be shootin like a pro

Congrats. Been looking into a mouse pad for myself, but since I play on a laptop and I lay down, not really going to benefit from one :/

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Tenck said:
When I usually play on a server that's not the Gaf server, I tell myself "This feels like a Valve server."

Day-um.

I was doing too well on random servers during Halloween, always as Scout. Just wiping the floor with people, even the ones that ignored Monoculous. Though really, any time I top the leaderboard on any server as any class I'm like "something is wrong here...."

Tenck said:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649870992048560130/3402674BF9AB81A44C855A2C77478E024FCB0F4B/[/im]

I stuck around so I can add some playtime to the Spy (and I've been gone for like 3 days, so might as well have some fun on TF2).[/QUOTE]
jesus! how is that even possible.

Dreams-Visions said:
jesus! how is that even possible.
24/7 extended rounds? I played in a server for like 1-2 hours (perhaps more), same map all the time and stats didn't reset. I left with 400 points as an Engie.

Tenck

divisionbyzorro said:
I can barely see it. It's too small. I guess my resolution is too high.

Doesn't even fill up my screen, madness!

My native resolution is 1920*1200. Needs to be bigger!

What the fuck artist. The game didn't save my 33 kills Sentry record, or that life points for the matter, a while back. Why did it save yours? >=(

Sgt.Pepper said:
What the fuck artist. The game didn't save my 33 kills Sentry record, or that life points for the matter, a while back. Why did it save yours? >=(

I dunnnooo...

I think I read once that you have to die for it to record, so if you leave the server or the map changes before you die, it might not save. I'm not 100% sure on this though :U

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Sgt.Pepper said:
What, people still play Team Fortress 2? Get a life!*

*There are way too many good games, and so little time for all the awesome games that came out or are coming; how do you find the time?!

I cannot pay full price for any game since Steam sales came out. It just doesn't feel right! I use to waste so much money on games, ugh, never again.

(._.)

Banned
Tenck said:
Congrats. Been looking into a mouse pad for myself, but since I play on a laptop and I lay down, not really going to benefit from one :/
Yeaaaa, you should probably change that. go to a desk and you will notice major improvement in your dm.

Tenck

(._.) said:
Yeaaaa, you should probably change that. go to a desk and you will notice major improvement in your dm.

Problem is that I never feel comfortable haha. I've been trying for the past 2 years but I can't :'(

Sgt.Pepper said:
What, people still play Team Fortress 2? Get a life!*

*There are way too many good games, and so little time for all the awesome games that came out or are coming; how do you find the time?!
Hell, I never played TF2 till it went F2P. I'm so sad that I've been missing this gem for so long. Best shooter I've played in years.

I'm thinking about getting BF3 though. Gonna wait on Skyrim to go on a Steam sale.

Yeef

(._.) said:
I now have more arm room :D

Huge mouse pad comin in the mail. lowerin my sens and i'm gonna be shootin like a pro
I've had a giant mouse pad for years, but I still only use a quarter of it. I think part of the problem is that my chair has arm rests, so I'm inclined to use them which leaves me using my wrist for mouse movement most of the time, instead of my whole arm.

(._.)

Banned
Yeef said:
I've had a giant mouse pad for years, but I still only use a quarter of it. I think part of the problem is that my chair has arm rests, so I'm inclined to use them which leaves me using my wrist for mouse movement most of the time, instead of my whole arm.
That was my set up until today. I would recommend changing that. It is better for your wrist plus it will improve your aim.

EmCeeGramr said:
they did a performance update

AND THEY PUT THE DEGREASER'S BURN DURATION NERF BACK IN

- Sync'd with recent changes from Team Fortress 2
- Re-added original Degreaser afterburn duration penalty (in addition to -10% dmg)
- Dramatically improved the dynamic model loading system's memory usage, performance, and stability
- Added new main menu backgrounds.
Beta patch atm 890mb

Maybe now I can get some steady FPS on some maps.

Blizzard

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

Thank goodness, servers were nothing but 16 vs 16 pyros, pyros topping the scoreboards everywhere. What an overpowered class, I tell you what.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:

Degreaser and Backburner are basically identical to their current incarnations. Flamethrower has gotten a buff. I don't see the issue, but hey, let's complain anyway!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Figured I'd ask around here as well: does anyone know any TF2 contributors that would be able/interested in doing a PAX East panel? I've got a panel on user-generated content mostly together, through the Rock Band Network community, but it'd probably suck if we don't have anyone outside that group. I haven't had any luck so far on my own (three leads, all were interested but unable) so I figured I'd ask around a bit more.

Yeef

Charron said:
Figured I'd ask around here as well: does anyone know any TF2 contributors that would be able/interested in doing a PAX East panel? I've got a panel on user-generated content mostly together, through the Rock Band Network community, but it'd probably suck if we don't have anyone outside that group. I haven't had any luck so far on my own (three leads, all were interested but unable) so I figured I'd ask around a bit more.
You're probably better off asking at Facepunch, Polycount or Something Awful (if you have an account). I don't think many TF2 Gaffer's have been doing the user-generated content stuff. Where as, in those other places, that stuff flourishes.

it's just that it's weird that they apparently decided "you know what needs a nerf? the degreaser" and then decided to beta test some background images

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
it's just that it's weird that they apparently decided "you know what needs a nerf? the degreaser" and then decided to beta test some background images
I always assumed, when they removed the afterburn penalty from the degreaser someone just forgot to edit it back in before they shipped and they were just like "Fuck it, we'll fix it next time we update the beta." And now that's happened. Besides, the degreaser is all about getting kills with your other weapons. Afterburn doesn't matter with the axstinguisher and reserve shooter.

OMG Aero

I'm glad they are using the Beta to test new menu backgrounds.
That's something that you really want hard feedback on before you release to all the players.

commissar

I didn't use a mousepad for about a year and ruined the feet.
Now the mouse feet ruined my mousepad :(

Drkirby said:
My laser mouse doesn't work on my desk, so I had to pull my old mouse pad out of storage.
You stopped using the trackball?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
commissar said:
I didn't use a mousepad for about a year and ruined the feet.
Now the mouse feet ruined my mousepad :(

You stopped using the trackball?
I use both and switch off of them every now and then depending on the game.

So after about a two month break, I reinstalled the game last night.

...except no-one's in the server right now. =( Or do you guys not play on the Janky Ass 4.0 server anymore?

Top Bottom