• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

yeoz

Taco_Human said:
I'm getting an update for TF2 right now. It's about 100 megabytes in size. I wonder...
And, halloween ends.
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
  • Ended the Halloween sale/event
  • Fixed a client crash in the replay editor
  • Fixed a client crash in the fullscreen store preview
  • Updated the localization files

XeroSauce

divisionbyzorro said:
From the wiki:

Mind. Blown.

Seriously. I knew this back in the days of 2fort when I'd enter a sewer, hear a Sentry in there, and wait for it to beep so I could decide whether or not to confront it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh it's that guy.
Well that sucks. I'd fly to Valve if I had 20k in hats to get back.

At least e-mail gabe/robin.

(._.) said:
http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php...opic&t=90261&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

major highjack just happened to the most trusted hat seller in TF2. He had 99+ unusual and they are all gone now. His account is still in the hands of the guy who hacked him.
Valve will give him everything he lost back. But the thieves will get to keep what they stole. It's why he's so calm, generally speaking. If he was really concerned that $20,000 worth of merchandise was gone for good, he'd be on a plane to Russia with a Liam Neeson look in his eye.

(._.)

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Valve will give him everything he lost back. But the thieves will get to keep what they stole. It's why he's so calm, generally speaking. If he was really concerned that $20,000 worth of merchandise was gone for good, he'd be on a plane to Russia with a Liam Neeson look in his eye.
Even then it hurts his rep greatly. On top of that 100+ rare hats flooding an already dying market. tf2 trading needs an ion game auction house asap or it will soon be dead (RIP).

(._.) said:
Even then it hurts his rep greatly. On top of that 100+ rare hats flooding an already dying market. tf2 trading needs an ion game auction house asap or it will soon be dead (RIP).

I bet valve has drunken_f00l working on that already, heck, I bet that was they hired him in the first place, being able to cross game item trade and see others peoples inventory is just the first step, if Blizzard is going to do it with diablo III, valve shouldn't be far behind

heavy_chainzaw_da_18.jpg

da_chainsaw_19.gif

This would be fairly interesting! Not sure how it'd work if it replaced the minigun since it'd obviously be melee range. So heavy would need a strong secondary or something? Still neat :D

Firebrand

"This server is using a newer protocol than your client" on every server I try.

Any suggestions? Validating the files does nothing, it just stops at 100% without closing. Deleting clientregistry.blob doesn't help.

This is what I get for downloading the game from Ukrainian Steam servers, old bootleg TF2s. :(

Yeef

Firebrand said:
"This server is using a newer protocol than your client" on every server I try.

Any suggestions? Validating the files does nothing, it just stops at 100% without closing. Deleting clientregistry.blob doesn't help.

This is what I get for downloading the game from Ukrainian Steam servers, old bootleg TF2s. :(
Open up TF2 and type "version" into the console. I'm having no problems and my version info is:
Protocol version 19
Exe version 1.1.8.1 (tf)
Exe build: 12:10:18 Nov 2 2011 (4743) (440)
If yours matches, I'm not sure what the issue is; otherwise you may have to re-download the latest patch. Generally, setting TF2 not to auto update, logging out of and back into steam and then setting it to auto update gets it to download the latest patch if it doesn't initialize for some reason.

Wolf Akela said:
Another 2.3GB update for me. That makes it 4 times in the past month. Wonderful work, Valve.

hmm that should only happen when you shut off your pc while updating but
verifying integrity of game cache should fix it

Forkball

For some reason the decal on my flair reset to the default during Saxton Hale. I was freaked out but when I restarted TF2, it came back. Weird glitch.

EkoZU.png

sodapopperold.jpg

sodapoppernew.jpg

Yeef

commissar said:
this is why my steam community is different from my steam account which is different to my steam friends.
I use different passwords and emails for every account I have everywhere. A lesser man would drive themselves crazy remembering all the different combinations and permutations!

Tenck

Yeef said:
Someone tried to access my Steam account at 8:46 PM. I bet it was Artistdude! Fess up!

I can imagine when the passwords 'bear' 'honey' and 'hibernation' didn't work, he just gave it up.

What, people still play Team Fortress 2? Get a life!*

*There are way too many good games, and so little time for all the awesome games that came out or are coming; how do you find the time?!

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:

*There are way too many good games, and so little time for all the awesome games that came out or are coming; how do you find the time?!
Already beat Uncharted, waiting for a patch to fix the aiming before doing a Crushing run.

Gonna wait until Skyrim goes on sale and the inevitable bugs are ironed out before picking it up.

Likewise, the Arkham City DRM/GFWL makes me wait for it to be on sale for cheap.

There is nothing else.

Sgt.Pepper said:

Still trying to Platinum Dark Souls on the side.

Man, while my backlog isn't exactly huge. I got a bunch of games to play:

- Xenoblade (clocked 57 hours)
- Kirby Mass Attack/ Return to Dreamland
- Bastion
- The Binding of Issac
- Blocks That Matter
- Hitman: Blood Money
- Mafia 2
- Deus Ex 1 (Downloading the graphical mod as I type)
- And most importantly, Zelda is coming soon. Fuck me.

Plus I got to do my thesis.

Blizzard

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Man, while my backlog isn't exactly huge. I got a bunch of games to play:

- Xenoblade (clocked 57 hours)
- Kirby Mass Attack/ Return to Dreamland
- Bastion
- The Binding of Issac
- Blocks That Matter
- Hitman: Blood Money
- Mafia 2
- Deus Ex 1 (Downloading the graphical mod as I type)
- And most importantly, Zelda is coming soon. Fuck me.

What subject is your thesis in? Ph.D. I assume?

As for me, I quit TF2 forever to play BF3 and MW3 with all my friends.

I mean, I don't have any friends and I haven't played either game, and I don't even own either game, but if all of those things WERE true then you never know, I might have quit forever to go play those things with those people.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I am ever satisfied that I chose not to go the thesis route in my Master's program. ~1.25 semesters left. Yesss.

Also: dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2

Tenck

Yeef said:
Already beat Uncharted, waiting for a patch to fix the aiming before doing a Crushing run.

Gonna wait until Skyrim goes on sale and the inevitable bugs are ironed out before picking it up.

Likewise, the Arkham City DRM/GFWL makes me wait for it to be on sale for cheap.

There is nothing else.

For a second there I thought you said Skyward sword and got scared :eek:

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
I am ever satisfied that I chose not to go the thesis route in my Master's program. ~1.25 semesters left. Yesss.

Also: dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2 dota 2
Yeah, my M.S. program was two semesters with no thesis, it was nice
aside from my horrible grades the first semester

Top Bottom