• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

dragonlife said:
Oh, so you're Matt. Bastard :p Got me twice in a row at the cart. Nice going.

And, yeah...Demo, medic, and maybe Scout are the only classes I'm decent at. Everything else is just shameful. Will have to practice some more with them offline.

Don't do that. Just go to the Valve servers if you need practice.

I think I might take a break from TF2, I'm spending too much time caring about what Hats I have rather than getting better at the game.

dragonlife said:
Oh, so you're Matt. Bastard :p Got me twice in a row at the cart. Nice going.

And, yeah...Demo, medic, and maybe Scout are the only classes I'm decent at. Everything else is just shameful. Will have to practice some more with them offline.

Pfft, if you are good with Demoman you don't even need the other classes. He does it all.

Risible

Is there any reason why the auto-scramble isn't working? I played 6 rounds or so and the teams kept stacking (kept seeing the same good players load up onto one team - not going to name names) and auto-scramble would have really helped.

Every time I see a clearly new Pyro on the GAF server rushing straight at people with the Backburner I die a little inside.

Risible said:
Is there any reason why the auto-scramble isn't working? I played 6 rounds or so and the teams kept stacking (kept seeing the same good players load up onto one team - not going to name names) and auto-scramble would have really helped.

Autoscramble is really weird. Like 75% of the time it'll switch more than half the server around, and there's no real discernible reason.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
Autoscramble is really weird. Like 75% of the time it'll switch more than half the server around, and there's no real discernible reason.
It's random, which is the default.

It's supposed to scramble based on stats, but it relies on another plugin to do that and the second plugin doesn't work properly so it reverts to random scramble. It works for some people, and doesn't work for other people (including us) for reasons unknown.

The second plugin also isn't maintained (it's still an alpha build) and hasn't been updated since 2009. ;(

Blizzard

Banned
I feel I have seen more lopsidedness lately in terms of one team having like 8 people on my friends list and the other having 1-2. That might just be coincidence though.

Proven

I am at exactly 120:00 hours as Medic on my Steam account. As celebration, I will not play Medic for the rest of this week. Or just tonight. Or until I get pissed.

thefil

Twas fun. I will have to add you all to my friends list when I cease being so damn lazy.

Also, after calming the hell down, I am way better at this game. Did between okay and good tonight.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
I feel I have seen more lopsidedness lately in terms of one team having like 8 people on my friends list and the other having 1-2. That might just be coincidence though.
I have as well, but it's still not as bad as when there was no scramble. All of the good players would end up on BLU and it'd be a boring steam roll.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bastard heavies

EIRJNl.jpg

5269AFA863AA81394F8CC095EFF86596122D8D4B

If I say so myself, Upward was pretty lame. I was on top of my team during offense, and I was the engineer.

Stop forgetting about the cart fellas! Had to suicide push on the first 2 points.

Acerac

Banned
Proven said:
I am at exactly 120:00 hours as Medic on my Steam account. As celebration, I will not play Medic for the rest of this week. Or just tonight. Or until I get pissed.
I got you. I'm still a noob with the class at under 10 hours, but I'm learning, and even scrub medics like me are helpful. :)

Pancakes said:
Bastard heavies

EIRJNl.jpg
That's horrible.

I love it.

I make it a policy to chuck a sandvich at a Medic who is healing me, or any other injured person I see if I'm already full.

Random acts of kindness, man.

Yeef

Someone posted this on SA and it's too funny not to share. Keep in mind, this is night team. The guys that use every annoying trick in the book to get people to play on their servers and donate (fake player counts, bots, premium features, etc.).

http://www.nighteam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2135

Best quote:

I wouldn't even go through all that shit of making a new Steam account, just to aimbot for 15 minutes. It isn't even fun, I mean, what's your profit as an aimbotter? Everyone hates you and the only thing you gain is a high score and probably be the #1 on the scoreboard... for 15 minutes.

Really pathetic.

JackEtc

Sgt.Pepper said:
You didn't do bad as a Pyro either :p

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595819537017864524/697A6DB12AF7822C7211DD9AAB571F0C7BF65C6E/[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that game.

You guys were right, playing against better people (instead of just the Valve servers) would improve my game, and it definitely did. [img]http://i.imgur.com/3AQmK.gif

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
EmCeeGramr said:
Every time I see a clearly new Pyro on the GAF server rushing straight at people with the Backburner I die a little inside.
It's funny, I was looking through my items a few days ago when I noticed the backburner can now airblast. How long as it been able to do that? I was all, "WUHHHHHH" when I saw it and it blew my mind. That 50 ammo per airblast stings.

Jangaroo said:
It's funny, I was looking through my items a few days ago when I noticed the backburner can now airblast. How long as it been able to do that? I was all, "WUHHHHHH" when I saw it and it blew my mind. That 50 ammo per airblast stings.
They added it a while back, while also dropping its damage by 5%.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I...I can't play Medic on pub servers anymore.

It hurts my soul.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
EmCeeGramr said:
They added it a while back, while also dropping its damage by 5%.
Oh jeez, it must've been during the stretch when I wasn't playing much during this past year.

Blizzard

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I make it a policy to chuck a sandvich at a Medic who is healing me, or any other injured person I see if I'm already full.

Random acts of kindness, man.
Likewise. I try to throw sandviches around, and I even got that award for protecting the most medics or whatever, way back in the day. :D

Blizzard said:
Likewise. I try to throw sandviches around, and I even got that award for protecting the most medics or whatever, way back in the day. :D
Do people have to wait for the sandvich to hit the ground, or can I just chuck it at someone and have them auto-eat it? I've been throwing them into people's paths just in case, but if it can hit them before, then that's even better.

Blizzard

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Do people have to wait for the sandvich to hit the ground, or can I just chuck it at someone and have them auto-eat it? I've been throwing them into people's paths just in case, but if it can hit them before, then that's even better.
I'm actually not 100% sure. I think it works if it just hits them, but I try to throw it in people's paths to be safe, unless they're running right at me. In fact I'm like 90% sure that I have thrown it at a medic who's running at me and it works.

Professor Beef said:

It doesn't have to hit the ground.

Exuro

Sourtreats said:
Dominating on pub server as a spy, about to score the payload...

HL2.exe has stopped working.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I have that happen when I'm scout about to capture the intel.

I just bought a cheap headset.
Not sure of the etiquette but im seeing alot of turn your mic down and dont spam.So im guessing the mic control is in the tf2 options and dont spam is obvious.
as for control i know "v" is for voice...is that team or everyone and im gnna set my mic level via tf2 options around 1/2 way..is that usually good?
any other help is appreciated

Dug

Banned
JackFrost said:
Not sure of the etiquette but im seeing alot of turn your mic down and dont spam.So im guessing the mic control is in the tf2 options and dont spam is obvious.
as for control i know "v" is for voice...is that team or everyone and im gnna set my mic level via tf2 options around 1/2 way..is that usually good?
Odd, shift is voice for me.

JackEtc

JackFrost said:
Depending on your mic, volume can be set wherever, it just depends on the sensitivity. When you adjust it in Steam or TF2, you'll be able to listen to yourself to see how load you are.

And the voice communication with team or all is dependent on the server. I know on Janky-Ass alltalk is on, meaning everyone can hear you.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll jump on the mic tonight...If I do though, be warned guys, I'm only 17 so...yeah =\

JackFrost said:
Configure the settings in Steam. Check settings, and there's a tab that says Voice. You can change the key to talk in-game, mine is C.

Proven

Jangaroo said:
I've lately been getting back into a Heavy mood, and for me that means Natasha. We'll see how they do tonight.

Venfayth

Lol I just started playing TF2 a few days ago, I just wanted to say that the title of this post made me laugh when I read it. So true.

JackEtc said:
Depending on your mic, volume can be set wherever, it just depends on the sensitivity. When you adjust it in Steam or TF2, you'll be able to listen to yourself to see how load you are.

And the voice communication with team or all is dependent on the server. I know on Janky-Ass alltalk is on, meaning everyone can hear you.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll jump on the mic tonight...If I do though, be warned guys, I'm only 17 so...yeah =\

18 here and I have a horrible voice. Don't worry, nobody cares.

moojito

Sgt.Pepper said:
Configure the settings in Steam. Check settings, and there's a tab that says Voice. You can change the key to talk in-game, mine is C.

Good god, man! Why would you rebind the crouch key?

In before ctrl pressing peasants

Top Bottom