• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

commissar said:
Have you tried using an fps config tkawsome?

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

I use dx9 frames with some options turned back up but I'm on a desktop so you might want to keep it default or drop down a but more I dunno.

Hope that helps - I got a good boost :)

Just tried it out and it looks like it really helped. My weapons weren't jumping around as much and the screen didn't get choppy when the action started to pick up. Thanks!

Milly79

Yeef said:
Turbine is a small map. if you want to play Deathmatch you should just play death match. There are deathmatch maps & servers. If you want to play faux-deathmatch, like you're describing, then Harvest is a much better map.
I'm not looking to play deathmatch. I'd play another game if so. It still requires teamwork and communication to get the intel back. I have to have a purpose other than just killing.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sgt.Pepper said:
Got a small update. Patch notes aren't out yet though.

Wasn't small for me. Go to my computer after doing the dishes and it said it downloaded a whole 9 GB haha. Know it didn't really download all that but still.

moojito

Anyone know of any videos/youtube channels like those I posted for spy, but for engineer? I'm playing a bit of that just now, but getting experience is a slow process.

Chesskid1

Banned
yeah BSOD here after latest patch :( been gettin tired of the game after 55 hours and wanted to play after a few days break .. and bam :(

Same here, try to launch and bam...nothing. Was just having fun on the EU server and was about to hop back on as well :-(

I want a hat as compensation for this outrage!!!

Everyone remembers the Hatless Update, when we met Robin's outrage because of an update with no hat? We were unable to connect normally for, what, 2-3 days?

I hope it is not another one.

Bakphoon

Sgt.Pepper said:
Everyone remembers the Hatless Update, when we met Robin's outrage because of an update with no hat? We were unable to connect normally for, what, 2-3 days?

I hope it is not another one.

Maybe it is done to make us watch the Dota 2 trailer? Who knows...

Gabe Newell is a mastermind.

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
Wow, you guys are addicted...

*thank god I'm still at work and don't have to worry about it*
I'm too busy watching Game of Thrones to care. Therefore, I am the winner.

From the DOTA trailer I can think of a few TF2 promo items.

-Huntsman reskin
- Cape and Hood for the Sniper
- Scotman's Skullcutter reskin
- The red helmet with some fangs for the Soldier (Mostly because it covers the eyes like the helmet)

I understand they have to sift through a lot of crap changes and people wanting Wiki Caps, but the Wiki just seems a little too up-tight sometimes, looking at the Discussion tab. Yes, the patch page was the first place I looked to figure out if my TF2 problem was common, I was happy to see the note there about the patch causing undeniably major issues. Seeing how much arguing and mockery there was over whether or not to include it was a little disappointing, and I'm not just talking about that 404 guy.

Burekma

Have a question about human reflexes: There was this sniper dude that came in about mid match, it was on cp_5gorge. We were fighting on the second control point, the one on the bridge and the guy was pulling headshots across the whole goddam map like it's nothing. Like I literally stuck my neck out as a pyro and the moment I did that BOOM, headshot.

Suffice to say, we lost in the next 5 minutes (duh, he was dropping us like flies), in which the guy obtained 66 points and was MVP by a large margin.

So, was he cheating, or do some people actually have such godlike skill?

And the guy doesn't even have a profile set up, so I can't see anything about him. Sigh.

Burekma said:
Have a question about human reflexes: There was this sniper dude that came in about mid match, it was on cp_5gorge. We were fighting on the second control point, the one on the bridge and the guy was pulling headshots across the whole goddam map like it's nothing. Like I literally stuck my neck out as a pyro and the moment I did that BOOM, headshot.

Suffice to say, we lost in the next 5 minutes (duh, he was dropping us like flies), in which the guy obtained 66 points and was MVP by a large margin.

So, was he cheating, or do some people actually have such godlike skill?

And the guy doesn't even have a profile set up, so I can't see anything about him. Sigh.

He might have been. You should try spectator mode and see what he's doing if you become suspicious or ask the admin to.

Burekma

Grimm Fandango said:
He might have been. You should try spectator mode and see what he's doing if you become suspicious or ask the admin to.
There was no admin playing i think. He did me a favor anyway, it's 2:30 am here and I need to go to sleep, so the rage quit did me good. :p

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
ARTISTDUDE! What kinda ping you get when you play with dem dere YU-ROS?
I was getting 85~90, but it felt much worse. Maybe because a bunch of other people had like 150+

JackEtc

Yeef said:
I was getting 85~90, but it felt much worse. Maybe because a bunch of other people had like 150+
Yep, exactly the same. Sniper shots were registering a second later.

Damn, and I was looking forward to TF2 tonight, last night was so much fun.

I know it has been said, but I finally decided to use the Enforcer today and holy shit it is so good. I know Le'etranger gives me silent decloaking, but the damage boost is too good to pass up.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Duct tape?
More or less.

Basically, Valve, in their infinite wisdom, Valve forgot to include files that were in the client update in the server update. So I just uploaded them from my computer and it fixed it.

Oh, so you're Matt. Bastard :p Got me twice in a row at the cart. Nice going.

And, yeah...Demo, medic, and maybe Scout are the only classes I'm decent at. Everything else is just shameful. Will have to practice some more with them offline.

Top Bottom