• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

No one plays TF2 in the fall. The combination of the Halloween event and tons of big-name releases means everyone 'forgets' about god ol' TF2. They'll be back though. They always come back.

Yeef said:
No one plays TF2 in the fall. The combination of the Halloween event and tons of big-name releases means everyone 'forgets' about god ol' TF2. They'll be back though. They always come back.

Story of my life. I can never leave the game for good.

Well, I'm going to join the server and run around like an idiot enjoying the sites again. Anyone feel free to join me if they are so inclined.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Man, the Halloween event was such a piece of shit. I missed the last year event, but I'll definitely skip the next one completely.
If they don't change how the drop works and keep the same shit system, definitely skipping.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeef said:
That reminds me. Should pre-load Skyrim.

(._.)

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Man, the Halloween event was such a piece of shit. I missed the last year event, but I'll definitely skip the next one completely.
It killed tf2 last year also. TF2 always slows down from end of October to late December.

Forkball

I can't believe people paid $60 for Skyrim. It will be $40 near Thanksgiving, mark my words.

ZPJ6B.jpg

LuSNW.jpg

compyro.png

ohgodbill%21.png

icerate.png

01.jpg

Why wouldn't the Jarate be frozen too? I meant, it is a block of ice that doesn't melt in in the middle of the day, in a arid zone, that must be some really cold shit, er piss, whatever. Fingerless gloves seem to prevent it incapacitating the Sniper's hand.

commissar

Sgt.Pepper said:
Why wouldn't the Jarate be frozen too? I meant, it is a block of ice that doesn't melt in in the middle of the day, in a arid zone, that must be some really cold shit, er piss, whatever. Fingerless gloves seem to prevent it incapacitating the Sniper's hand.
Likely stuck to his fingers, so it must be a melee replacement :p

Tenck

Yeah I've been busy with Quake and Tribes so far. Quake gets a lot of users during the Thanksgiving and Christmas time.

Need to frag all those kids and adults before they leave again!

Tenck

Yes.

I've been playing it almost non-stop for a while. It's easily my second favorite shooter. TF2 being the first one, and QL being second.

Edit:
Tribes worth the $30 tenck?

OMG it's worth more!

I haven't had this much fun in a while. I'm literally flying across the map and I am enjoying every second. If you want I can try and get a Beta code for you by this Saturday, if I get any more codes. Hopefully I do!

Blizzard

Banned
wartime1020 said:
Well ever since kuro stopped playing, things have seemed to be a bit less populated, but at least we still have nob...
I should invite kuro back. :(

n0b and Twig went to dota 2, and with them gone and me busy with work or LoL, the server must be devoid of people complaining. Maybe nsquote or crushed can hold down the role when we're not there. =D

commissar

Tenck said:
OMG it's worth more!

I haven't had this much fun in a while. I'm literally flying across the map and I am enjoying every second. If you want I can try and get a Beta code for you by this Saturday, if I get any more codes. Hopefully I do!
:O
Would totes appreciate that! No stress if there's someone else who loved Tribes though.
I've never played it, only read the good word in PC Zone years ago :)

Otherwise I'll pick it up next pay lol.

edit: something something TF2

Tenck

SteveWinwood said:
I play computer games like you all watched Saturday morning cartoons in front of the tv.

K8OvF.jpg

Steve you and I play the same!

I lay down like that to play all my games haha. Should probably do it on my desk, but can't :eek:

wartime1020 said:
Well ever since kuro stopped playing, things have seemed to be a bit less populated, but at least we still have nob...
It's not like the people he attracted were fun to play with, anyway. Most players from GG are awful players and awful people. Also, most of the time GG people followed him to our server, this thread would fill up with complaints. I like playing with Kuro (when he's not being mister rage-pants), but his GG buddies were the worst.

But, that's not why the server's less populated. It's a combination of whatever wacky shit Yeef is doing on the second server and... Halloween. But now Halloween's over, and Dota 2 is best. BEST.

Tenck

Togglesworlh said:
It's not like the people he attracted were fun to play with, anyway. Most players from GG are awful players and awful people. Also, most of the time GG people followed him to our server, this thread would fill up with complaints. I like playing with Kuro (when he's not being mister rage-pants), but his GG buddies were the worst.

But, that's not why the server's less populated. It's a combination of whatever wacky shit Yeef is doing on the second server and... Halloween. But now Halloween's over, and Dota 2 is best. BEST.

That second server really did turn out quite the opposite of what Yeef expected. The plan was to wait there while the main server was packed. Problem was people were waiting in the main server to get into the waiting room!

I also stopped playing on the Gaf servers because I saw them mostly empty, and haven't really bothered to check them out.

n0b

Tenck said:
That second server really did turn out quite the opposite of what Yeef expected. The plan was to wait there while the main server was packed. Problem was people were waiting in the main server to get into the waiting room!

I also stopped playing on the Gaf servers because I saw them mostly empty, and haven't really bothered to check them out.

Basically. I was like oh waiting room maybe I can go there while the idiots farm halloween crap on the main server. Oh. Its halloween here too. Goodbye TF2. Haven't come back since then.

Tenck

n0b said:
Basically. I was like oh waiting room maybe I can go there while the idiots farm halloween crap on the main server. Oh. Its halloween here too. Goodbye TF2. Haven't come back since then.

I think I might finish some games in my backlog now that TF2 is out of the way. I see you've already started on Dota 2!!!!

Yeef

n0b said:
You just have terrible timing. We played the halloween map a total of 5 times on the main server during the whole event and probably only like 3 times in the waiting room. The Waiting Room has been all Saxton Hale, Prop Hunt and other silly modes while the main server has been all empty with other empty empties. ;(

On the plus side, I topped my record for kills with Demoman that round. [53]

Sianos

Blizzard said:
I should invite kuro back. :(

n0b and Twig went to dota 2, and with them gone and me busy with work or LoL, the server must be devoid of people complaining. Maybe nsquote or crushed can hold down the role when we're not there. =D
Will do, captain!

Yeah, the Waiting Room seems to be going the way of Pacman: most people will probably want to go back to regular TF2 after a few weeks of 24/7 joke modes. It's great in moderation: just don't over play it or you'll get sick of it.

Tribes look neat, love how its all about speed. Think I'll try to get into the beta.

Yeef said:
this, so much this, I have tons of games to play and finish for the next couple of months, but I am not fooling myself, Tf2 is my main online team oriented fps, so I'll be back

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Tenck said:
Yes.

I've been playing it almost non-stop for a while. It's easily my second favorite shooter. TF2 being the first one, and QL being second.

Edit:

OMG it's worth more!

I got a refund, the game blue screened the crap out of my pc whenever I tried to play it. No other game does that to my pc either. =p

Skyrim arrives tomorrow and then Zelda not long after that. Not to mention a big Terraria update in early December. TF2 will still get some lovin' but not as much.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
What has happened to my beautiful thread? It's not even the Halo thread, it's the Logitech thread. Dog Chasing Cars has gone off to be a maggot, Nobbules and Togglesworld are off playing some nerd game, Gaf server is dead. I played a Viaduct KOTH round on a Valve server and didn't even die once, I went like 25-0. It was stupid, like I actually was getting angry at how stupid it was. How the fuck do I take out a sniper on the other side of the map with 3 consecutive rockets? FUCKING MOVE YOU STUPID ASSHOLE AND SHOOT ME IN THE FACE.

I know I shouldn't buy Skyrim day one, but I'm so weak.

Tenck

Iadien said:
I got a refund, the game blue screened the crap out of my pc whenever I tried to play it. No other game does that to my pc either. =p

Sheesh man, that sucks. I saw your post there when you originally started having the problem. Hopefully they can fix it for you soon!

Tenck

If by Christmas they fix any game breaking bugs, I will surely buy it for myself. Hopefully it goes on sale somewhere haha.

moojito

Going back to the tribes thing, it looks like playing soldier on a low grav server!

Speaking of soldier as well, that's a class I should have played more of sooner. Room-clearing crit rockets are things of beauty.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Tenck said:
Sheesh man, that sucks. I saw your post there when you originally started having the problem. Hopefully they can fix it for you soon!

Yeah, I love Tribes, but I can't play it for more than a few minutes before it crashes.

Tenck said:
If by Christmas they fix any game breaking bugs, I will surely buy it for myself. Hopefully it goes on sale somewhere haha.
It is Steamworks, so Gamersgate or GreenManGaming will have a nice deal for it.

I really need a new desk 'cause mine (which I got for free, so I'm not complaining TOO much) has these really tall drawers, which means I can't actually rest my arm on the top of the desk without my legs being pressed pretty hard against the bottom of the desk.

It makes long gaming sessions uncomfortable. ):

Top Bottom