• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Blizzard

Banned
I wish the lock and load had a more visible explosion or a more audible sound. I wish the firework pyro gun had a more visible explosion or a more audible sound.

Why do people call soldier solly? It only saves two letters. Why do people call soldiers sollies? It only saves ONE letter.

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
The Market Gardener is a straight upgrade to the shovel. So it's hard to call it useless.
Nope. That's only true if you're playing on a server with no random crits. But melee in this game is designed around random crits. The crit chance for melee weapons scales between 15% and 65% based on how much damage you've dealt in the last 20 seconds.

XeroSauce said:
None of your reasons are good enough. The items suck. ACCEPT IT.

I never thought I'd see anyone defend Loch 'n' Load. It is one of the worst weapons. At least Direct Hit has its one single use (even if there are better ways to take down a sentry), but using the Loch 'n' Load is like intentionally crippling yourself. Why would you limit your ability to do things?

So fucking awful.

Blizzard said:
Why do people call soldier solly? It only saves two letters. Why do people call soldiers sollies? It only saves ONE letter.
Because they are gross. So gross.

Yeef said:
Nope. That's only true if you're playing on a server with no random crits. But melee in this game is designed around random crits. The crit chance for melee weapons scales between 15% and 65% based on how much damage you've dealt in the last 20 seconds.

My memory has failed me! I completely forgot the Market Gardener didn't have random crits. I retract my false statement.

Blizzard said:
because it's his cute nickname? I never thought it had anything to do with being lazy or saving a letter.

Blizzard

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
because it's his cute nickname? I never thought it had anything to do with being lazy or saving a letter.
My opinion is that it isn't cute. It sounds like a sloppy, wet, limp rag. It sounds like someone saying "sorry" but "sowwy" in an effort to sound cute -- an effort which fails! It sounds like Ziegfeld Follies! All of these are inappropriate and only a few forum members whose names begin with B wish to think of the soldier in a dress!

I argue that my e-pinion is superior.

Blizzard said:
My opinion is that it isn't cute. It sounds like a sloppy, wet, limp rag. It sounds like someone saying "sorry" but "sowwy" in an effort to sound cute -- an effort which fails! It sounds like Ziegfeld Follies! All of these are inappropriate and only a few forum members whose names begin with B wish to think of the soldier in a dress!

I argue that my e-pinion is superior.
My e-pinion acquiesces in the presence of yours, good sir.

ArtistDude88 said:
I've always slightly disliked someone a little more for using "solly". Kind of like someone using "XD".
fallengorn said:
But it's super kawaii!

I hate "solly" with a passion
solly solly solly solly solly solly solly solly solly solly solly solly

i05SqtXplTZCw.gif

XD

OMG Aero

Blizzard said:
People like to invent dumb words for things in games they play.
See also 'sweets' in TF2 trading and pretty much the whole fighting game community.

I'm actually okay with shotty, for some reason.

But solly just enrages me in a way nothing else can. It is like the speaker has just given up on life. All hope is gone from their eyes. They are dead to themselves and everyone around them.

Togglesworlh said:
I'm actually okay with shotty, for some reason.

But solly just enrages me in a way nothing else can. It is like the speaker has just given up on life. All hope is gone from their eyes. They are dead to themselves and everyone around them.

Whatever you say, Togglesworlly.

XeroSauce

Togglesworlh said:
None of your reasons are good enough. The items suck. ACCEPT IT.

I never thought I'd see anyone defend Loch 'n' Load. It is one of the worst weapons. At least Direct Hit has its one single use (even if there are better ways to take down a sentry), but using the Loch 'n' Load is like intentionally crippling yourself. Why would you limit your ability to do things?

So fucking awful.

Because they are gross. So gross.

I think it's because I love using it with my Demoknight set-up, I guess 125 health classes don't expect you to one-shot them or mini-sentries so easily.

Plus two grenades into a Heavy into an Eyelander swing is like getting head from a hooker, only takes a few seconds compared to needing 3 or accidentally killing him.

Also, the Sydney Sleeper is the ultimate annoyance weapon. Nothing more aggravating that getting constantly peed on, from a distance.

Blizzard

Banned
XeroSauce said:
Plus two grenades into a Heavy into an Eyelander swing is like getting head from a hooker, only takes a few seconds compared to needing 3 or accidentally killing him.
I don't know what kind of hookers you have or how grenades and eyelanders figures into it, but I'm scared.

Sianos

Rickenslacker said:
Also people who say shotty.
Shotgun sounds so impersonal. I've bonded with my gun on another level!

Caber is and always will be the best demo melee weapon. The "I'm taking you with me" attack of TF2 for those hopeless situations. 150 damage is really powerful, and with a charge you can get up to 300 damage.

Javaman

ArtistDude88 said:
I've always slightly disliked someone a little more for using "solly". Kind of like someone using "XD".
Solly doesn't bother me as much as that retarded term "pocket medic". Whoever coined that needs to be beaten with a frozen fish.

Javaman said:
Solly doesn't bother me as much as that retarded term "pocket medic". Whoever coined that needs to be beaten with a frozen fish.
Objection!

Never has there been a singular term to describe a style of play in TF2 ever. Or in any videogame, for that matter.

mojiimbo

Not sure if it'll revert back after they fix it but as of now you can make uncraftable items(store bought, basically) craftable by trading them through Steam Trade.

OMG Aero

Javaman said:
But Pocket Medic is canon:
2Psw4.png

mojiimbo said:
Not sure if it'll revert back after they fix it but as of now you can make uncraftable items(store bought, basically) craftable by trading them through Steam Trade.
Where did you hear this? I just tried it and it didn't work.

Yeef

Javaman said:
"Pocket" is a general term. it means your goal is to protect the person you're pocketing. In general play usually only medics pocket though, so you hear "Pocket Medic" a lot. Occasionally you get Pyros pocketing engineers on defense too. If I remember correctly, in the 6v6 setup usually one soldier is the main offense, then he has a medic pocketing him then the second soldier pockets the medic.

mojiimbo

OMG Aero said:
Where did you hear this? I just tried it and it didn't work.
I did it myself and cleaned my rocket jumper, sticky jumper and both of my taunts. Did you use Steam Trade and not the in-game trade system? Maybe Valve fixed it already.

Tenck

ArtistDude88 said:
Thanks to the people who played TF2 with me tonight :D

Had a hilarious time Demo cabering on my birfday

If I would would have been home I would have joined you!!

Anyways, congratulations on your birfday!!!

Yeef

And the rain falls down without my help I'm afraid
And my lawn gets wet though I've withheld my consent
When this grey world crumbles like a cake
I'll be hanging from the hope
That I'll never see that recipe again~

(happy birthday, Guy)

Sianos

ArtistDude88 said:
Thanks to the people who played TF2 with me tonight :D

Had a hilarious time Demo cabering on my birfday

Happy birthday, Artist! Sorry I wasn't on tonight, you should have had an early birthday celebration yesterday! :p

I'll make it up to you tommorow with a post-birfday caber duel!

Top Bottom