• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

divisionbyzorro said:
Don't forget about the Crusader's Crossbow set bonus with the Amputator. There is potential there.
This is why I use it. (When I actually play... sorry I haven't been on lately, my computer's been dead)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
It has happened. I have changed my Steam avatar!

http://www.losercompany.com/images/blackwhite/yeef.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
Your avatar looks horrible as a thumbnail:
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/yeef.png

Also, Artist drew this a while ago, might as well share:
MrXlS.jpg

So I decided to play around with the Replay Editor for the first time. Go gently on me.

Lucksman Headshots

Not pictured: me backshotting that first heavy, and him not turning around.
Also not pictures: all headshots were dominations. :)

I kinda like the replay editor, but I doubt I'll play around with it too much.

Also: had I realized that you got a taunt for using the replay editor, I would have done this much sooner.

Hopefully next Halloween will be, new maps (NOT RESKINNED SHIT VALVE), new weapons (Again, not reskinned shit), new mode, just hats AND NO FUCKING GIFT HUNTING.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Double Gift Farming, farm all 100 gifts (Now spawn every 10 minutes) to make an action item that causes an explosion of spooky particles.

commissar

Maybe I'm blind but I only see a slight dip repeated post every other update, and then a MW3 drop off?

Week of Halloween seems to have a *slight* rise in players overall.

More telling however would be a graph of profits. Though we'll never see that.

Yeef

Javaman said:
http://i.imgur.com/2hCtS.png[IMG]

Someone posted this in the Official Steam thread. Just look at the Halloween drop off. Valve is [B]never going to learn[/B].[/QUOTE]You're just not seeing the bigger picture. All the big name games drop in Q4. Valve purposely designs the Halloween events to stop people from playing TF2 so they'll buy other games and Valve will rake in the money. For the people actually crazy enough to like the Halloween stuff, they purposely make it frustrating so that they'll buy it from the store instead of gift hunting.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
commissar said:
Maybe I'm blind but I only see a slight dip repeated post every other update, and then a MW3 drop off?

Week of Halloween seems to have a *slight* rise in players overall.

More telling however would be a graph of profits. Though we'll never see that.
"Hat made of Valves excess cash"

Yeef said:
You're just not seeing the bigger picture. All the big name games drop in Q4. Valve purposely designs the Halloween events to stop people from playing TF2 so they'll buy other games and Valve will rake in the money. For the people actually crazy enough to like the Halloween stuff, they purposely make it frustrating so that they'll buy it from the store instead of gift hunting.

It makes so much sense!

Forkball

The Halloween update was really disappointing for a lot of people. The best Valve could come up with was a reskinned map and the easiest boss in Terraria? Not to mention that Valve created a way to show off community contributions, but then completely decides to ignore the dozens of great Halloween contributions. And they somehow made the item hunt even worse. I can see why people would be tired of TF2. But they will come crawling back.

I still have no idea how the workshop works. There are a bunch of stuff in there that they didn't use for Halloween.

I wanted the Dead Ringer reskin!

Yeef

Professor Beef said:
You know what, Yeef? Sometimes I tire of your incisive observations that are humorously phrased and delivered with impeccable timing.
I should thank you. Now that you're a better person I can see how awful I really am. :(

Oreoleo

Javaman said:
:eek:( When's the cast come off?

I'm afraid it might not be that simple :( The cast I have now is removable, but I can't physically rotate my wrist all the way to face the keyboard yet. I ALMOST can, but that last little bit feels a hundred miles away. And then on top of that, because I broke my upper arm as well, having my arm extended out to reach the keyboard is equally as painful. Every day it gets a little bit better, but if I had to give a time frame, it'll probably be another month before I can use a keyboard with my left hand. And then probably another 6 months or more to get my whole arm back to regular working condition. I start physical therapy either this week or next so hopefully I can start making some real progress. I've got a long road ahead of me, no doubt, but things could have ended up so, so much worse I'm just happy to be here at all.

EhR98.jpg

The x-ray of my wrist is a little outdated now as I've had a second surgery to put more pins in. The round knobby bone on the outside of the wrist was shattered to like 5 or 6 pieces, so it had to be reconstructed.

XeroSauce

Orellio said:
I'm afraid it might not be that simple :( The cast I have now is removable, but I can't physically rotate my wrist all the way to face the keyboard yet. I ALMOST can, but that last little bit feels a hundred miles away. And then on top of that, because I broke my upper arm as well, having my arm extended out to reach the keyboard is equally as painful. Every day it gets a little bit better, but if I had to give a time frame, it'll probably be another month before I can use a keyboard with my left hand. And then probably another 6 months or more to get my whole arm back to regular working condition. I start physical therapy either this week or next so hopefully I can start making some real progress. I've got a long road ahead of me, no doubt, but things could have ended up so, so much worse I'm just happy to be here at all.

EhR98.jpg

The x-ray of my wrist is a little outdated now as I've had a second surgery to put more pins in. The round knobby bone on the outside of the wrist was shattered to like 5 or 6 pieces, so it had to be reconstructed.

Did someone hit you with a Strange Pain Train?

Oreoleo

XeroSauce said:
Did someone hit you with a Strange Pain Train?

At least then I'd have someone to point my finger at. No, I just took my car for a joyride and rolled it a handful of times. Speeding is bad, mkay?

Proven

Hey guys. Yeah, I've been gone for like two weeks. Midterm crunch.

Oreo, you didn't play like someone with a broken arm, so I'm going to call shenanigans.

The fact that so many people are playing Skyrim meant that the server wasn't constantly packed, but still had a good roster. Good playing with all of you again. And Kristen, try to not run after me so often! I know I'm in danger, but I'll always make my way back to you. Somehow. Sometimes through respawn. But still, have faith.

And I got my second ever reflect arrow kill on Artistdude. That was great, until Artistdude went Spy and proceeded to kill me four times in a row on Hoodoo, each time at the very moment I get distracted by something instead of watching my back.

Damn, Oreo, that's pretty gnarly.

Also, we almost had a full server!

Almost.

I guess I'll hang up the TF2GAF jersey for a while and just rage in pub servers.

Oreoleo

Proven said:
Oreo, you didn't play like someone with a broken arm, so I'm going to call shenanigans.

Hah, man I wish. It's been almost a month since the accident so I'm a little better than I was, I couldn't even hold the controller properly till about a week and a half ago. At this point it just limits which classes I can play effectively. I used to be a force to be reckoned with as heavy, but at one point tonight I was like 1 and 9 with him. So I've just been sticking to medic mostly, but I can still play pyro decently enough and I was doing okay as demoman on defense. Beyond that it gets pretty ugly.

Javaman

Orellio said:
Hah, man I wish. It's been almost a month since the accident so I'm a little better than I was, I couldn't even hold the controller properly till about a week and a half ago. At this point it just limits which classes I can play effectively. I used to be a force to be reckoned with as heavy, but at one point tonight I was like 1 and 9 with him. So I've just been sticking to medic mostly, but I can still play pyro decently enough and I was doing okay as demoman on defense. Beyond that it gets pretty ugly.

On the plus side, this is working out to be a good source of rehabilitation for you. Probably pushing youself harder than actual rehab would.

Oreoleo

Javaman said:
On the plus side, this is working out to be a good source of rehabilitation for you. Probably pushing youself harder than actual rehab would.

Well I maybe wouldn't go that far, but yeah it's a nice workout for my hand muscles. After the accident I couldn't move my arm or fingers at all but already my fingers are pretty much back to how they were beforehand. Who says video games aren't good for your health? B)

I'd play with you guys more, however:

1. You're too good.
2. You play at none friendly UK hours
3. You're too good.
4. I suck.
5. I'll blame the lag.
6. I don't want to cry.

Top Bottom