• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Chinner

Banned
i was trying to get some announcement power in the neogaf european group so i could get games together and people thought it was a good idea but it never happened.,

TGMIII

I've not been around as much to play but even when I first put the server up I would make announcements constantly and idle in the server waiting for people to join. Of the 3 months its been up it's been filled once and over half of the players were just random public players.

It's not like there's not enough EU players, there are, but they just stay on their own servers and never join, which I have no problem with but it would have been nice to have the server get some use after so many people said they would love a euro server.

Chinner said:
i was trying to get some announcement power in the neogaf european group so i could get games together and people thought it was a good idea but it never happened.,

I've never had a message from you about this either here or on steam and I've asked numerous times if people wanted to help admin the server in my absence. If you're still interested let me know.

Clydefrog

TCaYF.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I would photoshop a Skyrim helmet onto the tumbleweed, but I don't have the right resources. I'm going to designate Borgnine as the guy to do it instead (though he's probably too busy playing Skyrim).

Tenck

Blizzard said:
I would photoshop a Skyrim helmet onto the tumbleweed, but I don't have the right resources. I'm going to designate Borgnine as the guy to do it instead (though he's probably too busy playing Skyrim).

He's too busy looking up the answers to puzzles on Google :p

I was looking into different HUDs today because I wanted to try out having my health and ammo counters closer to the center so I gave FrankenHUD a whirl. It's really weird going to a new HUD after being so familiarized with one for hundreds of hours, but I like it.

Maffis

Rickenslacker said:
I was looking into different HUDs today because I wanted to try out having my health and ammo counters closer to the center so I gave FrankenHUD a whirl. It's really weird going to a new HUD after being so familiarized with one for hundreds of hours, but I like it.

I personally use communitytf2hud. I like it a lot. Only problem is that the creator is very slow to update it whenever there's a update that breaks it.

Yeef

I'm fine with the default HUD. Only change I've made is to change the damage numbers to the TF2BUILD font and made them yellow with a black outline.

Also, they just posted on the TF2 Blog about Team Fortress TV where you can watch live TF2 games all day long!

So I clicked it and even they're playing DOTA2.

Pack it up. TF2 is over.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
It's just Dota, not DOTA.

But yeah TF2 has been dead for years. Let it go, people!
Valve can call it Dota all they want, but everyone knows it's really DOTA. Don't kid yourself.

Yeef said:
Well, with that attitude, now it's D.O.T.A.

Do not invoke my wrath, or I'll make it D Of The A!
Your problem is in thinking I actually care. I was only being kind in informing you of your mistake. If you choose to ignore reality, that has no bearing on my life!

For the record, I like D of the A. Let's do that one from now on.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Christ. For anyone who missed the drama on gaming side: My credit card statement was $200 high this month, all of it from Steam. I freaked, thinking I was a victim of the recent hack. Contact Steam, contact my credit card company....

Then my brother confesses. I had let him use my card on his account a long ways back to buy some stuff. It was still on his account, so he used it to buy some more stuff, which he was "planning on telling me".
Long story short he bought $200 in keys. Traded the keys for Buds at a rate of 10:1. Held onto them. After the update with the second misc. slot the Buds shot up in price to 16 or 17. He then sold them for keys, and the keys for money. He made $300 total, a $100 profit.

Holy. Hell.

Yeef

The_Technomancer said:
Christ. For anyone who missed the drama on gaming side: My credit card statement was $200 high this month, all of it from Steam. I freaked, thinking I was a victim of the recent hack. Contact Steam, contact my credit card company....

Then my brother confesses. I had let him use my card on his account a long ways back to buy some stuff. It was still on his account, so he used it to buy some more stuff, which he was "planning on telling me".
Long story short he bought $200 in keys. Traded the keys for Buds at a rate of 10:1. Held onto them. After the update with the second misc. slot the Buds shot up in price to 16 or 17. He then sold them for keys, and the keys for money. He made $300 total, a $100 profit.

Holy. Hell.
And all this time I assumed you were an only child. Is your brother also into Technomancy? And, more importantly, were either of your parents Tecnhomancers? is it a family business or are you the beginning of the line? A 50% return in such a short time is a pretty good investment, but could he have made more putting that effort into Mancering Technos?

(In case you can't tell, I am bored.)

Forkball

The_Technomancer said:

Holy. Hell.
If he was a real man he would open 200 crates and hope to get enough unusuals for a massive profit.

XeroSauce

Blizzard said:
Some of us still don't even have invites to D-to-the-A, so we're stuck playing Team Fortress 2 (just kidding, LoL and Skyrim).
Mah brother.

TF2 got boring at the same time that Skyrim and LoL got more interesting. I know I'll come back soon but for now only my Idlers are playing TF2, while I kill trolls.

Tenck

TF2 wishes it was Skyrim and Dota right now.

*Betrays Skyrim to join TF2 Gaf*

Edit: Wow TF2 wont start for me. My screen keeps turning off and on when launching it.

Forkball

Blog post.

holiday_items_2.jpg

It's that special time of mid-November, where nothing is special yet, but you can feel the tingle of impending specialness right around the corner. All the signs are there. When you kill a man, you can actually see his last breath hanging in the chill mid-November pre-specialness air. Turkeys have retreated to their bunkers in a vain attempt to weather the upcoming onslaught of holidays devoted to gleeful turkey slaughter. And, are those sleighbells we hear? Because our legal department assures us they aren't. That's right, TFers. It's beginning to look a lot like an upcoming holiday our legal department won't let us mention, but that rhymes with "Smissmas".

Everywhere, that is, except in our item submission queue, where there doesn't seem to be any Smissmas joy at all. No Smissmas trees. No smazzletoe. Not even a smamukkah bush, which is a different holiday we can't mention but would also have been acceptable.

So it's up to you, item crafters! You've got until December 1st to have your hearts grow three sizes, be visited by spirits in the night, and get in the Smissmas spirit by submitting holiday-themed items to the Steam Workshop. What holiday? Your guess is as good as ours!

Merry Bazzlebarp, everybody!

There were a ton of community Halloween items but Valve only uploaded two or so. Glad to see they are willing to dig into the community to get some cool designs. It was pretty strange to unveil the workshop and then barely use anything from it.

Dont worry 4snipers ill play every other class. Its a fucking shame when i gotta change class constantly (like every-other death constantly) to try and handle shit. I suck i should not be the go-to guy...yes i just lost like 3in a row and quit after the last lost and im pissed.....wheres AD and wartime when you need them

Golly LotusClan servers are full of some of the worst players which makes for some mighty fine raging. But, oh man, this made me laugh pretty hard:

EjwvD.jpg

Bluth54

Forkball said:
Blog post.

holiday_items_2.jpg

There were a ton of community Halloween items but Valve only uploaded two or so. Glad to see they are willing to dig into the community to get some cool designs. It was pretty strange to unveil the workshop and then barely use anything from it.

Sounds like Valve forgot to make Christmas items this year ;)

Also, I don't want any more reskins.

Dear Saxta:

I've been a very good boy! I want more boots for my demoman, a new bow for my sniper, and more shotguns for everybody. And please put a big block of coal in the spy's stocking. That guy is an asshole.

I have cookies for you, but the heavy might have eaten them.
-dbz

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
OMG Aero said:
Personally I would like the Festive Tree to become Christmas' equivalent of the Gibus and get more festive each year.
I wouldn't be opposed to that, but it's not like people can pick those up last year like the Gibus.

Surprised there aren't any Christmas stuff in the Workshop at all.

XsAHt.jpg
OKgFA.jpg
GPS44.jpg

A rocket launcher that shoots tinsel would be cool.

Top Bottom