• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Added new promo items
  • Fixed a bug preventing some server-side quickplay filtering from working, causing clients to ping too many servers
  • Fixed a bug where an item with an empty craft_class (e.g. the Apoco-Fists) could be obtained via crafting
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed untradable items to be traded with Steam trading
  • Web API changes:
  • Added flag_cannot_craft to GetPlayerItems web API output
  • Added description_string and description_format for some hidden attributes in the GetSchema output
  • Updated Pl_Upward
  • Fixed a teleporter griefing position near control point B
  • Updated Pl_Barnblitz
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to get into the opposing team's respawn room
  • Updated the localization files

Wendel Clark said:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Fixed a bug where an item with an empty craft_class (e.g. the Apoco-Fists) could be obtained via crafting
Congratulations, the Three Rune Blade, Maul and Apoco-Fists are now entirely unobtainable. The Unarmed Combat and Wanga Prick are now buy-only weapons, lots of other weapons are now random drop/buy only.

:/

balladofwindfishes said:
Congratulations, the Three Rune Blade, Maul and Apoco-Fists are now entirely unobtainable. The Unarmed Combat and Wanga Prick are now buy-only weapons, lots of other weapons are now random drop/buy only.

oh man :/

Tenck said:
I have brought NSQuote to the Tribes Ascend side, now you have no silly scouts!

tumblr_ltvzvl6gUm1qacjel.gif

balladofwindfishes said:

that sucks

Sianos

I only really play on the GAF server anyways, as soon as an event is sent/Boney feels lonely I'll be there.

Apparently the Scout class is locked and I have to slog through a [long period of time] of slowpoke classes. Can you idle for tokens? :U

My game keeps crashing, this happen for anyone else? I did the "Verify Integrity" option, and it came up w/ nothing.

This has been happening for a while now.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
There is a neogaf European server but I've never seen it filled.

I've got a server with Eurogamer if you care to join us.

I play on the EG server now and again :) Just waiting for other games to stop being good, and for TF2 to become stable again. I'll be back!

(My name is Kilchkov in TF2/Steam)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
ArtistDude88 said:
Another abysmal turn out in the server :(

Ya'll put me in such a pickle. I want to play TF2, but GAF is the only good server.
Would've totally got on but had improv practice.

You should've changed your name to Javaman. That'll bring 'em.

Javaman said:
It ain't southern if it's spelled or said right!
Tru nuff. Can't really argue with that.

fallout said:
It could be "ya all".
No, because that's ambiguous. If that was a possibility, how would one know the difference between "ya will" and "ya all"? Certainly ain't context. Englishmericans don't speak context.

Also, periods outside the quotes are boss. Why? BECAUSE THEY MAKE SENSE. Shut the fuck up.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
Also, periods outside the quotes are boss. Why? BECAUSE THEY MAKE SENSE. Shut the fuck up.
No they don't. They also don't make sense inside of quotes. What would make the most sense is both together, but that's ugly.

They make sense when they make sense.

For example: "She said, 'Yeef is a stupid man.'"

That makes sense because the period is part of the thing she actually said. You don't need the extra period outside the quote because in this case it's redundant.

What doesn't make sense: "The correct contraction of 'you' and 'all' is 'y'all.'"

The period in the above sentence is not accurate at all. "You" and "all" is not "y'all." when contraction-ed.

What does make sense: "The correct contraction of 'you' and 'all' is 'y'all'."

You need the period outside the quote because otherwise the sentence would not actually end.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
They make sense when they make sense.

For example: "She said, 'Yeef is a stupid man.'"

That makes sense because the period is part of the thing she actually said. You don't need the extra period outside the quote because in this case it's redundant.
Nope! The quote opens another, nested sentence which should have its own punctuation. It's like this

She said "
Yeef is the best!​
".

Doing it the 'correct' way with just a single instance of punctuation forces everyone involved to use the same voice. Perhaps the narrator isn't as excited as the person he's quoting. Having him use the exclamation mark would betray his trust and reduce his ability to express himself.

In this way, you can nest infinitely and each speaker will have their own voice.

She said "
Did n0b say something silly like "​
You are a stupids for saying "​
Payload is the best mode!​
".​
"?​
".

Of course, we can ignore the extra white space and just write it like this: She said "Did n0b say something silly like "You are a stupids for saying "Payload is the best mode!"."?".

This is the most cromulent way to do things, but it also makes things ugly and hard to parse for feeble-minded humans.

Avocado said:
If I pre-purchase trine 2 now, do I get the pre-order items?

I just pre-purchased it, and I don't see them in the backpack viewer. I've never had a genuine preorder item before, so I don't know when they typically get dropped.

You incorrect usage of double-quotes within double-quotes severely weakens your argument. Get the fuck outta here.

Perhaps the narrator isn't as excited as the person he's quoting. Having him use the exclamation mark would betray his trust and reduce his ability to express himself.
Then the narrator should better express thonself through words. "Said" is the least emotional, least descriptive way to express that someone spoke.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
You incorrect usage of double-quotes within double-quotes severely weakens your argument. Get the fuck outta here.
Nope. Alternating quotes is a syntax created solely to cover a weakness of feeble-minded humans and their inability to parse simple characters. Using open quotes (“) and close quotes (”) makes it apparent when you're changing the level of nesting.

Then the narrator should better express thonself through words. "Said" is the least emotional, least descriptive way to express that someone spoke.
You have no context to make that claim. perhaps the narrator is lamenting the overuse of the word 'said' with an example. Regardless, that is outside the scope of this discussion, sir.

Grinchy

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
Golly LotusClan servers are full of some of the worst players which makes for some mighty fine raging. But, oh man, this made me laugh pretty hard:

http://i.imgur.com/EjwvD.jpg[/QUOTE]
When I jump into a Lotus server I never know if I'm playing against really shitty players or if the server is just full of bots. It's probably a little bit of each.

Top Bottom