• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

i just jumped on Janky and think i ruined some peoples fun....sorry bout that...But all seems ok with mic. default v is good enough for me....I dont want it too close to the move keys.

JackEtc

Obsessed said:
18 here and I have a horrible voice. Don't worry, nobody cares.
:D
Alright, then I probably will, depending on how late I'm playing tonight.

Also, is a drop really the only way to get the Triboniophorus Tyrannus? Because I am IN LOVE with that hat.

Blizzard

Banned
commissar said:
yeef is just bitter about his "dirty crits" as he never says that anymore D:
Yeef never talks anymore. I think he got his voice shot off in the war.

Yeef said:
I was using Natascha last night as a lark and it just made me feel like an awful person.
I use my strange Natascha so I can level it up occasionally. I used to love trolling demomen and scouts with it. Now...I'm honestly not sure if I can even tell any slowing effect at all, most of the time. I want a gun that stops people in their tracks, darn it, especially scouts and demomans. No one should be able to run or jump fast. :(

JackEtc

No item server, then I try and connect and get "there was a problem communicating with the steam servers make sure you are signed on to steam and try again later".

Fuck.

JackEtc

Made an offer on a Slug....

sVPKs.png

Proven

AcciDante said:
...why do you like Natascha?
Sgt.Pepper said:
Trolling purposes maybe?
Yeef said:
I was using Natascha last night as a lark and it just made me feel like an awful person.

I like it's effect. Honestly, considering everything else in this game, from rockets popping people into the air to airblasting people off cliffs, I still can't believe people have beef between it and the Sandman. There's just no difference to me between getting bonked or slow while at low health and not having much option to survive and having someone rocket or sticky jump at me at the same amount of health and not having much option to survive. And slow/stun effects always promote teamwork, from both combined fire and protecting the affected teammate.

I don't play Heavy often, but I was 50/50 between Sasha and Natasha when it first came out, and when they finally buffed it I was using it exclusively until the damage and slow nerf came about. Now I'm back to 50/50. Never liked the Brass Beast, and after seeing just how much weaker the Tomislav is with a Kritzkrieg I've stopped using that as well.

In any game I play, I tend to gravitate towards the buff/debuff characters, and in most games those are the support characters. In TF2 this tends to mean Medic, Banner Soldier, Engineer, and Pyro, in that order. Natasha gave me debuff ability in spades, especially considering it used to be an effective harassing tool at long ranges. Now the only characters I regularly play with any decent long range ability are Soldier and Flare gun Pyro.

I should probably use the Wrangler more...

XeroSauce

Proven said:
I like it's effect. Honestly, considering everything else in this game, from rockets popping people into the air to airblasting people off cliffs, I still can't believe people have beef between it and the Sandman. There's just no difference to me between getting bonked or slow while at low health and not having much option to survive and having someone rocket or sticky jump at me at the same amount of health and not having much option to survive. And slow/stun effects always promote teamwork, from both combined fire and protecting the affected teammate.

I don't play Heavy often, but I was 50/50 between Sasha and Natasha when it first came out, and when they finally buffed it I was using it exclusively until the damage and slow nerf came about. Now I'm back to 50/50. Never liked the Brass Beast, and after seeing just how much weaker the Tomislav is with a Kritzkrieg I've stopped using that as well.

In any game I play, I tend to gravitate towards the buff/debuff characters, and in most games those are the support characters. In TF2 this tends to mean Medic, Banner Soldier, Engineer, and Pyro, in that order. Natasha gave me debuff ability in spades, especially considering it used to be an effective harassing tool at long ranges. Now the only characters I regularly play with any decent long range ability are Soldier and Flare gun Pyro.

I should probably use the Wrangler more...

Wrangler is beastly. I hate Wrangled Sentries because they take forever to take down. Regular sentries feel like toys compared to them.

Wrangled Minisentries may be the most annoying thing in the game next to spam.

Grimm Fandango said:
LOB is so damn funny. They had a good one about the Mario boxarts or something, trying to find it.

I wonder how many actual crazy fundamentalists sign up for the site. And I wonder how many angry atheists thinking it is a crazy fundy site sign up.

Would a section on the wiki detailing the design and creation of community items be something you guys would like?

I'm sending out some feelers to gauge interest in the project.

XeroSauce

balladofwindfishes said:
Would a section on the wiki detailing the design and creation of community items be something you guys would like?

On the weapon/hat page itself or as it's own section?

DarkKyo

balladofwindfishes said:

I feel like there are already enough reference/tutorial pages out there but if anything that sounds like it should be on a source engine prop/map creation wiki. However, maybe a wiki page dedicated to the TF2.com contribute page with some brief explanations(filetypes to submit and how to go about making the filetypes) could be useful.

Proven

XeroSauce said:
Wrangler is beastly. I hate Wrangled Sentries because they take forever to take down. Regular sentries feel like toys compared to them.

Wrangled Minisentries may be the most annoying thing in the game next to spam.

Wrangled Minisentries are exactly what I was considering. I was watching the VOD of a UGC Highlander game yesterday and it looked a lot more effective than I thought it would be.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
Wrangled Minisentries are exactly what I was considering. I was watching the VOD of a UGC Highlander game yesterday and it looked a lot more effective than I thought it would be.
Played 6vs6 with a high lvl player...they banned him from using it after he decimated the other team.

Obsessed said:
landover baptist is a known parody site. Don't worry.
Oh I'm aware. I was talking about in a more meta sort of way where we seem to have gone full circle on trolling, where trolls try to troll trolls and get trolled instead by other trolls... or something.

Blizzard

Banned
Proven said:
Well they have autoaim, which makes it even more entertaining.

thefil

Question:

Just played against a Scout on 5gorge who doubled anyone else's score, never missed me with a pistol/scattergun shot, and achieved Scout Milestone 1 during the match.

Does it sound like a hacker or am I just sore for being in second place and dominated?

thefil said:
Question:

Just played against a Scout on 5gorge who doubled anyone else's score, never missed me with a pistol/scattergun shot, and achieved Scout Milestone 1 during the match.

Does it sound like a hacker or am I just sore for being in second place and dominated?

Hard to tell really.

thefil said:
Question:

Could be a hacker, could be not. Lots of people make a new F2P account just to hack so they don't ban their main account.

Top Bottom