• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Huh? I thought the GAF server was for Gaffers only? Or has that changed? It's been a long time since I played.

im pretty sure it is, i was talking about the flood of bitching that exists in other team fortress 2 servers not GAF related....

Sianos

I hate when I'm having fun on the GAF server 1v1ing someone and out of nowhere some stupid, random heavy who I've never heard of joins and ruins everything. Ruined the match between Bacon and I last night. Don't these people know their TF2 etiquette?

Acerac

Banned
I've found that when I talk in this game other programs like mumble and itunes get their volume reduced significantly. This is all well and good, I understand that this is a feature, but it seems that the game has a bad habit of keeping these sounds at their reduced levels even after I stop holding down the talk button. Does anyone have any idea how i can prevent this from happening? Alt-tabbing and resetting the volume mixer has been getting frustrating. -_-

commissar

If you're in Windows 7, it changes the mixing according to whatever is running.
You need to look for the Windows option and disable it.

I had a similar issue where Skype ruined everything. Unfortunately for you, I forgot what I did to fix it. I just googled it :]

Oreoleo

I probably should have realized this like a month ago, but unlike a lot of PC games that make you choose between kb/m or controller, TF2 is one of the few games where you can use both at the same time. SO! Instead of having to use a controller to aim and do everything and be at a huge disadvantage, now I can use my mouse to aim and shoot WHILE using my controller to move around and jump and crouch. So now that it won't feel like a chore to keep up with everyone else I should be in the server a lot more regularly again. Happy day!

Sianos

You've successfully flanked the enemy and delivered a 100 damage meatshot.

As a reward, listen to this sound loop and stare at this still of the person about to kill you.

Every. Single. Time.

I thought the crashes would lessen as time goes on, but they've gotten worse. The more I practice the more irritating it becomes. Nothing matters if you can't move.

Blizzard

Banned

As a reward, listen to this sound loop and stare at this still of the person about to kill you.

Every. Single. Time.

I thought the crashes would lessen as time goes on, but they've gotten worse. The more I practice the more irritating it becomes. Nothing matters if you can't move.
Yeah, I only had that happen once tonight...you're on the cart, about to kill (or be killed) by two people, what's gonna happen? 5-second sound loop freeze, then the game resumes.

Every. Single. Time.

It seems to happen more to you than everyone else.
Have you try the norms? Defrag, delete TF2 directory, verify, etc?

commissar

Every. Single. Time.

I suggest trying any and all of the following:
update drivers, validate files, defrag gcfs, use combination of net_graph and the console to check what is causing the hold up during play, reset your router.
hopefully one of those will work :)

I have similar freezes sometimes but usually occurs when I'm wandering from point a to b so I havent worried about it.

Blizzard said:
He must have been trying to countersnipe, a futile endeavor with such latency!
no he was being scout and walking in straight lines for some reason. probably because of his "lag nsquote" script

Sianos

I've verified and tried deleting the folder, but not defragging or checking for new drivers. I'll try that and see what happens.

I've got a decent computer, so I don't know why. Running a frames config, so at least I don't have an FPS issue any more. Runs fairly smooth until it just locks up for a few seconds, usually right after I've alerted someone to my position and am getting ready for the second shot.

And every single time Yeef yelled "COME ON QUOTE YOU CAN KILL __________" it happened. How embarrassing. D:

Thans for the advce, everyone! I'll see if this helps at all, hope it does.

I've verified and tried deleting the folder, but not defragging or checking for new drivers. I'll try that and see what happens.

I've got a decent computer, so I don't know why. Running a frames config, so at least I don't have an FPS issue any more. Runs fairly smooth until it just locks up for a few seconds, usually right after I've alerted someone to my position and am getting ready for the second shot.

And every single time Yeef yelled "COME ON QUOTE YOU CAN KILL __________" it happened. How embarrassing. D:

Thans for the advce, everyone! I'll see if this helps at all, hope it does.

It happens to me about once every 10 minutes. And never when i'm walking around. Nope. Always when I round a corner oh boy there is a bunch of guys i'm gonna kill them all -em all -em all -em all -em all -em all -em all

BOOM

Dead.

Awesome.

Yeef

I've been getting hang ups too, but they're only like a third of a second, so i mostly ignore them. They have gotten me killed once or twice, but I'm sure they've saved me more than that, so I don't mind.

no he was being scout and walking in straight lines for some reason. probably because of his "lag nsquote" script
With the GAF server dead, I've been playing random matchmaking servers when I needed to scratch the itch, so I've gotten used to being able to walk up to snipers and taunt kill them without them even damaging me. ;(

commissar

With the GAF server dead, I've been playing random matchmaking servers when I needed to scratch the itch, so I've gotten used to being able to walk up to snipers and taunt kill them without them even damaging me. ;(
Can't happen if you can't get to the balcony!

Weirdly the entrance was within red spawn. I guess the door to the final cap must let blu through, not so you'd ever figure it out.
Also that whole map is a snipers dream of all the wide open space in the world.

Yeef

Can't happen if you can't get to the balcony!

Weirdly the entrance was within red spawn. I guess the door to the final cap must let blu through, not so you'd ever figure it out.
Also that whole map is a snipers dream of all the wide open space in the world.
We had played the map before, so I'd already seen it all. I'd seen everything. I vaguely recall being able to triple jump to the balcony from the stack of boxes on the left, but in that game sniper + sentry guns meant i never actually made it.

I really need to figure out when you guys are on so I can play. I grow weary of owning fools in Skial24/7Dustbowl... To the point I loaded up Team Fortress Classic recently. Surprising how many still play that game.

Top Bottom