• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Was in some random server the other day with SpitFire and this guy asked, "Artist Dude do you post on GAF? :eek:", or something of the like. Kinda odd!

Hi blisterbrown (I think it was) if you're reading <<

Yeef

Was in some random server the other day with SpitFire and this guy asked, "Artist Dude do you post on GAF? :eek:", or something of the like. Kinda odd!

Hi blisterbrown (I think it was) if you're reading <<
You don't post on GAF though.

Outside of the TF2 trading thread and this thread. I don't think I've ever seen you post!

Now that search is back, though, I suppose I can properly stalk all of you. :D

Oreoleo

To all of the medic mains out there: got any tips for using the Kritzkrieg effectively?

It is not your responsibility to follow the team mate you are healing into battle if he is out-matched and your charge isn't full yet, that is his own damn problem. It is infinitely easier for him to respawn and catch back up with you then it is to rebuild your uber. And always keep moving, even when you are away from the front lines, you never know when an enemy spy/sniper/flanking scout has a beat on you.

And I tend to only use kritz on defense. It's going to do you no good if you need to push up and take out a sentry on offense. And use it before the other team can build and pop their uber, the medic will rage so fast.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
does anyone have some basic tactics for using the spy? I can use all the other classes well, and I know the basis of his weapons, but I just can't use him well at all.

does anyone have some basic tactics for using the spy? I can use all the other classes well, and I know the basis of his weapons, but I just can't use him well at all.

-Know the maps! Knowing where health kits and ammo kits are is essential
-Use your revolver! You can see enemy health. Use that to judge whether to shoot or try for a back stab.
-Strike while they're distracted! Your team storming the point with an uber? Use the opportunity while they're focusing on them!
-Act like the other team! If you're disguised and running right toward their team or sentry, it's really obvious.
-Take different routes! Avoid narrow walkways, walking close around corners, center of doors (bumping into people) and taking obvious paths if you're being chased (towards kits)
-Change disguises often! Especially on all-talk servers ;) Also, cloak while you're invisible or the other team will see the disguise smoke.

And uhm... Don't use the Cloak & Dagger for learning.

Blizzard

Banned
-Use your revolver! You can see enemy health. Use that to judge whether to shoot or try for a back stab.
-Strike while they're distracted! Your team storming the point with an uber? Use the opportunity while they're focusing on them!
-Act like the other team! If you're disguised and running right toward their team or sentry, it's really obvious.
-Take different routes! Avoid narrow walkways, walking close around corners, center of doors (bumping into people) and taking obvious paths if you're being chased (towards kits)
-Change disguises often! Especially on all-talk servers ;) Also, cloak while you're invisible or the other team will see the disguise smoke.

-Use bombs wisely! Err, I mean what artist said.

No it's not. It teaches camping and being slow/useless. But to each their own.

It only does this if you treat it as the best choice. If you are specifically using it as a learning tool, it is the best way to learn.

More than that, it's not impossible to do well with the C&D. Just because you can camp, doesn't mean you have to. In some rare situations, it actually IS the best choice. But those situations are, indeed, rare, and even more rarely actually exist across multiple kills.

But I guess you have to actually be a good spy to know that.

No it's not. It teaches camping and being slow/useless. But to each their own.

+1 on that. the C&D *almost* runs counter to what makes playing Spy fun. you're not deceiving anyone because you're spending 3/4 of the time you're alive trying to hide in a safe place instead of skillfully deceiving and blending in with the enemy.

Just a different way to play I guess, but it's nowhere near as challenging or rewarding.

Yeef

The fact that you have to crouch walk to maximize the cloak and dagger's cloak time makes it the stupidest thing ever. It's always funny watching new/bad players use it on matchmaking servers though. A lot of the time, they'll spend like the entire match sitting in a corner until someone runs buy, decloak and get killed instantly. Then they'll do it again and again and again. I always imagine them flipping a shit when they actually manage to kill someone. "HAHAHAHA. I KILLED YOU! I AM THE BEST. FUCK YEAH!"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I'm not sure if you're being ironic, but I will give these a test. Thanks.

Tenck

What's this nonsense about C&D being bad?!?!?!

As soon as we get a game going, I'll exclusively use the C&D and *beat everyone!

*Outcome may differ. Believe with caution!

Hey guys, was wondering if there's a GAF server to play on? Want to get involved in some matches.

Usually play as Sniper.

Steam name is Ubermatik

I decided to hop into a payload server for the first time in a while.

God damn payload is a shitty-ass gametype. It's only bearable if the server sets class limits and limits the heavy to 1.

Sianos

I decided to hop into a payload server for the first time in a while.

God damn payload is a shitty-ass gametype. It's only bearable if the server sets class limits and limits the heavy to 1.
Payload is the worst vanilla mode and amounts to just spamming down a corridor while being recharged by the mobile dispenser. The majority of the maps have few to no flank routes, and are often blocked off by one way doors or don't lead behind the enemy. It just comes down to having Heavies and Demomen spamming down a corridor while more Heavies and Demomen spam back at them with the help of multiple sentries.

Pick demoman
Spamming stickies as people walk out of the same two corridors has about the same tactical skill as Duck Hunt. Yeah, it works (too) well, but it just shows how unbalanced Payload maps are.

Yeef

Payload can be fun. The problem is that most Payload maps are poorly designed. Up until the engineer update, though, all of the stock payload maps other than badwater were horrible and terrible. Upward and Thunder Mountain are both on the good side of the payload divide. If you include custom maps, Cashworks and Swiftwater are tolerable. Deadwood would be good if they increased Red spawn time at the last point.

Still, given the choice between payload and most other modes, I'd generally rather play other modes.

Forkball

Brrrilliant.png

ECACF9220390F00AF55CE2582B4E6442CE15CDC4

1A8B300F12A883C9CA1DD8539F810A94A2A0AC45

Scouter.png

biggestpresent.jpg

E664A512E93FFB0B53D6AE5E8B2302E0814E28E5

merryfistmas.jpg

jCIYA.jpg

olnickwip1.jpg

366BD7A28EFFC9581045F8F9A01957A1B0001D86

00E5C24E4292D90E9166EBB3A81A2F52F83C0B0F