• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

I wouldn't mind payload as much if you removed all the terrible maps and just kept Upward, a two stage Thunder Mountain (not every stage every time), Badwater, and a few high quality customs. Those are decent, and I understand that some people like Payload (and have finally explained theit opinion). However, as it is there are too many Payload maps and the majority of them are terrible.

Also, I'm with Meta and Artist that random crits should be off. Look, a server with stats and no crits!

you should play with me, AD, Boney, and NSQuote (when i bump into him)....we have loads of fun
I'm there when Boney summons me.

It's a lot of fun, you guys should join us!

Blizzard

Banned
Payload and KOTH are probably my favorite modes, then assymetrical capture point maps. I have probably even described why before! Some quick thoughts since you all care so much about me and my opinions:

Payload means that once you've made a certain amount of progress, the cart will never go back past that point. If teams are horrible and you get crushed and don't make it past that point, then the map/round will end early. Perhaps most importantly, with 5 points of payload, a single game has a bunch of different fighting areas with different characteristics and routes. If you're going to spend 30 minutes on a map, I prefer it to be in a bunch of different areas rather than hightower (two mirrored halves of a relatively small map) or a 5-point-capture map (two mirrored halves where the action goes back and forth and back and forth in the same area without the variety).

I agree that the maps are probably why I hate payload. I love Payload Race, and theoretically it should suffer from the same heavy-spam problem, but the open nature of maps makes it more interesting, especially as a defender.

Payload just throws the class balance off. Scout and Pyro tend to be useless (save for the dedicated spy-checking pyro) because they can't flank, and the Heavy is over-valued because of his cart-pushing prowess.

Card Boy

Banned
How much are the Assassins Creed Revelations TF2 items worth?

Maybe i should offload them at the Xmas sale when they are no longer available.

Loch'n'Load is a valid choice for a Demoknight, but a horrible choice for a Demoman.

Booties are good too, but only for the +25 hp. Demoknight needs a speed boost over everything else; a pair of boots that up movement speed would be boss.

Yeef

I bought a 4-pack of Greed Corp. but I don't really have anyone in mind for the other three. So, how's this. If you play for at least 3 maps in a row tonight you'll be entered into a pool to randomly win a copy. Three winners total!

There, that is the motivation you need to play right now!

SO DO IT!

XeroSauce

I bought a 4-pack of Greed Corp. but I don't really have anyone in mind for the other three. So, how's this. If you play for at least 3 maps in a row tonight you'll be entered into a pool to randomly win a copy. Three winners total!

There, that is the motivation you need to play right now!

SO DO IT!

You manage to give out those copies, let me know. Been looking for people to play that with.

Forkball

6bd87821.png

thumbnail.png

A5D6FA16952E9AF88FFE16923912EAFD5D2EA11A

7E857FE9A7701EB64CCD02A6FE26D6543566ECAB

F54200CA45BCCF49FAB41D6ACC0678F5415C4429

7F2A0D3BE4C9BBE7724B97A554DFEFC3EBAA9769

3FECEE84259E1ED38ECCF3D3BDEAB9B07D2148E1

79E447C2B23D3DC94B60FA5903F5CEAB5B91F774

8B766CF5077A3ACDEBAEA24EB08515FE894D949F

004DE780882226F7D2F3E12287B6A29E82E971B0

AC8F457C24B1641099C1ED4BC85BA0A8A0B3DA03

D26D44A0D37E8DEA57DFE4517E2A2CDFF770D7B8

304B68FB7127A9A0A1AD304CDF1C7D20D4B07CBB

Yeef

Eligible people for Greed Corp (played three maps in a row*):
  • Acerac
  • Antiparadigm
  • Artist
  • Boney
  • BuddhaRockstar
  • Chesskid
  • ClDud
  • Cloudius
  • CommodoreBluth
  • Dragonlife
  • Fallengorn
  • Firebrand
  • Firehead
  • Grimm
  • Issendrix
  • Joe Carter
  • Leo
  • LilZippa
  • Metaphorically
  • Mojimbo
  • NSquote
  • Pangloss
  • Soka
  • Speculawyer
  • SteveWinwood
  • Wagosto
  • Whoreoleo
  • Yeef**
  • Zomba

* Anyone who would have played 3 in a row if not for the custom map would have been given a pass, but no one fit that criteria.
** If I win, I'll pick a random person from my friends list who has Greed Corp on their wishlist.

I'm gonna run a random number generator on my phone as soon as I go and get some Crunch Berries. Winners must send me a Private message on the forum to claim their prize. This is just so non-gaffers who happened to play can't get the prize. If it's someone who's a regular but turns out to not have a GAF account, then that's fine, just shoot me a message on Steam.

[EDIT] Well, forget the thing about sending me a PM, because all three winners are people I know have accounts and are regulars.

THE WINNERS ARE:
  1. NSQuote
  2. Speculawyer
  3. Acerac

Yeef

Speculawyer already has it too, rerolled for him and got: Dragonlife... who does not have it!

Already sent to Acerac and Dragonlife. Quote needs to accept my friend request.

Acerac

Banned
Thanks Yeef! It was awesome enough just to see the server going again, but I won't turn down a chance to increase my infinite backlog.

JankyGAF is still my favorite server to play on. Sure I lose the ability to use spy, but the fact that I can be a medic and not become instantly frustrated with incompetent teammates more than makes up for it. :)

Sianos

Sorry, Yeef, went off to go have some sleep. Been too tired always lately.

I was thinking of picking Greed Corps up: it has a great atmosphere and a quirky idea behind it. Thanks, Yeef!

Server was fun last night, glad to see it full again. Even on my less enjoyed maps I had a good time: I have a replay saved of that caber -> airshot pills on Whoreleo that I need to edit.

And people say the caber is useless!

Oreoleo

I have a replay saved of that caber -> airshot pills on Whoreleo that I need to edit.

That was kind of incredible, I wasn't even sure of what had happened. I was distracted by a medic coming in to melee me after I turned around for a split second, and then, boom, dead. I look forward to seeing that when you get it uploaded.

Speculawyer already has it too, rerolled for him and got: Dragonlife... who does not have it!

Already sent to Acerac and Dragonlife. Quote needs to accept my friend request.
Oh, cool, so this is what I missed. I didn't even know this raffle was going on. I never win anything.

I feel special.

Top Bottom