• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Acerac

Banned
Free games are free games. I'd get more myself, but you're only allowed a limited amount and considering my backlog I thought it'd be a good idea to wait for new titles to show up.

Blizzard

Banned
Valve games supporting alt-tab without freezing 5-10 seconds? Scandalous.

I'm expecting a variety of other crashes, however, and hopefully some completely unexpected bugs like infinite spy dead ringer cloak or level 3 mini sentries.

Remember if you're on the server for 3 rounds or more then I'll throw in you a pool to have a chance at winning either Eufloria or Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII !!!!!

Change of plans. Now there are 4 giveaways.

1. Eufloria
2. Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII
3. Darwinia, DEFCON, Uplink, and Multiwinia (aka the Introversion Bundle)
4. Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, and Dungeons of Dredmor (aka the other half of the newest humble bundle)

Some of those introversion games (specifically DEFCON and Uplink) are some of my favorite games ever, so whoever gets those are super lucky! Full disclosure: I've never played any of the other games, despite owning them all, other than Dungeons. So I have no clue how those are.

Yeef

I don't know if it's just the people that were on the server or the patch, but lots of people were skipping around tonight.

Javaman

I demand announcement making privileges. Before some regulars came on it was just me, Muju, and a team full of idiots. :\

That's no way to talk about Dreams-Visions.

I've also wanted announcement making abilities for a while. I wanted to play tonight but no one was on. I COULD HAVE MADE IT HAPPEN.

You goobers have had it for like a couple of weeks... :eek:P

EsI64.jpg

Haahaa. Mrs Java has the real power. I'm just a peon.

People who played at least 3 rounds:
Big booty paul
cldud1245
Firebrand
Isendrix
Spitfire
Jayvamanns
Javamang
stefan-boltzmann constant
Adam
Cloudius
Joe carter
kac shibishi
Stevewinwood
javamaster96
inkwell
javadude
Milabrega

EDIT:
Firebrand got the introversion bundle. Big booty paul got Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII. Adam got the other half of the introversion bundle. And inkwell got eufloria. All claimed! YAY!

Yeah but I mean literally no one plays it. It is a ghost land. and the "singleplayer" is not worth your time. Seriously.

It's a really good game, but it had such a shitty launch that everyone abandoned it immediately. Can't blame 'em. Get your free elsewhere, son.

I got max level and got all of the good soldier/engineer perks. Flash grenades were the shit. As you said: damn fine game with a horrible launch.

yeoz

Nope! I already have my computer set to auto-defrag steam once a week.

Turned out I forgot to close utorrent. Prrrt!

The tf2 defrag thing is for defragging the gcf container itself. Not that I actually think that makes much of a difference though.

Yeef said:
As most of you are probably aware, when you upload a video to youtube straight from the TF2 client it is auto tagged with a match id in the format of match_12A345B. I was curious if anyone knew exactly how the match id was hashed. I have a web page that automatically tracks match history on my server and serves up SourceTV demos. I'm interested in adding a link to each match entry that will search youtube for replays from the match, but I need to know how the match ID is calculated in order to do so. Any help is appreciated.
Quoted here (from the hlds mailing list) for anyone else who isn't stalking Yeef already.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The tf2 defrag thing is for defragging the gcf container itself. Not that I actually think that makes much of a difference though.

Quoted here (from the hlds mailing list) for anyone else who isn't stalking Yeef already.

It does for me. After random patches I sometimes get that annoying stutter, and the tf2 defrag always fixes it. Before that I had to format my PC to fix it.

People who played at least 3 rounds:
Big booty paul
cldud1245
Firebrand
Isendrix
Spitfire
Jayvamanns
Javamang
stefan-boltzmann constant
Adam
Cloudius
Joe carter
kac shibishi
Stevewinwood
javamaster96
inkwell
javadude
Milabrega

EDIT:
Firebrand got the introversion bundle.
And Adam, Inkwell, and Big booty Paul either haven't accepted my friend requests or are offline. But they won too!

Never thought I would see him again. Great to see you. Use your mic next time.

Yeef

The all-father looks great. Mainly because of the goofy smile they have in the picture.

Yeah, I know. I have hlextract set to run every once a week as well as a PC-wide defragger (Auslogics) set to run once a week on a different day. Though now that I think about it I rarely ever close steam, to it's possible that when HLExtract runs it doesn't do anything since I'm pretty sure Steam has to be closed to defrag certain GCF's (including TF2).

it's probably going to be tougher than I thought to implement. It's based on a cvar rather than general data, as I'm sure you're aware. It looks like I'll probably have to end up doing something where it prints out the console spew to a log file for a split second and then pull the info from there. It's a much sloppier way than I would have hoped.

Yeef

It's probably going to be tougher than I thought to implement. It's based on a cvar rather than general data, as I'm sure you're aware. It looks like I'll probably have to end up doing something where it prints out the console spew to a log file for a split second and then pull the info from there. It's a much sloppier way than I would have hoped.
Forget what I said. Some dude at alliedmods ended up writing a plugin for me and after a few small
large
edits, it does exactly what I want it to. Hooray for generosity and non-sloppy solutions to problems!

(._.)

Banned
Damn, I wanna make some TF2 items. I feel like I know 3ds max well enough to make some really decent models. Thing is I blow at texture mapping.

I remember the old TFC maps like rats or turkeyburgers had 4 teams :)

I don't recall that. I remember turkeyburgers as that was the first mini map I ever played and it blew my mind. Maybe I was too distracted to notice two other teams or (more probably) I just never played the right versions.

Top Bottom