• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

yeoz

I craft hats because there's not really anything else to do with metal. I only have idle accounts so that I can immediately craft new weapons when they're released, but there haven't been any new weapons in ages, so my backpacks tend to overfill, at which point I just cash out my metal for a chance at hats. Any that I don't want I just thrown on the pile.
I've still got 50~ hats for you whenever you are ready for them...

Tenck

I dominated Fallengorn on the day crits are turned off. COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT.

AC9817C08A73E19823FF476150AB03C34C0EC3F8

So you're telling me, I may have a chance at dominating that dirty soldier named Fallengorn?!?!?!?

However, the temptation of having a top tier hat instantly is too great for some. Also a lot of people like to stock up on refined or craft hats when a major update is coming, so they can instantly have the new hats and if Gabe willing, one with a craft number, which can be traded for a ton of stuff. Since new hats are always insanely overpriced, some people would rather just take a shot at randomly crafting one instead of trying to save up seven+ refined. I've gotten some good stuff with crafting (Teddy Roosebelt, Soldier's Dress Uniform, Sniper Crocodile necklace, Furious Fukamigasa) but I've also gotten some crap (Hetman's Headpiece, Napper's Respite, Hustler's Hallmark etc.) I plan to combine my two craft hats after the Christmas update hits so I can try for a new item.

Thanks...thats what I figured so im not really missing something here

I craft hats because there's not really anything else to do with metal. I only have idle accounts so that I can immediately craft new weapons when they're released, but there haven't been any new weapons in ages, so my backpacks tend to overfill, at which point I just cash out my metal for a chance at hats. Any that I don't want I just thrown on the pile.
must be nice.

For the guys with unusuals how did you get first?? im OK with hats (got the ones I desperately wanted except last breath which in a month ill be able to afford)...should I just hoard metal->bills/keys-> buds and trade or did you get lucky and pop one from a crate?...meaning which route should i go save or cross fingers (im guessing save...at 1% chance it seems obvious i guess)

Javaman

Xmas update- santa flies around radomly dropping presents every 10 minutes or so on a shitty map. Get 10 and then combine them into an exclusive xmas hat.

How do I get 100+ points in a pub when this laptop runs the game at 20-30 fps at most. I placed a Sentry in the most dumbest and open place I could think of in goldrush. 16 (11) Sentry kills.

commissar

Playing TF2 reminds me of the only thing that really makes me rage in the game:

weapons not drawing when loadout is down, fuck you valve ):<

Tenck

Well not going back now because some idiots want to go Heavy and medic combo with 8 people on the server.

To the people who did that, fuck you for ruining the matches.

Ironmask

my first post!

hope to be helpful about when the christmas sale will starts
on the english rules of the actual Steam Daily Wish Giveway they say generally that the promotion will end when the christmas sales begins, but on the italian rules of the actual Steam Daily Wish Giveway, it states this:

Partecipazione. Le partecipazioni sono aperte dalle ore 21:00 dell&#8217;1 Dicembre 2011 fino a quando Valve darà inizio ai Saldi Natalizi, come annunciato dalla stessa Valve su store.steampowered.com alle ore 21:00 del 19 Dicembre 2011, ora Italiana (da adesso "Periodo della Lotteria"). Durante il Periodo della Lotteria, ogni Giornata comincerà a partire dalle ore 21:00 e terminerà alle 20:59:59 del giorno seguente, ora Italiana. Per ogni Giornata del Periodo della Lotteria, lo Sponsor annuncerà un "Affare del Giorno" su < http://store.steampowered.com/>,

so they will begin the 19th of December (at least here in Italy)

Holmes

My boyfriend, who's obsessed with Doctor Who, has made his own Doctor BLU. Then he made a video, the Fall of the 11th, in which he battles Dellvos, and then... falls. Clickl.

Sianos

That's like going scout on a server with 6 people. Fuck you shits.
You play mostly Demo, right?

Scout is supposed to be your main counter. Try to predict his movements and lay sticky bombs in his path (the "lay stickies behind them so they can't retreat" trick rarely works on good Scouts.) and lead your grenades. They have low health, so one direct hit grenade + 10-20 HP of splash damage will finish them off. Just keep practicing your pill aim and stick with teammates if you have trouble with Scouts.

You play mostly Demo, right?

No. I click random always, always. Sometimes, very rarely, I will pick random again mid-game.

Scout is supposed to be your main counter. Try to predict his movements and lay sticky bombs in his path (the "lay stickies behind them so they can't retreat" trick rarely works on good Scouts.) and lead your grenades. They have low health, so one direct hit grenade + 10-20 HP of splash damage will finish them off. Just keep practicing your pill aim and stick with teammates if you have trouble with Scouts.

I can't help but smile when people give me advice on how to play Team Fortress 2. I mean, I appreciate it, but I already know all this. Seriously.

I think you also missed the "six people on the server" part. Scouts become more powerful as player count decreases.

Blizzard

Banned
I can't help but smile when people give me advice on how to play Team Fortress 2. I mean, I appreciate it, but I already know all this. Seriously.
Since no one by the name "Togglesworlh" seems to play on the server much, clearly we should assume you're a TF2 newbie by default! I mean, you didn't even show up in the TF2 thread until what, the last couple of months? The game's been out for AGES! :E

Since no one by the name "Togglesworlh" seems to play on the server much, clearly we should assume you're a TF2 newbie by default! I mean, you didn't even show up in the TF2 thread until what, the last couple of months? The game's been out for AGES! :E

He sucks at dota 2 as well.

Sianos

I think you also missed the "six people on the server" part. Scouts become more powerful as player count decreases.
You silly, of course killing people/staying alive is easier when you work together with other people. Scouts focus on taking out lone/priority targets, so traveling in groups makes you a harder target for scouts, but easier for sticky/rocket splash to hit you. More people means more people to travel with and more chances of there being an Engineer (Scout's hard counter).

I'm talking 1v1 matches, getting in a fight with a Scout when your teammates aren't around. They can't help you if they aren't there.

Top Bottom