• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

DarkKyo

Any chance anybody here knows about unusual prices?

I'm wondering how many buds I could get for my glengary w/ purple energy.

I have had the problems too. Jittery game ever since the last patch, makes it almost impossible to aim and occasional freezes. Best way to describe it is that it feels like I'm lagging and so are other people (they jump around). It last happened at the Halloween update. I'm just going to wait for the next patch and hopefully (probably) it'll be fixed.

Yeef

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

EpjTq.png

[EDIT] Also, from the mailing list:

We all know that some server operators run mods specifically designed to falsify information sent to the Valve backend and to their players. These mods inaccurately report the player count and whether players are human or not. They conceal that significant modifications to gameplay have been made. This is detrimental to players' experience.

Perhaps some server operators would actually prefer to not run these mods, but feel that it is necessary to compete and maintain their community. For this reason, Valve has made the decision not to take any action against any server operators at this time.

We will be directly contacting some of the "institutional offenders" who are using these mods on multiple servers. However, whether we contact you directly or not, this email serves as warning to all server operators that we do have the ability to detect this class of behavior, and, going forward, we are going to be more aggressive at policing it. If we determine that you are modifying the network stream or otherwise circumventing basic security measures, we will take the actions needed to maintain a positive environment for our players.

To be perfectly clear, here are some examples of the modifications and behaviours which we consider especially harmful to our community:

* Forging or modifying network communications used to describe server properties to the backend or directly to clients.

* Concealing the fact that bots are bots, and making them appear as human players. (Running bots is OK, as long as no modifications are made that make it difficult for players to identify which players are bots and which are humans.)

* Interfering with the mechanisms that advertise modifications to gameplay rules in the server browser. (For example, nocrits, gravity, respawn times, etc.) Experimenting with gameplay modifications is encouraged, but any mechanisms in the engine designed to alert players to those modifications must be allowed to function.

* Listing the same game server multiple times in the master server.

Thank you,
Fletcher Dunn

We have plans for some sort of intermediate form of game server selection that allows for more user customization. Something in between quickplay and the full server browser. We are really interested in helping people locate the type of game they want to play, and if we can help them find it quickly without wading through the server browser, we’ll do that.

As for whether we will change the purpose of the super-simple “press one button, get into a game” version of quickplay we have right now --- probably not. That search will probably continue to be used primarily to locate a good server for the vanilla team fortress experience, the one we expect new players to use.

- Fletch

I hate spoofed player counts and it seems like a majority of the servers I see are like that, but that's mostly because results are spammed with Wonka/Lotus/Skial servers.

The fuk....2 days of idling, yesterday I got 1 gunslinger and today I got 4 random pieces of crap :/
so yeah im tf2 broke for xmas update

Item server issues for you I guess? I've had a good pull so far this week (only one account producing below average), although it's looking like I'm going to break my 6-week streak of getting hats.

Sianos

Ban him from soldier

Also everyone should chip in so insomniac can get a new computer :p

Awwwwww, you guys!

I've figured out how to fully disable gibs and ragdolls, rather than just lowering the quality. I'll mess with the internet settings a bit, I think that's the problem.

By the way, is it just my game or is everyone exploding when they die by anything? It was hilarious seeing a guy send far away and when he landed he exploded.

By the way, is it just my game or is everyone exploding when they die by anything? It was hilarious seeing a guy send far away and when he landed he exploded.
Probably everybody wearing the Halloween pin that makes you explode.

I love it since I always run silly gibs so springs and alarm clocks everywhere!

New crates are coming according to the Schema update:

"name": "Naughty Winter Crate 2011"
"item_description": "This crate is unusually festive.\nIts contents are unknown and\nnormal keys don't fit the lock.\n\nYou'd better hold onto it.\nThere'll probably be a way to open it later."

"name": "Nice Winter Crate 2011"
"item_description": "This crate is unusually festive.\nIts contents are unknown and\nnormal keys don't fit the lock.\n\nYou'd better hold onto it.\nThere'll probably be a way to open it later."

This was the patch btw, didn't see anyone post it:

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include: Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

Added video options UI for Windows Vista / Windows 7 DirectX extensions. Disabling the extensions will increase memory usage, but can improve compatibility with video drivers.

Team Fortress 2:

Fixed wearable gibs spawning outside of the map
Fixed some missing strings for the Backwards Ballcap

Updated these items so they can be crafted and traded

The Dr. Whoa
The Dashin' Hashshashin
The Sharp Dresser
The Point and Shoot
The War Head

Updated the localization files

I kinda want the knife skin.

Not a fan of AC, but it seems kinda cool looking and I love Spy.

I'm sure it'll cost a ton for a while, though.

Top Bottom