• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Good games tonight guys. One of these days I'll learn how not to be a drag on the team. In the meantime, I guess I just have to hope that Yeef's magic stax plugin puts me on the winning team ;)

yeoz

I'm going to take a break from tf2. Won't uninstall, because I'm still going to idle, but, I won't be playing again for a while. Have fun guys.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
thefil said:
Question:

Just played against a Scout on 5gorge who doubled anyone else's score, never missed me with a pistol/scattergun shot, and achieved Scout Milestone 1 during the match.

Does it sound like a hacker or am I just sore for being in second place and dominated?
Aimbotter. Have seen it before.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sgt.Pepper said:
Anymore Janky-Ass videos? I didn't save any. Wish it did it automatically, sometimes I just forget. =\
The replay system is easily the worst feature in tf2.

Yeef

There was an update to the mapchooser plugin. I'll load it tomorrow. It has a feature that I vaguely recall someone requesting like a week ago.

Added new Post-Played Exclusion module, giving the ability to specify a period of time after a map is played that it should be excluded. (Thanks Sazpaimon!)
So, for example, I could set Thunder Mountain to be excluded if we've played it in the last X hours.
Where X is 48 because that's how long one game on that map takes, am i rite? lol

XeroSauce said:
Wrangler is beastly. I hate Wrangled Sentries because they take forever to take down. Regular sentries feel like toys compared to them.

Wrangled Minisentries may be the most annoying thing in the game next to spam.
Minisentry + Shotgun should outdamage a wrangled minisentry provided you can aim. The only real benefits to using a wrangled minisentry is that it has aim assist and that it has no fall off, so you can use it for sniping.

Pancakes said:
The replay system is easily the worst feature in tf2.
I can't remember a game that had an awesome replay system, it was a sport game that I played at someone's house, but the name misses me. I think it was a Tony Hawk game.

Valve has to step it up.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
I can't remember a game that had an awesome replay system, it was a sport game that I played at someone's house, but the name misses me. I think it was a Tony Hawk game.

Valve has to step it up.
I'm mostly happy with the replay system. The only thing I'd like to see out of it is for it to record voice chat and the ability to toggle voice chat, text chat and HUD off or on at any time.

Yeef said:
I'm mostly happy with the replay system. The only thing I'd like to see out of it is for it to record voice chat and the ability to toggle voice chat, text chat and HUD off or on at any time.
At least it should get an automatic recording option. I've missed many awesome moments because I forgot to press F6.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damnit, I'm always late to the party ;_;.

NLF7p.png

Dechaios said:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I hope you're kidding or else I'ma have to go kick somebody square in the nuts.

What else is more poorly implemented? The drop system is fine, the community is nice, balance is debatable but it doesn't ruin the game.

What are you getting at?

Dug said:
I'm glad we even have a replay system.

It's pretty much mandatory in a good FPS these guys.

Blizzard

Banned
Javaman said:
Wait, wrangled sentries havve autoaim? Are you sure? I've never noticed that before.
I'm almost positive. Put up a mini sentry, point in the general direction of a sniper across the map, and notice how the laser will snap to them if you move it around a little bit. It's nice. I could be crazy I suppose.

corn_fest

Blizzard said:
I'm almost positive. Put up a mini sentry, point in the general direction of a sniper across the map, and notice how the laser will snap to them if you move it around a little bit. It's nice. I could be crazy I suppose.
Apparently there's a bit of auto-aim with the Wrangler, if you keep the crosshairs on a target it will move towards the center of their bodies.

Also, I was thinking my connection was janky for a few days, so I checked my rate and it changed from 35000 to 3500. It happened once before, some strange bug with updates, maybe?

XeroSauce

Javaman said:
Wait, wrangled sentries havve autoaim? Are you sure? I've never noticed that before.

If it didn't Engineers would be missing a lot more and players wouldn't have lasers in their face.

Ever notice that the laser is always pointed to the middle of the enemy's body and as a player you need see it above you or at your eye level? There's a bit of snap to when the Engineer is near a player.

Javaman

XeroSauce said:
If it didn't Engineers would be missing a lot more and players wouldn't have lasers in their face.

Ever notice that the laser is always pointed to the middle of the enemy's body and as a player you need see it above you or at your eye level? There's a bit of snap to when the Engineer is near a player.
Sounds like more of a nerf to me. Even a slight autoaim will make it MUCH harder to hit a moving person due to the bullet speed. We should test this out some time.

Yeef

Javaman said:
Sounds like more of a nerf to me. Even a slight autoaim will make it MUCH harder to hit a moving person due to the bullet speed. We should test this out some time.
Sentries are hitscan. There's no bullet speed, it's an instant hit.

Proven

yeoz said:
I'm going to take a break from tf2. Won't uninstall, because I'm still going to idle, but, I won't be playing again for a while. Have fun guys.
Aww.
Yeef said:
I'd even record voice myself if they could just put the HUD in. Next on my list would be the ability to choose which person's kill feed to highlight in white. I would make a large number of first person videos, but without the HUD it only looks interesting if you place it in third person. At that point, only the main combat classes really show off.

Also, I'm tired of people calling the Enforcer overpowered. It does 72 damage max without a crit. The regular revolver does 60 damage max. Most times you pull out the revolver will be with your opponent not at max health, and even then at most the Enforcer will generally save you just one shot.

People are using it so much and yet calling it OP that I'm forgetting what it's downside is supposed to be.

Sgt.Pepper said:
It is not ideal, but it could be worse. That said, hat drops are ridiculously low for aesthetic items.

It was worse for a very long time. Now it's just "not quite as terrible" as it was.

For example, there's the arbitrary limits on drops, deciding if you've "played enough" this week, or if you wasted items because you didn't idle. They're just starting to figure out craft recipes (past one or two short-lived experiments with them), and doing strange things with them still, not to mention some of the crazy costs for items. 1 Refined for a common weapon that might drop for you next week? They drastically reduced how long it takes to save up for a refined, and it still takes 2-3 weeks at eight hours a week idling or playing minimum, and that's if you happen to get nothing but items that craft with each other.

Then they talked about you being able to "influence" which items you get, and while I believe they worked on it (and there are the craft recipes for some items, some more reasonable than others), it's definitely not there yet. Items from the original Medic and Pyro updates are just as likely to drop as newer items, or items you need. I remember, pre-trading, there being a point where I needed an Eyelander, having crafted my achievement-granted one, and it was weeks upon weeks before the game dropped one for me. I was just stuck otherwise. Now, the options are a little more open, but at the end of the day, the drop system could give you the cool new rocket launcher everyone's drooling over, or it could give you a pair of Gunboats. There's no higher logic to it, it's all lottery.

Hats, as you mentioned, have a cruel drop rate (even after they doubled it) for something they wouldn't stop talking about for months and months on end (and are now synonymous with the game), and I have a page full of crates that are literally worthless to me or anybody else.
And yet I know the minute I trash them, Valve will let you start crafting them into things.
The drop system is much, much better than it was, but it's still a pretty big mess.

Zomba13

Just crafted my Prancer's Pride and Rubber Glove together as they weren't getting traded for anything and got a lvl1 Samur-Eye :)

Now to find out what I can trade my other one for.

Dechaios said:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I hope you're kidding or else I'ma have to go kick somebody square in the nuts.

When compared to Black Ops or Halo Reach replay, it sucks balls. Loading screen just to forward 10 seconds? C'mon!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Uriah said:
The problem is the enforcer has no downside while using the dead ringer.

Well if it helps me kill these bastard pyros who airblast spam me into a corner with no hope of escape I think it's fair.

I'm considering switching to a Homewrecker pyro at the start of every payload match on the GAF server to give our Engineers some backup against those filthy, dirty spies. Ugh.

Out of curiosity, does destroying a Sapper with the Homewrecker count as a destruction?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
How Valve manages to top their previous shitty game performance with each patch is mind boggling.

DarkKyo

MarkMclovin said:
When compared to Black Ops or Halo Reach replay, it sucks balls. Loading screen just to forward 10 seconds? C'mon!
It has to load to go backwards 10 seconds. If I recall correctly Halo's replay editor can't rewind like a VCR either. TF2's replay editor does fast forward, though.

Pancakes said:
What else is more poorly implemented? The drop system is fine, the community is nice, balance is debatable but it doesn't ruin the game.
The loadout screen still needs a lot of work imo, as does the backpack. The replay editor is more fully featured than I ever could have imagined. Okay so it doesn't have a million features, but for working on an engine that they created years ago it's pretty damn good! Anything advanced I want to do in terms of TF2 video creation I can just do in Adobe Premiere using the very beautifully rendered TF2 replay footage.

JackEtc

Uriah said:
The problem is the enforcer has no downside while using the dead ringer.
As a spy, I love it, but yes I agree. When I use any watch other than the DR I'll switch to the regular pistol.

ArtistDude88 said:
Swing And A...

Taken yesterday on the jankiest server there is!

Pretty sure that Red Pyro was me. And now I understand why it looked like I died to that other Pyro so easily...

For the record, I would have totally been okay with being knocked out of the park by a random taunt kill like that. ;)

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Swing And A...

Taken yesterday on the jankiest server there is!
i was playing on a Valve server yesterday and about to taunt kill some sniper with the atomizer, then some jerk soldier just killed him before the animation finished. ;(

XeroSauce

JackEtc said:
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://i.imgur.com/szqZw.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice job!

[quote=balladofwindfishes]on the weapon itself

Kind of like how Wikipedia puts development histories on game pages that have interesting pasts.[/quote]

Yes yes YES.

I love reading about that kinda stuff.

[quote=Iadien]How Valve manages to top their previous shitty game performance with each patch is mind boggling.[/quote]

Well you're a bundle of joy, aren't you.

Top Bottom