• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Blizzard

Banned
People being bad at high tower is basically what you're complaining about. The strategy for high tower is pretty straightforward. When the cart is at the first hill, you have to hold down the top of the hill so that it can be pushed up. When it's at the final rise you have to hold the high tower (imagine that) and the top 2 spawn exits. When a team is even semi-coordinated it's fairly easy to do.
The funny thing is, I always semi-jokingly said that the main way to win hightower is to do completely spawncamp the other team. And it's kind of funny that you're agreeing with that. I wish that wasn't the best strategy at the last point but oh well!

If hightower was like nightfall with a timelimit and overtime pushing the carts, I'd love it. That's my biggest wish in general: more payload maps with forced overtime. I just like the idea of the cart moving whether or not anyone is on it, so just deathmatching doesn't cause the game to stagnate. It's also why I enjoy Stage 3 of Panic.
I agree with this. If hightower was one round, and/or had a forced 10 minute time limit with karts moving themselves, I think I'd be happy even if it ended in a tie.

I missed the 'there is no one in the server' to 'its completely full' window :(

I get on and its HYDRO!? F YEA!!!

Why would I stay for hightower when we just got done with a vastly superior map? It's like washing your mouth out after caviar with dog shit.

Well, I doubt I'll be able to play tomorrow (And probably would play something else than TF2). I'll be overseas during Christmas until January 6, hopefully I will find an Invisible Backstabbing Frenchman so I can kick him in the balls while I'm at it.

Hopefully I will not crash and die a horrible death.

Blizzard

Banned
At least we can all agree that arena is generally better, and shorter, than capture the flag and 5-point-capture-maps and hydro! Those things take, man.

KOTH is another example of a nice game mode that doesn't last long, and then you get a new map with a new experience and new adventures!

Forkball

I got a nice winter crate in my idle account. Can't wait to unbox some reskin!

Also me and Kirsten may have inadvertently pissed off Javaman in Dungeon Defenders. We're scared.

I need to play dungeon defenders at some point, but I just bought a flightstick in preparation of playing a whole bunch of space sims from the gog sale!

Yeef

I can't get into Dungeon Defenders anymore. The core gameplay is fine, but I think I'd much prefer it if it were a tighter experience instead of going the loot whore route.

Don't know which game I'll play next. I finished Bastion last night. I'm sort of in the mood for a good action game. Maybe I'll install Darksiders and give that a shot.

It saddens me that I didn't discover this gem till it went F2P. I played CS, but never got into TF.

It saddens me even more that I spent $50 on BF3 last month, and everytime I think about playing it, I decide that I'd rather play TF2.

Tenck

I can't get into Dungeon Defenders anymore. The core gameplay is fine, but I think I'd much prefer it if it were a tighter experience instead of going the loot whore route.

Don't know which game I'll play next. I finished Bastion last night. I'm sort of in the mood for a good action game. Maybe I'll install Darksiders and give that a shot.

Have you played Deus Ex HR? I just played it today and I loved it!

Darksiders is shitballs awesome.

If its arena, it's automatically boring and awful.

It actually works really well. It's not like regular arena. It's just that, instead of being a normal CP, for each "area", you only have one chance. If you die, that's it. Then whoever won that round keeps their territory..

All that said, regular arena is fine in small doses. Stop being a baby.

Yeef

It actually works really well. It's not like regular arena. It's just that, instead of being a normal CP, for each "area", you only have one chance. If you die, that's it. Then whoever won that round keeps their territory
Yup. Unlike most arena maps, it still has all of the normal health and ammo packs, so it's just a matter of playing conservatively instead of busting through a stalemate. It's excellent.

Blizzard

Banned
I think we can all at least agree that Egypt is not awesome.
I really like the Egypt style, and I actually like the Egypt KOTH map (it's short like most/all KOTH maps!)...but I understand some people's frustration with the original Egypt multi-stage map even though I don't mind it.

I guess I just like variety in my scenery!

I really like the Egypt style, and I actually like the Egypt KOTH map (it's short like most/all KOTH maps!)...but I understand some people's frustration with the original Egypt multi-stage map even though I don't mind it.

I guess I just like variety in my scenery!
Yeah I almost forgot about that. Egypt is probably my favorite KOTH map.

Top Bottom